Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-01-2008, 01:05 PM   #121
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casablanca
well, if that kid lived anywhere near me i'd do the same for him it's just i don't have the money to go down to where he is to scare the idiot that ripped him off as well. because i'll do it for anyone i find it a lot of fun theres no one hurt in the whole thing just watching his face when he see's the photo's is gold it's like funniest home videos. watch as he opens the letter and OMG it's himself quick run inside before someone else takes another photo... rofl.

gets me every time.
So you get off of a serious assault charge for punching crap outta the guy who hit your uncles Fairlane, and now you want to take care of this fella....

A tad aggressive dont you think?????

U sure the other guy hit u first, i know you had a witness but hey, reading some of your posts i'm sure you culd be very persuasive.....
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 01:22 PM   #122
curtleyw
Goodbye stock AU

Quote:
ok hands up who will come with me to get this guy on sunday? i just want to scare him not to actually do any damage unless he starts it and look really close to the commy so he gets really worried. give me his phone number and i'll call him while we are outside and tell him what needs to happen.
I don't see any agression there. Unfortunately I'm the type of guy who hates confrontation, and that's why I have been doing what I've been doing which isn't that much. Good on Casablanca for actually considering going and talking to this guy.
This is how I see it: Say if you bought something off ebay and they lived close by (an hour or two) and it got sent to you not as what it was advertised. Wouldn't you go and confront the dude?
I'm not trying to flame anyone here but I think we need to stop taking shots at each other and work out how we are gonna get this dudes money back! :sm_headba
Old 11-01-2008, 01:30 PM   #123
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

The OP should take him to small claims court.
He has enough evidence to support his case and the seller has admitted to his wrong doing so to avoid any hassles with the law why not do it lagally....atleast thats what the guy with the BA was advised.

I'm not trying to stir but honestly i think some people forget what they write from one day to the next....consistency people, thats all!
Old 11-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #124
JC260

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
There's no justice like vigilante justice...

/Channel 7 News

"A man was beaten to death with a Cleveland camshaft outside his Toowoomba home today. Upon autopsy, forensics were at a loss to explain several 9" differentials in various body cavities. 32 Fords of various ages and state of repair were seen fleeing the seen. Police investigations are continuing."
ROFLMAO

thats gold!

my 2c, i havn't seen a serious threat to this guy by anyone on this forum. IMO there is nothing wrong with paying a visit to the guy asking for the money back.
No-one has said they're going to go round and beat the guy senseless or threatened to kill him, (although the diff drive-by on to the front of the commo does sound like fun :evil3: ). So i don't understand why some people are calling others "losers".

I hope you get the cash back and its fantastic that you've got the support from everyone here. Including me.

THE LAST-BA XR8|BLUEPRINT|5 SPEED|19"ROH VAPOUR'S|BPR CAI|KINGS SL & SSL|DBA SLOTTED|DJR BOBTAIL|LEATHER|

THE NEW-FAMILY SPEC ZD ESCAPE...
JC260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #125
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Im liking this thread a lot. I'll be watching this with keen interest.

Makes ya feel all queezy inside thinking this guy could be getting his just desserts. :hihi:

Please keep the updates happening

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #126
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
The OP should take him to small claims court.
He has enough evidence to support his case and the seller has admitted to his wrong doing so to avoid any hassles with the law why not do it lagally....atleast thats what the guy with the BA was advised.

I'm not trying to stir but honestly i think some people forget what they write from one day to the next....consistency people, thats all!
Agree with you 100%.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 02:21 PM   #127
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

great thread, good fun! but its becoming harassment mate, just be careful
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 02:30 PM   #128
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

when you all rock around will it be like this?

Or like this?

ouch
Old 11-01-2008, 03:07 PM   #129
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

The problem with courts IMHO is that even if you were to win the case, all the other guy has to do is say he cant afford to pay more than $5 a week, and XA500 will have to wait 120 weeks to get his money back. Then if the bum decides to play funny buggers he could "forget" to pay one month disappear and XA500 will have to try and take him back to court again all at his expense.

Thats a headache I would want to avoid if I was in XA500's shoes.

My mate had this issue with some bum he had to get money out of even though my mate won the case, the bum pleaded he was too poor to pay the total amount up front, the judge awarded the bum to pay $5 a week for total $7000 amount owing to my mate. The bum also played bunny fuggers with me mate by not paying for a month too causing my mate all sorts of grief getting him back to court and fighting it.

