Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 12:01 PM   #14461
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
…Here's another prediction and if it proves right then it really gets my goat:

.. those people who have their 2nd dose time shortened will end up with priority for the boosters whenever they start rolling out simply because of the reduced efficacy while the rest of us poor sods who've done the full 12 weeks will be at the back of the queue again.
I would not be surprised either. No reward for staying the course.

Yesterday was the funeral of a friend’s niece who fell through the cracks in our national enthusiasm for Covid safety ahead of other health matters. Aged 36, one of eight or nine suicides per day throughout Australia, irrespective of the pandemic. Such a shame.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:02 PM   #14462
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

1400+ cases with 12 dead.

Getting worse not better.

Peak yet to come apparently

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 03-09-2021, 12:08 PM   #14463
zilo
BANNED

Looking forward to our first Covid case for over a year in tassie.

Our green mates who are obsessed with refugees have done a deal with the feds.

Instead of taking 150 Afghans we will be taking 150 British refugees...oops..."Aussies returning home"....great....

Really a bunch of dual nationals who have decided it's too hot over there and are invoking their backup nationality...all at our risk.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
This user likes this post:
Old 03-09-2021, 12:17 PM   #14464
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Hows this for ridiculous, have been booked in for 4 weeks for Pfizer, started a new job on Monday, arranged time off for the jab this morning.
Roll into clinic, oh you have a congenital heart disease we can't jab you until you've got a letter from cardiologist.
I'm like WTF why am I being asked this today and not in the last month where I could have arranged that.
I've just been through needing a cardiologist consent to get my passenger accreditation so I know our public system can't cater to me for 6 months and a private consult takes a month @ $500 as it requires an ECG too.
So they say I need to give consent myself and take the risk or wait and risk getting covid.

What an absolute cluster ****.
I'm going through this too. Gladys and crew say I will have no rights to participate in society without a double jab, but I have to wait on my cardiologist to tell me which one to get. Then I'll have to book in which will take however long.

I hope they give me the go ahead for pfizer.
I'm youngish, I don't want that AZ crap. Younger people have double the chance of dying from AZ than someone who is over 60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
There wouldnt be many countries allowing travel anyway, and to that point while Australia is not letting anyone in the other countries generally are snubbing us....madness!
I saw something a few months ago about what countries were allowing what. Many countries were allowing foreigners in as long as they have a negative test within 72 hours of arrival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
You can leave the country if you want, the same way you would have done it a hundred years ago. Get on a boat and **** off.

You don't have some constitutional right to travel by plane.
Nope. You can apply for an exemption but good luck with that. Considering the cluster with exemptions for state boarders I can't see them granting many exemptions for international travel.

Last edited by Ben73; 03-09-2021 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:25 PM   #14465
slowsnake
Banned

Went to see my GP here in Perth on my fortnightly visit, I am on an opioid contract for all my spinal issues, not a big dose, but takes the sharpness away when I move my neck.

Went to my usual 777 pharmacy, it was 7:45am, so said I would wait, had chit chat about Covid-19 etc, he said I can do you a Covid-19 shot right now!
I said Pfizer, he said Astra Zeneca because of my age!
I said anyone can walk in here now and get the AZ shot, he said yes!

I said I see my oncologist on Friday ( today ) to discuss my chemotherapy protocol, will it affect my chemo treatment?
He said ask the oncologist first, I intend to do that when I see him at noon today, so if I had a shot on Wednesday then I would have the second shot during my chemo ( if I decide to have chemo ) which is 4 infusions every 3 weeks of 4 hours duration, so 4 x 3 = 12 weeks!
Sounds dodgy to me, filling me up with bloody chemicals then AZ on top, like a Cherry on a cake, what a mix!

It's a worry

Cheers 14X

Last edited by slowsnake; 03-09-2021 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Misspelt
6 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2021, 12:27 PM   #14466
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Hows this for ridiculous, have been booked in for 4 weeks for Pfizer, started a new job on Monday, arranged time off for the jab this morning.
Roll into clinic, oh you have a congenital heart disease we can't jab you until you've got a letter from cardiologist.
I'm like WTF why am I being asked this today and not in the last month where I could have arranged that.
I've just been through needing a cardiologist consent to get my passenger accreditation so I know our public system can't cater to me for 6 months and a private consult takes a month @ $500 as it requires an ECG too.
So they say I need to give consent myself and take the risk or wait and risk getting covid.

What an absolute cluster ****.
Must be different rules for different States. My wife had open heart surgery a few years ago and had her first AntiZobiie jab 4 weeks ago at our family Dr, but nothing was mentioned about heart problems.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:51 PM   #14467
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post

Instead of taking 150 Afghans we will be taking 150 British refugees...oops..."Aussies returning home"....great....

Really a bunch of dual nationals who have decided it's too hot over there and are invoking their backup nationality...all at our risk.
Aren't you also taking a big chunk of Vic's hotel quarantine so that we can free up capacity for overseas fruit pickers?

In return we give you AFL finals. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2021, 12:59 PM   #14468
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT September 2nd 2021.

Note
: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,466 new cases for Australia and 7 deaths so the CMR is 1.802%. That's another record daily case high but it will be surpassed today.

52 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.703%.

The UK had a higher 37,830 cases yesterday and lower 178 deaths for a CMR of 1.937%.

A lower 189,158 new cases in the USA yesterday and higher 2,811 deaths sees CMR at 1.639%.

Other notable points:

Global deaths pass 4.55M, the last 50k in 6 days;
North America passes 1M deaths;

Grenada (153);
Australia (1,469); and
Mongolia (3,805)

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Cabo Verde moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while Nigeria drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 03-09-2021, 01:06 PM   #14469
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Must be different rules for different States. My wife had open heart surgery a few years ago and had her first AntiZobiie jab 4 weeks ago at our family Dr, but nothing was mentioned about heart problems.
Could the difference be because your wife's doctor already knows your wife's medical history wrt the heart condition, as opposed to Bent's experience where the clinic would not have known his history, and therefore they played the cautious card?

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
5 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2021, 01:10 PM   #14470
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

NSW/VIC
NSW records another new high with 1,432 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.0731 (from 1.0542) while the actual line is now slightly above the predictive trend line.

VIC records 208 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.1964 (from 1.1501) while the actual line remains well above the predictive trend line.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 03-09-2021, 01:23 PM   #14471
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

I'm not asking you to do this, Russ, coz I recognise the effort you're already putting into the modelling, but what would be interesting to track is the impact that the daily numbers are having on that predictive model.

For example, on the chart you posted on Wednesday for Vic, on day 60 the predictive model indicated roughly 180 cases, whereas on today's graph the model is predicting approximately 275 cases on day 60.

That's a pretty large increase in predicted cases over a short period of actual data.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2021, 01:26 PM   #14472
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

IIJM or does anyone else think the Victorian graph looks like Nessie?
Old 03-09-2021, 01:27 PM   #14473
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2 new cases here , all as a result of the day 13 testing happening over the last couple of days - bloody good news

Vict Gvmt is going to upset the anti-vaxxers big time

They are going to trial letting vaccinated people do stuff anti-vaxxers (or reluctant vaxxers) can't do. From what I heard it is just a trial for when we hit 80% double dose

Go for it, bloody great idea - why should the vaccinated be held to ransom by the anti-vaxxers or the reluctant vaxxers
4 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2021, 01:27 PM   #14474
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Could the difference be because your wife's doctor already knows your wife's medical history wrt the heart condition, as opposed to Bent's experience where the clinic would not have known his history, and therefore they played the cautious card?
I'd say that is the case.
Here we can go on hotdoc.com.au and find a list of GPs doing pfizer and make a booking with a GP instead.
Also by the end of the month pharmacies should be getting moderna.
Moderna only going to pharmacies and maybe GPs, not state mass vaxx clinics)

Need to look around at other options than state clinics if you have medical concerns.
Old 03-09-2021, 01:39 PM   #14475
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
2 new cases here , all as a result of the day 13 testing happening over the last couple of days - bloody good news

They are going to trial letting vaccinated people do stuff anti-vaxxers (or reluctant vaxxers) can't do. From what I heard it is just a trial for when we hit 80% double dose

Go for it, bloody great idea - why should the vaccinated be held to ransom by the anti-vaxxers or the reluctant vaxxers

Just Vic Gov? Isn't Vic Gov, SA Gov and Tas Gov collectively being tasked to come up with some sort of package to determine what freedoms will look like going forward for the whole country? Pretty sure I heard something along those lines.....how those 3 states were picked to come up with the scheme for everyone else is interesting.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

2 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2021, 01:41 PM   #14476
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
I'm not asking you to do this, Russ, coz I recognise the effort you're already putting into the modelling, but what would be interesting to track is the impact that the daily numbers are having on that predictive model.

For example, on the chart you posted on Wednesday for Vic, on day 60 the predictive model indicated roughly 180 cases, whereas on today's graph the model is predicting approximately 275 cases on day 60.

That's a pretty large increase in predicted cases over a short period of actual data.
Yes I had been thinking about that but it's probably a little hard to monitor although I could always re-post the predictive graph from a week earlier to show that impact.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2021, 01:54 PM   #14477
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
A lot depends on how you have your personal health care set up, I have a cardiologist as well as my GP, my Cardiologist and GP's records are linked, everything my Cardiologist knows about me is shared with my GP and vice versa.

When i went down the track of applying for vaccination the only one i had to see was my GP as he has access to ALL my medical history from anyone in the medical profession I use, so just a normal consult.

What seems strange to me though is when applying for the jab here in QLD, as soon as I applied I was sent an email/sms with a link to an online questionnaire that asks you ALL the relevant medical questions affecting the vaccination, this was like a month before my jab so had plenty of time getting the info if needed, as it was I had already seen my GP as recommended before applying.

When i rolled up for the jab they gave me the exact same questionnaire (in hardcopy) that I had filled in online and was to fill it in before getting the jab, I mentioned I had completed the same questionnaire online and was told it was an extra layer of security in case I had missed anything.

Obviously very different in SA....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe

Last edited by DJR-351; 03-09-2021 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:08 PM   #14478
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Epidemiologist says anti-lockdown protests could have contributed to COVID spread in Melbourne
Epidemiologist Catherine Bennett said protests in Melbourne's CBD two weeks ago, attended by thousands of people, could be contributing to the increase in COVID cases.

She said there was the same pattern with cases increasing two weeks after another protest in Melbourne's CBD in early August.

"To see the same pattern twice does suggest that it could be a contributing factor and it's something we need to be mindful of and at this stage the virus is unforgiving," she said.

She said it could be that just one or two people became infected at the protest.

Given many protesters don't believe coronavirus spread needs to be stopped, they would be more likely not to get tested for the virus, she said.

Ms Bennett said over two weeks, three to four generations of the virus could take place, some of it unbeknownst to contact tracers.

"That's what happens — you just wind up with less cases being identified, or a run of a few cases, and those subsequent chains of transmission can add a few more people in each time until you get a serious number of case rises."

Will we see another rise two from yesterday when some Meblournites decided it was good beach weather?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2021, 03:29 PM   #14479
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Expect covid to arrive in WA.
Now that the sport-addicted are salivating at the prospect of men chasing a ball for some horrible and pointless reason it will mean lots of border breaches.
Although the AFL need only send the players and a couple of coaches there’ll be hundreds of allegedly essential personnel, and Richie Rich will fly his plane into his mate’s pastoral station so he can attend the match(es) too.
Oh wonderful.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:39 PM   #14480
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Go back under Ness!

(By the way, Does anybody else have trouble quoting Citroenbenders posts? I quote others without an issue but when I hit Quote on CBs post I am left with a blank window to respond in)
Old 03-09-2021, 03:40 PM   #14481
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedcoupe View Post
Expect covid to arrive in WA.
Now that the sport-addicted are salivating at the prospect of men chasing a ball for some horrible and pointless reason it will mean lots of border breaches.
Although the AFL need only send the players and a couple of coaches there’ll be hundreds of allegedly essential personnel, and Richie Rich will fly his plane into his mate’s pastoral station so he can attend the match(es) too.
Oh wonderful.
Organised events with focused covid safe procedures have proven to be pretty safe. QLD managed the GF last year. Vic managed the Aust Open, and controls to contain overseas arrivals cases worked. I'm sure WA will be able to manage it.

Seems like they are being pretty anal about who can go... player's wifes and family are not exempted...and neither is Eddie Mcguire *sob sob* Rumour is he tried to sneak his son into the "essential" worker permit and got caught out.

Rides (past and present)

2 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2021, 03:42 PM   #14482
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah but selfish muppets will be bushbashing in droves to get in.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:48 PM   #14483
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Staying right on the border (20ks into NT) of NT/SA on the night that SA went into Lockdown, it was bizarre watching packs of 4WDs fill the campground. Roadhouse did some good business during that 24hours. Felt like an evacuation camp or something
Old 03-09-2021, 03:53 PM   #14484
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8
(By the way, Does anybody else have trouble quoting Citroenbenders posts? I quote others without an issue but when I hit Quote on CBs post I am left with a blank window to respond in)

Nup, no probs here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2021, 04:00 PM   #14485
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Anyone else noticing lock down enforcement fatigue? Cops seem just as over it as joe public. Last night, at a set of lights, a middle to old aged couple cross the lights in front of a cop car. Carrying groceries, no one else around them, but they weren't wearing masks. Cops didn't batter an eye lid. Beaches were packed and you had no riot squads.
The average copper won't bother unless directed by their superiors for special occasions or unless you get a wannabe hero type who is out to make a name for themself.
Old 03-09-2021, 04:02 PM   #14486
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post

Oh well suck it up, you lot have a had a good run over there in Tassie; about time you lot pulled your weight and did your bit for the covid cause!
3 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2021, 04:07 PM   #14487
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post

Don't think it will really matter as the anti vaxxers will fall in with the minority who cannot be vaxxed for what ever reason and yes they will be big losers when it comes time for travelling or any event attendances.
Old 03-09-2021, 04:09 PM   #14488
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
All good here.
Old 03-09-2021, 07:19 PM   #14489
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Quote:

i just posted to try

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 03-09-2021, 08:05 PM   #14490
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
No surprises, typical system that doesn't work as it should.

What did you do in the end, if you are OK to share? I'm not sure what I'd do in that situation other than crack the ****s.
Sorry for the late reply, so I was ropeable and escalated it ti the most senior parson in attendance. They said you can have it, we won't turn you away but I needed to sign a waiver to say I was informed and declined.
I then had a brief phone discussion with a GP, he was non committal and said its a question for a cardiologist.
So I contacted SA Heart who handle my condition, unfortunately the Dr couldn't speak with me as he was on the ward but the receptionist was quite concerned as they'd had no correspondence from SA Health on the matter and was concerned with how this would effect them.
She actually apologised for me being 'the guinaepig and asked where I was so she could make contact with the covid clinic and clarify.

I declined the shot so they gave me a clearance to walk in any time without a booking after I've spoken to the cardiologist, I have a phone consult with him on Thursday.

This is what I took from the almost cryptic messages I got in the clinic.
SA Health are aware that Pfizer is causing serious issues with people with certain conditions, 3 weeks ago they added a separate set of 5 questions to the pre jab check list, my Wife confirmed this as on reflection the questionnaire at her first jab a month ago was different to her 2nd jab last week.

They basically said due to the fear from the AZ debacle they don't want the same thing happening again.
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread