Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 30-09-2021, 10:16 PM   #15481
Metdevil

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
My nurse also made a point to say that half of whats in the needle is saline.
Im sure "half" is not actually half but it did make me wonder why she said anything
That's correct. Not sure about the others, but Pfizer's vaccine comes in a vial containing 0.45ml of vaccine diluted with 1.8ml of saline solution, and that makes 6 doses of 0.3ml each (for those of you playing at home, yes that doesn't add up, that's to allow room for error. Better to have a dosage of more than 0.3ml than less. Also to allow for dead space within the syringe).

So yes, the vaccine is actually 75% saline.

Last edited by Metdevil; 30-09-2021 at 10:21 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 30-09-2021, 10:19 PM   #15482
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
If it was Ebola then we would have a problem, but its not Ebola, no where near it, so a few people die from covid, is it really that big a deal, really that big a problem?
Cheers BillyP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rzao52ndNA

Last edited by russellw; 01-10-2021 at 10:06 AM.
Old 30-09-2021, 11:12 PM   #15483
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
If it was Ebola then we would have a problem, but its not Ebola, no where near it, so a few people die from covid, is it really that big a deal, really that big a problem?
You volunteering to give up your seat and shuffle off to the morgue?

...away you go then, see you later.

My missus is an organ donor recipient and she's immunosuppressed as a result.

Yeah she's in her 50s and yeah she's double-vaccinated.

Covid will still give her a hard time if she catches it, but at least it won't be the 1:5 chance of dying she was told prior to getting the vaccinations.

Any of you guy want to play Russian Roulette, keeping in mind 1:5 is worse odds? How about your wife/mother/grandparent, they up for a spin?

It's a big deal to her if she dies of COVID that she catches from some idiot that is too scared of a jab. It's a big deal to me, it's a big deal to her kids and it's a big deal to her grandchildren.

She works in aged care. Let's say she gets COVID from some ignorant twat numpty but as she's been vaccinated she doesn't think it's COVID as it's just a sniffle and she is responsible for spreading COVID within her facility. People will die, most of the residents have been vaccinated twice but they get new ones in to replace those who pass of old age. When you get old and frail it doesn't take much to tip you over the edge BUT IT STILL DOESN'T MEAN IT GIVES US THE RIGHT TO MAKE IT SOONER THAN LATER.

Strangely as she's human, and not like some of you other 'open at all costs and who gives a fecking rat's if a few old people die' people she cares about the people in her care and this would break her. I don't want her broken, she is getting over cancer (thanks to long-term immunosuppressant use) and she does not need that in her life.

The more people that run around unvaccinated the more chance this virus has to mutate again and again and more people will die. At some point whatever vaccines we have are not going to be very useful and so this immunisation strategy will need to become like the yearly fluvax. What happens when a new mutation starts killing kids? How's that Russian Roulette looking...anyone???

Yeah it'll probably be the frail, the old, the very sick and those with compromised immune systems...but this is ok right, as long as you can go play golf and go to the footy/cricket/pub. They're expendable right, the old bastards that soak up all the aged care funding and whinge about all those young whipper snappers...

...the same people that have fought for this country, the ones that have paid taxes all their lives and now are past their 'Use By' date.

You don't like it, tell you what why don't you and a few thousand of your mates go protest without masks and spread it further. Why not have a party or six and spread it again and again. Tell you what why not think your religion is 'special' and the rules don't apply to you and you holy times are yours to do with as you damn well feel like it...

...and THEN you bleat that your locked down and lockdowns don't work and somehow it's the person in charge's fault that these lockdowns go on for ever.

These are the facts:

1. People are stupid.
2. People are selfish.
3. People are quite blase about other people's lives as long as they are ok.

Last edited by PG2; 01-10-2021 at 02:24 AM.
Old 01-10-2021, 12:37 AM   #15484
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metdevil View Post
We really need to get away from the "Deaths per Day" statistic for how we cope with Covid and start thinking about it from the perspective of "Impact on Healthcare Services".

Sure, 80 deaths per day doesn't sound like much when you compare it to the ~400 per day who die anyway without Covid, but how many of those ~400 require weeks on end in hospital ICUs and HDUs?

Covid is a very slow, drawn-out death, involving weeks in High-Dependency Units, and all of those ~80 deaths per day will go through the same 'Seven Stages of Severe Covid'. That means that if you're expecting to live with ~80 deaths per day, you're expecting a workload of ~560 patients in HDU beds per week, and that's simply not a sustainable model for Healthcare Infrastructure.
It will not take long to over-run HDU capacity and then anyone else without Covid symptoms have a slim chance of nabbing an HDU bed.

