Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 22-07-2021, 12:52 PM   #12601
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
You read correct.

When Covid first kicked off last year my family faced a dilemma, my Wife works in aged care and i was driving school buses doing morning and arvo school runs. We decided as a family for the sake of my Wife as an essential worker, to pull our children from school and for me to stand down from my job to reduce the risk of community exposure, we did 2 weeks of isolation before the first wave sent us all into lockdown.
That is very noble of you, has your wife not been vaccinated yet?

For the record my wife works in health, in and around a hospital, and she gets her first jab in 2 weeks time...crazy...apparently family members can now apply so I will look into that next week.

I respect your right to do what you want, but there was no public health advice or requirement to do so? Just as people are free to not follow advice, if others go above and beyond then that is their choice. But you can hardly get annoyed at others following the rules.

Your angst makes more sense now, but to be honest I find your actions have the right moral stance, we as a country just cant operate like that.

Are your kids still home?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
2 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2021, 12:53 PM   #12602
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

4, western Syd eh ? those walking with no masks.
My side for yomks everyone has face nappys on, haven't noticed one without, like you I'm not at lshops daily but I watch when I'm there.
Speaking to my sister yesterday - when she went to her local shop (won't go to any large centres I'm the same) she noticed a person not QRcoding in, she let her know and good on her, the person wasn't impressed, this is the prob forever and a day, todays world.
People back in our young days in general complied with the rules, you mightn't have been happy but did, whereas todays we have too many sections of people working against what good for all because it doesn't suit their pov/need or that no one tells me what to do !
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
3 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2021, 12:57 PM   #12603
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Keep hearing no one has defeated the delta strain. False. Delta was in Vic back early June, it got smashed because we already had some restrictions in place, and we extended it by 7 days to smash it. It was smashed then and it can be smashed again......question is, how much are we willing to sacrifice.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...41c0dd7c5251c9

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
3 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2021, 01:11 PM   #12604
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Keep hearing no one has defeated the delta strain. False. Delta was in Vic back early June, it got smashed because we already had some restrictions in place, and we extended it by 7 days to smash it. It was smashed then and it can be smashed again......question is, how much are we willing to sacrifice.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...41c0dd7c5251c9
Do you work for VicGov? Some loaded language going on.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 22-07-2021, 01:17 PM   #12605
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Do you work for VicGov? Some loaded language going on.
No. It has been suggested I'm on their payroll previously. Just like facts, Poyal. We've been shat on for 18 months.

And if I'm being accused of being pro Vic.......then I'm guilty as charged.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

4 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2021, 01:17 PM   #12606
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
4, western Syd eh ? those walking with no masks.
My side for yomks everyone has face nappys on, haven't noticed one without, like you I'm not at lshops daily but I watch when I'm there.
Speaking to my sister yesterday - when she went to her local shop (won't go to any large centres I'm the same) she noticed a person not QRcoding in, she let her know and good on her, the person wasn't impressed, this is the prob forever and a day, todays world.
People back in our young days in general complied with the rules, you mightn't have been happy but did, whereas todays we have too many sections of people working against what good for all because it doesn't suit their pov/need or that no one tells me what to do !
Yeah, not a shopping centre, just a strip of 6 shops in a domestic street. So a mum and dad independent grocer, a family run butcher, a mum and dad takeway, a post office, a hairdressers (shut) and a family run bottlo. So never the amount of foot traffic as a shopping centre, but none the less, it still only takes 1 person to ruin it. But i think the current fines for businesses is enough to get the little guys to pull their socks up. I only frequent the bottlo, they sell what i want at low prices, but always wear a mask and get asked if i signed in. It really isnt hard to just comply. I dislike face masks as much as everyone else, but at the outset bought a washable black one and a backup pack of disposables. The washable one is easier to live with, but i have backups. And the washable one is, taking into account how long its been, probably been cheaper then binning disposables over and over.
2 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2021, 02:03 PM   #12607
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
You really need to give it a rest. You’re as bad as the pro gss nsw mob.
All I said was Delta was eliminated smashed here previously, thats a good thing I would have thought. Nothing about states vs state. But anyway.

Rides (past and present)

Old 22-07-2021, 02:07 PM   #12608
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Most i know are surprised it took this long to close....

From 1am tomorrow...

Queensland closes border to NSW in order to ease restrictions

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...ictions_220721

Quote:
Queensland will close its border to all of New South Wales from 1am tomorrow in order to ease some coronavirus restrictions.
Some restrictions on gatherings will be eased, however mask-wearing will be required for another seven days, Acting Premier Steven Miles said.
The state has recorded no new cases of COVID-19.........more in link.

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
2 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2021, 02:20 PM   #12609
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
That is very noble of you, has your wife not been vaccinated yet?

For the record my wife works in health, in and around a hospital, and she gets her first jab in 2 weeks time...crazy...apparently family members can now apply so I will look into that next week.

