Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-02-2012, 11:57 AM   #1291
capesy

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

welcome to the forum everyone, nice pictures aswel
capesy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #1292
lotusproject

Hi All,
Have just joined this forum and am looking forward to getting involved. I currently have a LV TDCI Focus (my wife's car which I like to drive) and am looking forward to taking delivery of an LW Sport sedan next week.
I have not owned a Ford since 1974 when I had a second hand low k's Phase 3 GTHO, which I fervently wish was still in my garage :-(
I have always seen cars as more than for getting from point A to B and am currently involved in building a space framed sports car based on Lotus Elise running gear.
Cheers
John
lotusproject is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #1293
Pedrotheswift
Starter Motor

Hi All. Just sayin howdy. Lookin forward to sharing info and ideas with y'all.
Pedrotheswift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #1294
Pedrotheswift
Starter Motor

Hi there , I'm Pedro. I have a 96 EL Fairmont Ghia. 140000 ks, stock except for Lukey extractors and full flow 2 1/2 system . Does anyone have any idea why my car is making unwanted downshifts? This seems to be a computer problem rather than mechanical as it is intermittent , of short duration and usually leaves no error code trail. The car also seems to have a low vacuum fault when I take it just above idle. Takes several seconds to return to idle state. Any clues would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Pedrotheswift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #1295
Acekong
Starter Motor

XR1.1.gif

XR2.2.gif

XR3.3.gifHi all been on this forum for a while now and it has been fantastic, recently bought my first brand new and first turbo FG xr. All the small mods i have done are thanks to this forum giving me the confidence to do them. My 2 year old girl loves the XR as much as i do and won't travel in it unless Venom rides along (see pics). I'm looking forward to posting more as i need help to stop my wife trying to make me trade for a SSV (because it plays DVD's) but ill get into that another time. Just wanted to say g'day and thank everyone involved in this place for the endless info and confidence boosting it must give all newbies including me to mod their cars.
Acekong is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #1296
WIPLSH

Hello everyone,

Im Nick i got a FG F6310 still standard but not for long now
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #1297
stevepapa74
Starter Motor

Hey to everyone
stevepapa74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #1298
hulkfocus

heyyyyy

Names Jimmy from adelaide

buying a focus in the next few months want an XR5 but may have to wait a couple of years til im 25 :p

see ya round the forums
hulkfocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #1299
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Welcome aboard guys! Enjoy the forum
Old 27-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #1300
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrotheswift
Hi there , I'm Pedro. I have a 96 EL Fairmont Ghia. 140000 ks, stock except for Lukey extractors and full flow 2 1/2 system . Does anyone have any idea why my car is making unwanted downshifts? This seems to be a computer problem rather than mechanical as it is intermittent , of short duration and usually leaves no error code trail. The car also seems to have a low vacuum fault when I take it just above idle. Takes several seconds to return to idle state. Any clues would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Might be a good idea to ask the question in the Contemporary area.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 11:52 PM   #1301
superbird408
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

gday all just a big hello to every1 out there. Great site guys

My name is Jerry and yes i am a FORD FREAK!!!
superbird408 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 02:30 AM   #1302
Blandy
Starter Motor

Hey all,
Am new here, was referred by a mate.
I have just ordered and am awaiting delivery on a "sunburst" FG MKII XR6 manual ute, Options I have ordered are leather sports seats and EGR 3 piece hard lid, am excited about getting it and getting involved in the meet and greets and looking forward to learning tips and know how, I have a question... With the FG MKII, are the lights good or would it pay to get HID's, I have a mate that can get good kits for a good price and I will be driving at night on narrow country roads.
Blandy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #1303
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Hi Blandy,

If you go into the Contemporary section and use the search function, you will see oodles of threads on what other members have done with their headlights and what their recommendations are

Personally I think if you are doing a lot of night driving, it may be a good thing to change them out

Cheers
Col
Old 28-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #1304
glynnj
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi everyone. You have a new member here in the form of a retiree resident Adelaide and appreciating the invaluable information available in the forum which enables me to contribute much towards general maintenance , servicing and repairs to my EL Fairmont sedan which has had a rather pampered life, not too heavy on kms and hopefully will see many years of reliable service yet. Look forward to a mutually beneficial association .