Heart attacks, strokes, car accidents, cancer patients, everyone else will become directly impacted by those '80 deaths per day'.

This is why I think it's incredibly myopic to reduce the impact of Covid to a simplified 'deaths per day' statistic, because that's not all that this comes down to.
A very logical post, unfortunately logic doesn't cut it with a bunch of frustrated people locked down who don't give a **** about anyone but themselves.
Give them a few years until they or someone close to them develops comorbidities and they'll be begging for someone to keep Covid away from them.
3 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2021, 12:52 AM   #15485
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmick View Post
You volunteering to give up your seat and shuffle off to the morgue?
Well that was an unwarranted rant. Guess you needed to say it to somebody, but accusing one other old guy as the bogeyman responsible for all your own personal concerns, lockdown breaches etc is unnecessary.

Get it off your chest in a general way, but don't go ranting on some other old guy here, blaming them for everything.

BTW, previously I would volunteer. I'd be a goner in one way or another anyway. But Australia did good keeping it out, then a vaccine, so now I'm hanging around to see what's next and hang crap on the antivaxxers and covid deniers, ie as you point out, the stupid.

E: Don't take slowsnake posts too personal, he's an old guy going through operations and probably on some strong meds and painkillers. He did mention oxy before. Probably like me having a hard life killing brain cells before too ;-)

Last edited by oldel; 01-10-2021 at 01:03 AM.
5 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2021, 01:21 AM   #15486
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldel View Post
Well that was an unwarranted rant. Guess you needed to say it to somebody, but accusing one other old guy as the bogeyman responsible for all your own personal concerns, lockdown breaches etc is unnecessary.

Get it off your chest in a general way, but don't go ranting on some other old guy here, blaming them for everything.

BTW, previously I would volunteer. I'd be a goner in one way or another anyway. But Australia did good keeping it out, then a vaccine, so now I'm hanging around to see what's next and hang crap on the antivaxxers and covid deniers, ie as you point out, the stupid.

E: Don't take slowsnake posts too personal, he's an old guy going through operations and probably on some strong meds and painkillers. He did mention oxy before. Probably like me having a hard life killing brain cells before too ;-)
When somebody says something like "Is that really a big deal, really a problem?" on the topic of people literally dying, I'm not really surprised that they get a response like that in kind...
6 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2021, 02:07 AM   #15487
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metdevil View Post
When somebody says something like "Is that really a big deal, really a problem?" on the topic of people literally dying, I'm not really surprised that they get a response like that in kind...
I get that. Pottery beige's reply summed it up the best. But ss isn't the things he got accused of, ie a young guy in melbourne protesting or having GF parties in lockdown. He's an old guy in poor health likely to feature early in the statistics when covid gets in Perth if I'm being honest (so now he'll hate me along with you guys LOL - don't care, I'm not here for a long time just long enough to watch covidiots ).

I read his post in a tone of resignation, ie him saying it could be worse, time to move on. Well, that was the gist of it, the rest of it was a rant, mostly about not enough spent on health because he knows it doesn't bode well for him.

My take was it was just in response to previous posts about death rates and it could be worse, and not enough spent on hospitals.

Last edited by oldel; 01-10-2021 at 02:14 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2021, 08:26 AM   #15488
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Nothing betterer of a morning than to read an exchange of opinions and ideas to enable me to go forth and enjoy my day.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:29 AM   #15489
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wonder if people would respond differently if covid didn't eat your lungs unseen, but instead gave you less deadly but more visible symptoms, like warts on your face with puss leaking out.

Would we still have people against the vaccine and rioters against restrictions.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2021, 10:03 AM   #15490
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
Nothing betterer of a morning than to read an exchange of opinions and ideas to enable me to go forth and enjoy my day.
We’ll that was an interesting start to todays’ Covid thread !
3 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2021, 10:06 AM   #15491
tweeked
N/A all the way

I got a text message from Vic Dept Health yesterday morning. I was a Tier 2 due to going to the local Woolies in Keysborough Sth on Saturday morning. Went straight down to get tested, all pretty smooth except had to have the exposure site manually added as it wasn't coming up on the nurses IPad. No worries, I was pretty quick getting down there. On a plus side, negative result came through in about 16hrs, so that is good service.

Come this morning it is still not listed as an exposure site on the Vic DHHS site. Meanwhile Woolworths have it listed with detailed information including times on their own website.