I respect your right to do what you want, but there was no public health advice or requirement to do so? Just as people are free to not follow advice, if others go above and beyond then that is their choice. But you can hardly get annoyed at others following the rules.

Your angst makes more sense now, but to be honest I find your actions have the right moral stance, we as a country just cant operate like that.

Are your kids still home?
They offered free jabs at her workplace but it was the AZ vaccine and as someone who lived through my own blood clotting experience, she wouldnt have a bar of it.
Now its been made mandatory from October? she's booked in for Pfizer through her GP at the end of the month.
Im booked in for Pfizer early August and again early September.

Im not asking anyone to do anything that hasnt been asked of them and know full well that some wont do what is asked anyway, my issue isnt with the people of NSW for not wanting a full state lockdown, my issue is with the decision makers and their agenda's.

My kids returned to school for term 3 2020 as at that point we had eliminated it from the community here in SA.
I also returned to work then as School sports and excursions had recommenced for the same reasons.
4 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2021, 02:36 PM   #12610
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

It's like being in a bloody primary school watching kids winding each other up and I'm sick of it.

The next personal attack by anyone in this thread will result in a 7 day ban.

If you can't have a debate about something without taking it personally or respect the opinion of another member when it disagrees with your own then you'd best avoid this thread.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 22-07-2021, 02:40 PM   #12611
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
They offered free jabs at her workplace but it was the AZ vaccine and as someone who lived through my own blood clotting experience, she wouldnt have a bar of it.
Now its been made mandatory from October? she's booked in for Pfizer through her GP at the end of the month.
Im booked in for Pfizer early August and again early September.

Im not asking anyone to do anything that hasnt been asked of them and know full well that some wont do what is asked anyway, my issue isnt with the people of NSW for not wanting a full state lockdown, my issue is with the decision makers and their agenda's.

My kids returned to school for term 3 2020 as at that point we had eliminated it from the community here in SA.
I also returned to work then as School sports and excursions had recommenced for the same reasons.
yep, in turn due to those wood ducks gets us good people who do the right thing turn on each other.
Its not healthy one bit.
Gonna be alot of hurt yet to come becuase of ALL of them governing us, rightly or wrongly for all of us, the jab is the only light at the end of the tunnel getting our place opened up.
Even after that there is going to be alot more frustration and hurdles.
Who can and can't do because you've been vaxxed and those not.
Thats going to be another battle to contend with for all.
How the decision makers and business implements this, the whole daily moves of our lives.
Talk about a curve ball - I always liked that saying "expect the unexpected !" Damn, this is alright.

edit : OK Russ.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
3 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2021, 02:41 PM   #12612
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry Russ, and anyone who has taken offence. Must be on lockdownnitist. Will attempt to be a bit more neutral.

Rides (past and present)

This user likes this post:
Old 22-07-2021, 02:52 PM   #12613
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Yeah sorry Russ, i've not spent much time in this thread but with this latest lockdown i guess ive A/ got more time on my hands as my work has again ceased for the time being and B/ im a little annoyed that we're being subject to this due to actions beyond our control.
As someone who's done their best to comply and even go beyond, it's just really frustrating.
4 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2021, 02:57 PM   #12614
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

I see that in excess of 900 people are now required to isolate for 14 days after attending the Prahran markets last Saturday.

Quote:
COVID-19 commander Jeroen Weimar said authorities had downloaded the QR code data for 900 people who attended the Prahran Market on Saturday morning and they need to go into isolation immediately, including those who did not use the check-in system.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
2 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2021, 02:58 PM   #12615
snap0964
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hope this makes someone smile . . .

Might qualify for Jobkeeper
Old 22-07-2021, 03:01 PM   #12616
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

At the rate Sydney’s exposure sites are snowballing, I’m honestly expecting to cop an isolation order sometime in the next fortnight.

If it happens, is it the right thing to put an A4 size notice on the gatepost, seriously? I’ve not seen any discussion of this.
Old 22-07-2021, 03:19 PM   #12617
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
At the rate Sydney’s exposure sites are snowballing, I’m honestly expecting to cop an isolation order sometime in the next fortnight.

If it happens, is it the right thing to put an A4 size notice on the gatepost, seriously? I’ve not seen any discussion of this.
An 'X' painted in blood over your front door is what i've read.
Old 22-07-2021, 05:22 PM   #12618
prydey
Rob

Assuming australia will eventually get on top of this pandemic (like every other pandemic in history, eventually it becomes history) I think they can then use a lot of the lessons learned to tackle other issues affecting the human race.

Clearly, the obesity problems can be tackled by telling everyone they aren't allowed to exercise or leave their house. Then suddenly, as we've seen countless times already, suddenly there is an urge for people to leave their house and exercise.

I've been watching the press conferences the last few days (in SA) and am astounded by the stupidity from the floor once they open up for questions. Many of these are just trying to get the premier or the chief of police or health to say specific phrases, so they can then use these phrases as a quote in their sensationalist articles.