But in saying all this, I dont know what the legal/uncostly alternative would be.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 11-01-2008, 03:28 PM   #130
Casablanca
carburettor

ok guys to clarify.

i am not an agressive person.

yes i had someone hit my uncles fairlane and got pretty aggro.

yes it probably looks like im getting aggro now which is not true.

this is all in good fun all i meant was to have some fun and scare the idiot who trieed to rip someone off.

i think it has been decided that we should just take some pics send them to him and then watch his face. i think it would be funny to see as i think most people would think this is hilarious.

anyways it might turn out to be a good thing this thread gets closed as certain posts are getting a little out of hand plus im enjoying these ideads way too much :

anyways this is only happening for me anyway if i can get away on sunday as it is.

who doesn't think that this guy deserves what we are thinking to do to him.

we aren't doing anything illegal so if anyone doesn't like it PM me and i'll try and sort it out otherwise im just going to think you just wanna have a cyber argument and then it'll turn into who can be the biggest keyboard warrior.

just trying to do a favour for a bloke that got routed and it's only a bit of fun i'm over this argument lets just move on.
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Being cornered by a 17 year old bogan with 2 kids and no teeth telling you how much she loves HSV's..... Priceless
Casablanca is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #131
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You have to be very careful what you write on a forum it can be used as evidence, If your going to go to pay someone a visit be careful as well .
About 15 years agoa house that was lived in by outlaw bikers, I cant remember what gang it was may have been rebels but not sure had shirts stolen with their logos on.
They saw the aboriginal neighbours kids wearing their shirts a number of bikers confronted them and an aboriginal adult shot one of the bikers with a 22 rifle and killed him .
I dont think the bikers could retaliate beacause the media and police arrived on the scene very quickly.
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 03:40 PM   #132
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i was just say be careful with what you say, even though this is all in good fun, its just text and things can be interpreted differently from what you meant.. unless you use EMOTICONS!!.. they rule :P
Old 11-01-2008, 04:00 PM   #133
blackwolf3060

Mate hope this gets sorted out for ya...it would be a classic to see this rats face wen he sees a platoon of modified Fords hanging the front of his house, funny how the threat of scaring people and stake outs is bringing the ford forums family alot closer...gotta love good old aussie mateship!!! :
blackwolf3060 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 04:16 PM   #134
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
ok guys to clarify.

i am not an agressive person.

yes i had someone hit my uncles fairlane and got pretty aggro.

yes it probably looks like im getting aggro now which is not true.

this is all in good fun all i meant was to have some fun and scare the idiot who trieed to rip someone off.

i think it has been decided that we should just take some pics send them to him and then watch his face. i think it would be funny to see as i think most people would think this is hilarious.

anyways it might turn out to be a good thing this thread gets closed as certain posts are getting a little out of hand plus im enjoying these ideads way too much :

anyways this is only happening for me anyway if i can get away on sunday as it is.

who doesn't think that this guy deserves what we are thinking to do to him.

we aren't doing anything illegal so if anyone doesn't like it PM me and i'll try and sort it out otherwise im just going to think you just wanna have a cyber argument and then it'll turn into who can be the biggest keyboard warrior.

just trying to do a favour for a bloke that got routed and it's only a bit of fun i'm over this argument lets just move on.
Mate its all good, i'm not trying to stir you up, i'm just pointing out how a relatively inexpensive hassle as with this diff problem has become much more important than a kid who's lost his car and will still have to fork out $10+k with interest.
It just seems ironic really that were all getting worked up in one thread and the moral police are governing the other.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:21 PM   #135
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Frankly speaking, I would give my arm and leg to be a fly on his wall when he gets a picture in the mail saying that he's being watched! :hihi:

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 11-01-2008, 04:27 PM   #136
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
Frankly speaking, I would give my arm and leg to be a fly on his wall when he gets a picture in the mail saying that he's being watched! :hihi:
As would i but it's just as humourous reading two conflicting ideals of what is good advice.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:47 PM   #137
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
As would i but it's just as humourous reading two conflicting ideals of what is good advice.
yes true. Im all for the 'covert' method.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 11-01-2008, 05:02 PM   #138
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

So have we heard on what the outcome is? or any updates?
Im really interested in whats gonna happen next....its like....waiting for the next chapter haha
tell us how it goes....or an update

I got dodged on ebay, brought a laptop from ebay that was in sydney (proper shop, powerseller), got it, wasn't brand new like it said, wasn't sealed properly, headphone jacks don't work, and there was no identification stickers onthe laptop at all (which all shoudl have),...
I dunno what to do:S, i contacted ebay but it seems asthough they don't want to help me,
called the poliice, they dun wanna know about it either:S...

- Ash
3:4:5 LSD diff
JMM Extractors
2.5" Stainless Steel highflow cat
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors
Lowered on Pedders Sports Ryders
....and a cherry scented airfreshner

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.
Hybrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 05:41 PM   #139
nickd
Passionate Ford XD XE nut

Im going to refresh the page and ask if there have been any updates as I cant be bothered laughing throughout the thread about how we will do this how will could do that, sorry guys but it is a public forum and kids do read this aswell which concerns me most of all.
Now....
Like I said any news from the individual who sold the item to one of our family boys here on the forum?
nickd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #140
XA5800
I'd rather be blown

Talking Thanks Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
The problem with courts IMHO is that even if you were to win the case, all the other guy has to do is say he cant afford to pay more than $5 a week, and XA500 will have to wait 120 weeks to get his money back. Then if the bum decides to play funny buggers he could "forget" to pay one month disappear and XA500 will have to try and take him back to court again all at his expense.

Thats a headache I would want to avoid if I was in XA500's shoes.

My mate had this issue with some bum he had to get money out of even though my mate won the case, the bum pleaded he was too poor to pay the total amount up front, the judge awarded the bum to pay $5 a week for total $7000 amount owing to my mate. The bum also played bunny fuggers with me mate by not paying for a month too causing my mate all sorts of grief getting him back to court and fighting it.

But in saying all this, I dont know what the legal/uncostly alternative would be.

Today I decided to lodge my claim with the court even though he has agreed to pay me in 8 weeks.

I can just see the excuse now , my brothers , sisters daughter needed an operation , so here is 5 bucks. :Up_to_som

This way I will get a legal ruling & it will be one final payment only , no drip feed. :

I want to say thanks to everyone that has offered support & some of the ideas may be a little wild but. Hey It makes you feel a hole let better knowing other people have your back.

When I received the diff & he didn't answer his phone he was real lucky he lived on the other side of the country if you know what I mean & I have mellowed a lot now I'M OLDER, but I was really P$&sed

He did suggest I resell it on ebay. : :

I still don't think It's bad idea for me to tell him some one will be around to collect.

Now I would not suggest anyone put photo's in his letter box ( that may be out side the law) But I think It would be very effective. :evil3:
Do remember this guy does have my address so please be discreet.

But hey a photo would make him think twice :evil3:

Cheerrs & Thanks
XA5800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 09:11 PM   #141
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA5800
Today I decided to lodge my claim with the court even though he has agreed to pay me in 8 weeks.

I can just see the excuse now , my brothers , sisters daughter needed an operation , so here is 5 bucks. :Up_to_som

This way I will get a legal ruling & it will be one final payment only , no drip feed. :

I want to say thanks to everyone that has offered support & some of the ideas may be a little wild but. Hey It makes you feel a hole let better knowing other people have your back.

When I received the diff & he didn't answer his phone he was real lucky he lived on the other side of the country if you know what I mean & I have mellowed a lot now I'M OLDER, but I was really P$&sed

I still don't think It's bad idea for me to tell him some one will be around to collect.

Now I would not suggest anyone put photo's in his letter box ( that may be out side the law) But I think It would be very effective. :evil3:

Cheerrs & Thanks
Well in honour of your requests, I wont fly over and give him hell.

But I do hope you get your cash back. No one be it a member of this forum or not should be at the receiving end of fraud or anything of that nature. people who do such things to others are plain and utter scum of the earth.

But should you need help, I beleive you will have the support of some members here.

All the best, and keep us informed of the latest.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 11-01-2008, 09:58 PM   #142
nickd
Passionate Ford XD XE nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA5800

Cheerrs & Thanks

Mate

Thanks for your reply, I wish you all success with your claim and you have done it in a professional manner as I know I would done the same if they lived closer to me aswell.
All the best and goodluck forum brother.

Nick
nickd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post