Cant see why DHHS are so far behind when it is already in their system. I suppose people who don't check in will rarely check exposure sites, but not really good enough.

3 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2021, 10:14 AM   #15492
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Darn, I missed all the 'fun'.

In other news, interesting to see that supply issues are no longer considered to be the constraint on vaccination rates in the country; it is now how many people are turning up.

Campaign to vaccinate Australia has reached 'inflection point'
From today, Australians aged over 12 will be eligible for either a Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, a move aimed at getting the estimated 300,000 people aged over 60 years — who had been waiting for an mRNA shot — vaccinated.

Lieutenant General John Frewen says those who have been holding out have been "putting themselves at risk for many months", but vaccine supply is no longer an issue.

Australia is on track to receive more than nine million Pfizer and three million Moderna doses over the course of October, enough to fully vaccinate the population.

"It's an inflection point in the campaign where we go from the supply drivers to the demand drivers," Lieutenant General Frewen told the ABC.

"The challenge ahead of us, and there are many challenges, is about people coming forward.

"Overseas, we've seen that you can get to 70 per cent but you've got to work hard to get to 80 per cent and, if we have any aspirations to get to 90 per cent, that's a long, hard road."

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
3 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2021, 10:15 AM   #15493
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I’ve noticed here, when a big retailer is pinged as an exposure site, they seem to put up copious notices at the store entrance in case anyone missed finding out other ways. I’m sure plenty of people don’t see these either…
3 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2021, 10:19 AM   #15494
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
I got a text message from Vic Dept Health yesterday morning. I was a Tier 2 due to going to the local Woolies in Keysborough Sth on Saturday morning. Went straight down to get tested, all pretty smooth except had to have the exposure site manually added as it wasn't coming up on the nurses IPad. No worries, I was pretty quick getting down there. On a plus side, negative result came through in about 16hrs, so that is good service.

Come this morning it is still not listed as an exposure site on the Vic DHHS site. Meanwhile Woolworths have it listed with detailed information including times on their own website.

Cant see why DHHS are so far behind when it is already in their system. I suppose people who don't check in will rarely check exposure sites, but not really good enough.
Good response on your behalf, tweeked, and also a pretty good turn-around on the test results given the workload the labs must be under atm.

Also glad for you that your test came back negative.

The fact that the exposure site hasn't come up on the DHHS website is not necessarily an indication that the department are behind, as some sites are not being listed:

Generally speaking, not all the exposure sites are published online. As the exposure site website notes:
"Not all exposure sites are published online. If you have received a text message from the Department of Health informing you that you were at an exposure site, and the site is not listed here, please follow the advice in the text message."

As for why they don't chuck them all up online?

According to the Department of Health, it manages exposure sites that it doesn't publish online, particularly if these sites:

* represent lower-risk exposure
* have comprehensive record-keeping and contact-tracing measures
* or if they identify small, private locations including smaller apartment or townhouse complexes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2021, 10:22 AM   #15495
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

I don’t begrudge anyone that has serious concerns for loved ones that are vulnerable health positions, the vast majority of people have family or friends that fall into this category.

I can respect that casual language in response to talking about potential deaths can be quite confronting but to be blunt it’s where we are at with this, the majority of the population have hit vaccination targets with a very large portion of people getting vaccinated “to get their life back”.

The bogey man of the unvaccinated locals, while an easy target is really irrelevant in the big picture of things moving forward. With us heading to summer and the northern hemisphere heading for winter I’d expect potential further variants being imported from international travellers is a much higher risk that some crazy strain mutating locally.

We are opening up as a society, there will be a period of high risk for the vaccinated with serious health conditions, seeing as the majority of the population has taken onboard the restrictions to protect these people for the better part of the last two years, I’d suggest a few months of caution on their behalf on reopening would be warranted.

My son has had almost no contact with his great grandparents for two thirds of his life, has met his uncle once and extended family twice.. if protecting the vulnerable by putting them in social isolation is the only long term solution people are suggesting to protect them is that a life we all really want to live?
4 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2021, 10:23 AM   #15496
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I’ve noticed here, when a big retailer is pinged as an exposure site, they seem to put up copious notices at the store entrance in case anyone missed finding out other ways. I’m sure plenty of people don’t see these either…
Yeah I wasn't expecting Woolies to have much about it, I only checked in case DHHS may have listed the wrong store (like they did in the north early on).