Most of the directions are extremely simple to follow, if you have the mindset of trying to do the right thing. The over riding principle of restrictions and lock downs is to try to stop or minimise human movement and interaction. The virus can only move when people move. That is fact. Instead, nearly every question is trying to pick holes or find loopholes and ways that people can still go about their normal lives. It just doesn't sink in for some people. These folk are generally the ones who like to 'stick it to the man' but they're too stupid to realise they're actually the ones making it worse.

Thankfully for me, and us South Aussies, we have a much smaller population, with no real high density situations, and history has shown we are a fairly compliant bunch as well.
Old 22-07-2021, 06:00 PM   #12619
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
I've been watching the press conferences the last few days (in SA) and am astounded by the stupidity from the floor once they open up for questions. Many of these are just trying to get the premier or the chief of police or health to say specific phrases, so they can then use these phrases as a quote in their sensationalist articles.
Try listening to the ABC News 24 on the radio, the always do live crosses to any State or Federal press conference.

Then read what reporters have written. More than once I've thought 'hang on, they didn't exactly say that'
Old 22-07-2021, 06:05 PM   #12620
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post

Clearly, the obesity problems can be tackled by telling everyone they aren't allowed to exercise or leave their house. Then suddenly, as we've seen countless times already, suddenly there is an urge for people to leave their house and exercise.
I have to agree and have a slight chuckle to myself on this as well, for years now I've been doing my usual early morning runs (5-6am) 3-4 times a week and I run anywhere from 6 to 20k therefore out on the road/walkways anywhere between 30 mins to an Hr+ or so, and very rarely, and I mean rarely did I ever come across anyone out and about exercising on my runs, in actual fact the only people I would greet would be the elderly out collecting their papers etc from the corner shop. But ever since the lockdowns began last year, its like running in a Marathon for a major trophy, There's people out running everywhere.

As you say just keep putting us in Lockdowns to combat the obesity problem.
4 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2021, 06:15 PM   #12621
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Try listening to the ABC News 24 on the radio, the always do live crosses to any State or Federal press conference.

Then read what reporters have written. More than once I've thought 'hang on, they didn't exactly say that'
Agree. Rather than report the 'news' all too often it is just an excuse to incite the masses.

News.com.au really should change their domain name as not much on there qualifies as news any more.
Old 22-07-2021, 06:32 PM   #12622
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post

when was the last time you saw a male reporter on the ABC?

(vegan, tight pants male or other fringe group member does not apply)

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 22-07-2021, 06:43 PM   #12623
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post

I must admit that I've never seen a male reporter there.

Although as I listen to ABC News24 on the radio it might have something to do with it.
Old 22-07-2021, 08:39 PM   #12624
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
I see that in excess of 900 people are now required to isolate for 14 days after attending the Prahran markets last Saturday.
Ughhh heard those 900 have close to 8000 secondary contacts, who have to test and isolate? But if one of the 900 primary gets a negative, then their secondary get released. Can't imagine how one keeps track of all these combinations.

Rides (past and present)

Old 22-07-2021, 09:20 PM   #12625
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post

Quote:
An 'X' painted in blood over your front door is what i've read.
Moreover, they shall take some of the blood of a lamb and put it on the two doorposts and on the lintel of the houses and the covid will pass over thus sayith the book

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
7 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2021, 10:39 PM   #12626
Itsme
Experienced Member

Well I have had my two jabs of vaccine and now waiting for you guys and rest of Australia to catch up so we can move forward from these lockdowns.
PS: Since this topic got too political this will be my last post here so cheers.
4 users like this post:
Old 23-07-2021, 12:38 AM   #12627
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Starting my pfizer this sat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post

I'm currently eating vegan black beans because I can't be bothered going to the shop. My pants are tight because I've gained weight - which is why I'm not going to the shop.

But main reason for replying is because pre lockdown reports from sydney sometimes were from Ruby Cornish on ABC. Worth watching!
But seems to have gone because Sydney is all doom and gloom covid and nothing to see except gladys. I'm disappointed in Sydney and the ABC.
Old 23-07-2021, 04:35 AM   #12628
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Ute Muster is looking shaky IMO. :( Can easily foresee a number of states not allowing travel to a NSW event and back without either quarantine or some really stringent conditions.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-07-2021, 05:04 AM   #12629
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We have a couple of sites at Bathurst booked and paid form, it is looking shaky too

We have a holiday on Fraser Island in September, we are not worried about getting there as we will be traveling up the centre of NSW which you can currently, it is the worry of trying to get back into Victoria on the return leg
2 users like this post:
Old 23-07-2021, 05:26 AM   #12630
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
…We have a holiday on Fraser Island in September, we are not worried about getting there as we will be traveling up the centre of NSW which you can currently, it is the worry of trying to get back into Victoria on the return leg
Mt Isa, Alice Springs, Port Augusta - could be an epic return trip.
3 users like this post:
Closed Thread