Cheers

Glynnj
glynnj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #1305
Fordf6er
Starter Motor

Default Hi Everyone

Thought I had better say hello seeing as I have been watching and reading all of the great information on this forum for the past 12 months.
Proud new owner of an F6, and having been to an FPV drive day at Sandown yesterday has got me a little excited.
The drive day is well worth the time if you get the opportunity to do one, its great.I hope this will be one of many posts in the furure.

Cheers Ash
Fordf6er is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #1306
grumpy32
Starter Motor

Gday everyone, I have been lurking for a while. Its time for my introduction.
I enjoy most things automotive, especially Fords (of all ages). I have had a few over the years. Currently I have a 08 Territory for a daily and a 1932 Ford Tudor (302 Clevor etc) for whenever I can. I have just commenced the tear down of my 1971 XY Fairmont which will be part resto part mod. I have so far enjoyed and found very interesting all the posts on this forum. Looking forward to more...

Regards
Glenn
grumpy32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 12:13 AM   #1307
Blandy
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Hi Blandy,

If you go into the Contemporary section and use the search function, you will see oodles of threads on what other members have done with their headlights and what their recommendations are

Personally I think if you are doing a lot of night driving, it may be a good thing to change them out

Cheers
Col
Will be sure to check the contemporary section out, and I was thinking same thing, cheers for your reply.

Last edited by Blandy; 29-02-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Blandy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 12:51 AM   #1308
lethalpplater

hello everybody.

im runnin a xh xr6 with a decent bit of go...
engine builders told me i need to forced induction before i can go faster but as p plates dont allow it. can any body help me with a way around it. cheeeers
Old 29-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #1309
dave84

Hey people whats up
Old 29-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #1310
EL Lupo
Starter Motor

Howzit y'all,
Figured I spent enough time surfing the forum anyway so I may as well join, here's my recently acquired EL Futura, pretty much stock at the moment, plan to carry out the usual basics as $$$ allow, (better tint, lower stance, replace those cheesy futura rims, exhaust) and a warmer cam at a later stage.
This is my 8th Falcon/fairmont/fairlane...

EL Lupo.JPG
Old 29-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #1311
headtorque1
Starter Motor

Hi ford lovers ! Have never joined a forum before. I am a engine reconditioner and have been in the trade for over 40years.I have working for the same companey in perth for nearly 15 years now .Still love the trade and have been involved with preformance cylinder head side of the business nearly full time for the past ten years .
headtorque1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #1312
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by headtorque1
Hi ford lovers ! Have never joined a forum before. I am a engine reconditioner and have been in the trade for over 40years.I have working for the same companey in perth for nearly 15 years now .Still love the trade and have been involved with preformance cylinder head side of the business nearly full time for the past ten years .
Welcome aboard - I'm sure your knowledge and experience will be of benefit to us all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy32
Gday everyone, I have been lurking for a while. Its time for my introduction.
I enjoy most things automotive, especially Fords (of all ages). I have had a few over the years. Currently I have a 08 Territory for a daily and a 1932 Ford Tudor (302 Clevor etc) for whenever I can. I have just commenced the tear down of my 1971 XY Fairmont which will be part resto part mod. I have so far enjoyed and found very interesting all the posts on this forum. Looking forward to more...

Regards
Glenn
Hi Glenn - look forward to seeing pics of the Tudor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethalpplater
hello everybody.

im runnin a xh xr6 with a decent bit of go...
engine builders told me i need to forced induction before i can go faster but as p plates dont allow it. can any body help me with a way around it. cheeeers
I'm sure a trawl through a few of the more adventurous threads here will provide some ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Lupo
Howzit y'all,
Figured I spent enough time surfing the forum anyway so I may as well join, here's my recently acquired EL Futura, pretty much stock at the moment, plan to carry out the usual basics as $$$ allow, (better tint, lower stance, replace those cheesy futura rims, exhaust) and a warmer cam at a later stage.
This is my 8th Falcon/fairmont/fairlane...

Attachment 72073
I have to say that I hated that colour when I first saw it all those years ago but it's actually aged well (or I've mellowed with age)!

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #1313
Steve Richter

G'Day all, Great to join with other like minded fans of the blue oval. This is a site the son in law uses and I like the useful practical dialogue.
Regards Steve.
Old 29-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #1314
rassa
Starter Motor

Newbie - out of pure desperation , trying to find myself an early 80's Bronco so figured i have to try somewhere and why not start here. if anyone can help!!!

Look forward to getting into the site as well
rassa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #1315
Steve Richter

Sorry dude can't help you there :(
Old 29-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #1316
NZFPVGT

Hi all, Very informative forums, Total Ford fan, Have a 1978 xc 500 and recently a 2004 BA GT #682, Both unmolested. look forward to meeting everyone.
Old 29-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #1317
neil10
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi All. Thanks for the welcome. I am a great follower of Fords and have been for all of my 40+yrs , cars I have had are GS XB 302 Auto basic but OK , GS XB Van 302 4speed Emeraled green full optioned from factory (wish I had keeped now knowing the history of them now) and a couple of XD S packs -1 auto 4.1 sed and 1 Spack 4.1 4 speed , presently just an old EF, good old bus . I am in the process of building a 1928/29 A model Ford Closed Cab pickup 351c C4 9inch 3.0 :1
Stainless steel 4 bar Front and Back Disc
Brakes Alround 195/50/15 front , 275/60/15 rear.
Total weight of vehicle around 1000kg

The 351c will be built as follows:
4mab crank ,malne flat tops +.020 , stock rodswith ARP bolts , ARP Main bolts , 351c Open chamber 2v heads 70cc ,tidy up behind valves and ports , ARP Head studs, crane pederstal roller rockers with guide plates and 5/16 Hardened push rods , Bosch Dist and MSD6AL Digital box 600 Holley , Howard Cam 230021- inlet .512 lift Exh .538 Duration @ .050 inlet 214 exh 224 - lobe centre 112 , Exh are block huggers -2 inch pipes into crossovers then into 2x 2.5inch flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers into 3 inch tail pipes.
Just a basic build but reliable : 1 . what will this engine be like in perfor
2 . what ign curve would you recommend

Thanks ,will talk again
cheers
neil10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #1318
jordy
Starter Motor

G'day everyone, I have a ba xr8 sedan blueprint in colour, been looking at this site for a while now and really like the way everyone helps each other out with tech problems and so on. Look forward to be a part of it.
jordy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #1319
edufy123
Starter Motor

Red face Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello fellow ford members. Just wondering if anyone in the Orange/Bathurst area or anyone who knows someone that can help me with some cars for my wedding in may the 19th 2012. Ive tried an ad in the local paper,

WANTED,
Looking for 3 cars, Ford Falcon FG G6E Turbo, F6 or FG GT or similar to use for wedding in May 2012. Call David for further details. 0407969684
Dont know where its best to post this, but ill start here.
Thanks to anyone who can help.
Thanks
David
edufy123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #1320
cardinal

Default Need help obtaining fairlane manual

Hello All,

I own a 1999 Fairlane AU ghia and need an owners / glovebox manual. Not the repair workshop book but the small booklet that you get in the glovebox that tells you what all the buttons on the dash do etc. Does anyone have one I could buy or download / copy please ? I can't seem to source one to buy online, only the workshop manuals. Out of curiosity do the workshop manuals contain this info anyway as I will buy one if I can't find the little book. My name is Rob and mobile number is 0415 664 821 I will ring you back so it doesn't cost you. I would very much appreciate any help. Thank you, Rob.