They not only had it listed, but also that it was a staff member, and the shift times that the staff member worked. Made me feel better, as I used the self checkout, so was happier it being a staff member than a member of the public, as I was closer to shoppers in the aisles, but didnt see any staff close to me at 830am!!

3 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2021, 10:37 AM   #15497
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Darn, I missed all the 'fun'.

In other news, interesting to see that supply issues are no longer considered to be the constraint on vaccination rates in the country; it is now how many people are turning up.

Campaign to vaccinate Australia has reached 'inflection point'
From today, Australians aged over 12 will be eligible for either a Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, a move aimed at getting the estimated 300,000 people aged over 60 years — who had been waiting for an mRNA shot — vaccinated.

Lieutenant General John Frewen says those who have been holding out have been "putting themselves at risk for many months", but vaccine supply is no longer an issue.

Australia is on track to receive more than nine million Pfizer and three million Moderna doses over the course of October, enough to fully vaccinate the population.

"It's an inflection point in the campaign where we go from the supply drivers to the demand drivers," Lieutenant General Frewen told the ABC.

"The challenge ahead of us, and there are many challenges, is about people coming forward.

"Overseas, we've seen that you can get to 70 per cent but you've got to work hard to get to 80 per cent and, if we have any aspirations to get to 90 per cent, that's a long, hard road."
Certainly is better news, and yep its all demand driven in this period. Heard that the Moderna that arrived into Vic's pharmacies this week were all unfrozen, so people have 3 weeks to use it, or it will expire. So get going!!

Just saw ACT tick over 90% first dose. Nice.

Once % first dose is achieved, then the same % second will be reached, just a matter of when? Would there be a reason why someone would take a first and not a second?

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2021, 10:41 AM   #15498
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Certainly is better news, and yep its all demand driven in this period. Heard that the Moderna that arrived into Vic's pharmacies this week were all unfrozen, so people have 3 weeks to use it, or it will expire. So get going!!

Just saw ACT tick over 90% first dose. Nice.

Once % first dose is achieved, then the same % second will be reached, just a matter of when? Would there be a reason why someone would take a first and not a second?
It’s advised if you have a negative anaphylactic reaction to the first that you wouldn’t have the second for obvious reasons, hence the first screening question.
3 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2021, 10:43 AM   #15499
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
…Once % first dose is achieved, then the same % second will be reached, just a matter of when? Would there be a reason why someone would take a first and not a second?
Death, obstructive illness, procrastination, desire for more information (the post by B8 the other day in response to an overseas video he’d seen, makes a good example), laziness, maybe a little anti-authoritarianism, a disrupted or disordered life, a bad experience with the first dose, a misunderstanding based on knowing other countries use single-dose Covid vaccines…
3 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2021, 10:44 AM   #15500
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Yeah I wasn't expecting Woolies to have much about it, I only checked in case DHHS may have listed the wrong store (like they did in the north early on).

They not only had it listed, but also that it was a staff member, and the shift times that the staff member worked. Made me feel better, as I used the self checkout, so was happier it being a staff member than a member of the public, as I was closer to shoppers in the aisles, but didnt see any staff close to me at 830am!!
That certainly seems to meet the DHHS criteria of "comprehensive record-keeping and contact-tracing measures" and hence, probs why it hasn't been listed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This user likes this post:
Old 01-10-2021, 11:02 AM   #15501
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
That certainly seems to meet the DHHS criteria of "comprehensive record-keeping and contact-tracing measures" and hence, probs why it hasn't been listed.
Yes, but the problem is you don't scan in you wont know it was an exposure site, and have to go to somewhere other than the DHHS site to find it. Add to this there are 4 other Woolworths within 20km that are listed by DHHS - I would love to believe this is a deliberate decision not to list it, but if I had money on it I would say not.

I did notice that the big bearded guy in front of me walked straight in without scanning, I gave the 17 year old on guard duty a sorry look as I went in, sort of acknowledging that I did not expect him to stop someone who obviously has no intention of complying.

I suppose it really doesn't matter, would that guy even bother getting tested if he got a text? Would he bother checking the DHHS website? - definitely not. It boils down to where we are now, the lockdown fatigue, most people are over it. Compliance is disintegrating, and will only get worse.

2 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2021, 11:42 AM   #15502
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Good to see a slightly lower case number for Vic today: 1,143 from 62,883 test results (65,497 test results yesterday).

But as we saw with the NSW numbers during their outbreak, the numbers tend to be quite spikey from day to day, so it's too early to celebrate too much at this point.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2021, 11:58 AM   #15503
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Yes, but the problem is you don't scan in you wont know it was an exposure site, and have to go to somewhere other than the DHHS site to find it. Add to this there are 4 other Woolworths within 20km that are listed by DHHS - I would love to believe this is a deliberate decision not to list it, but if I had money on it I would say not.
You could be right on that one, especially if other Woolworths supermarkets around that area are listed. You'd expect them to have similar, if not the same, covid tracing protocols in place.

Quote:
I did notice that the big bearded guy in front of me walked straight in without scanning, I gave the 17 year old on guard duty a sorry look as I went in, sort of acknowledging that I did not expect him to stop someone who obviously has no intention of complying.

I suppose it really doesn't matter, would that guy even bother getting tested if he got a text? Would he bother checking the DHHS website? - definitely not. It boils down to where we are now, the lockdown fatigue, most people are over it. Compliance is disintegrating, and will only get worse.
Be careful to not be too quick to judge. I don't know if you, or other Viccos on here, know but the Services Vic app allows you to scan into a location without having to use the QR code each time. You save it to your favourites, and then you can check in at any time by simply selecting that location from your favourites. You can do this whilst sitting in your car, before you enter, for eg. I used to think that anyone not stopping at the QR code and scanning in each time was not scanning in either until someone showed me how to use the favourites feature.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2021, 12:28 PM   #15504
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

NSW/VIC

NSW records 866 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9866 (from 1.0041) while the actual line remains a bit above the predictive trend line and based on the 4th order polynomial, that trend line now has an upward curve again.

VIC records 1,143 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0872 (from 1.1070) while the actual line is back about level with the predictive trend.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 01-10-2021, 12:58 PM   #15505
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT September 30th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

2,402 new cases (a new record) for Australia and 12 deaths so the CMR is 1.227%.

25 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.632%.

The UK had 35,742 cases yesterday and 137 deaths for a CMR of 1.750%.

127,512 new cases in the USA yesterday and 3,286 deaths sees CMR at 1.618%.

Other notable points:
Europe passes 59M cases;

Gabon (640);
Singapore (2,478);
Australia (2,402); and
Romania (12,032)

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Ukraine moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 02-10-2021 at 11:07 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2021, 01:05 PM   #15506
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:

Be careful to not be too quick to judge. I don't know if you, or other Viccos on here, know but the Services Vic app allows you to scan into a location without having to use the QR code each time. You save it to your favourites, and then you can check in at any time by simply selecting that location from your favourites. You can do this whilst sitting in your car, before you enter, for eg. I used to think that anyone not stopping at the QR code and scanning in each time was not scanning in either until someone showed me how to use the favourites feature.
I will have a look at that, sounds easier.

I would have thought he would still show his check in on his phone to the teen on guard duty though?????

2 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2021, 01:06 PM   #15507
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Those Melbourne protests didn't do them any favours.

I'm just waiting for this to be all over. We are so very close to the finish line now.

An article I read today from the Daily Mail suggested that from December we have the ability to travel absolutely anywhere with only a 7 day home quarantine upon return.

No traffic light system, no bubbles so to speak? That is well above and beyond even my own expectations.

Not sure how accurate that is?

We have had some vaccinated for several months now. Any word on boosters?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 01-10-2021, 01:33 PM   #15508
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

This announcement should draw a bit of interest, I'd think:

Victoria expands list of workers for mandatory vaccine
The state government will require all people on the authorised workers list to have had one shot by October 15 to continue working onsite.

They must be double-dosed by November 26.

"It is critically important that we do not see these cases continue to climb and go up and up and up so that our hospital system is under immense pressure even before we open up," he says.

"That is, just won't do that to our nurses, to our doctors, to all of our teams of those dedicated health professionals."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 01-10-2021, 01:35 PM   #15509
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Those Melbourne protests didn't do them any favours.

I'm just waiting for this to be all over. We are so very close to the finish line now.

An article I read today from the Daily Mail suggested that from December we have the ability to travel absolutely anywhere with only a 7 day home quarantine upon return.

No traffic light system, no bubbles so to speak? That is well above and beyond even my own expectations.

Not sure how accurate that is?

We have had some vaccinated for several months now. Any word on boosters?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
YT we are no where near the finish line, long long way to go yet.
Openning a little is just a start for us Oct 11.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
3 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2021, 01:45 PM   #15510
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
YT we are no where near the finish line, long long way to go yet.
Openning a little is just a start for us Oct 11.
We've a Federal & a State (N.S.W) Election both due early next year. That will be Front & centre in EVERY thought process of Theirs..
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread