Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 16-10-2021, 07:48 PM   #16081
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Is this for regional NSW? Commonwealth opened up an extra 100 GPs to administer pfizer during the sydney outbreak in the hot spot areas, and had to re-route supplies from the regionals. Which is why regionals are running "behind". There have been people from regional NSW coming out and saying their appointments were abruptly cancelled during that period.
I live in the Hunter New England health district so I have been paying a lot of attention to this area.
I know a few months ago people who had their covid vaccine appointments booked were contacted and told their appointment is canceled and postponed due to their vaccine being rerouted to Sydney so HSC students could get a priority.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-...hool/100329316

So HNE district is about 1/8 of the NSW population, but now is about 1/5 of daily Covid cases.
So now we have quite high covid cases and also more unvaxxed and single vaxxed people in lockdown due to vaccines being rerouted. Then you have people on here saying "ShOuLd HaVe BoOkEd EaRlIeR"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Why not tell everyone what your DTP means, I have not got the slightest idea that I have had or need boosting with a vaccine I never knew I had or needed, assuming D = diphtheria would T = tetanus and P?...and I could google but I want you to tell me and others who don't really know what it is, and, why without it I and others cannot participate in society!

Pertussis. It's whopping cough.

I picked that vaccine because I know you should get booster shots even though many people don't.

Right now you could get the booster shot within a week if you wanted. I got mine early this year with very little notice.

However if there was a breakout suddenly everyone would want a booster shot and no doubt everywhere would be booked out for weeks or months.
Would it be ok for the government to say
"Oh well you can't go anywhere now until you get it, you should have got it before the breakout when it was just recommended but not compulsory to live a normal life"

As I have said, I'm not anti vax, I just think everyone should be treated equally. Restrictions for vaccinated should only be lifted when everyone has had an equal opportunity. Even though NSW as whole is approaching 80% vaccinated, in some regional areas they are only approaching 60% vaccinated.

What has also double down my position of treating everyone equally is the rising cases of vaccine elitists online.
My cousin just received her second covid dose a couple of weeks ago and she was straight online with her holier than thou attitude bagging out everyone who wasn't vaccinated like they are low life scum even though she was one of them up until recently. Unfortunately this attitude has become more common recently.
Hence my post about DTP vaccines. Personally I'm good, screw everyone else right?
That's how we act now I believe?
Old 16-10-2021, 07:55 PM   #16082
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
Josh Frydenberg just on the news making mischief

Maybe he should just **** off and live in NSW

Victoria is behind in vaccinations coz his health minister did a secret deal with Gladys

NSW allegedly hit 80% vaccinated today, I wonder why

**** off to NSW Josh
Trevor, Josh Frydenberg has every right to make a comment since he is a Victorian.
You got to control your anger!
PS: I support his comment.
4 users like this post:
Old 16-10-2021, 09:49 PM   #16083
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
You watch, Andrews will come out and say he is following the National plan to the letter, NSW isn't and Frydenberg rips it up Victoria

The Libs typically playing dirty politics again, they need Victoria to win the next Federal election so this is all about pumping up NSW and making Victoria the bad guys, nothing new in this, it is how they roll. Instead on focussing on health they are playing politics
Do you read the Weekend Australian Trev, I do, if you really look into some of the articles you actually feel like the ACTU are writing them! ..lol...

Last edited by slowsnake; 16-10-2021 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Add bit
Old 16-10-2021, 09:51 PM   #16084
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The "no quarantine requirement" will become the norm for overseas vaxxed arrivals. Will we have enough unvaxxed visitors to make full use of this facility still? (granted it was proposed to be a multi purpose site and can be used for other means, such as temp housing for bush fire victims).

I'm concerned with what might be to come....that is, all states will divert unvaxxed arrivals to Victoria to quarantine....what could go wrong? Could be a good revenue stream through I believe Victoria paid something like $50m to NSW for vic residents quarantining in NSW.

Is the Mickleham quarantine facility a $200 million white elephant?
https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...14-p58zxj.html

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
This user likes this post:
Old 16-10-2021, 09:55 PM   #16085
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I had whooping cough as an adult, used to cough until I lost consciousness. Made for an interesting daily commute on peak hour Epping Rd, circa 2010. Blacked out reversing into my driveway, ran the side of the car all against the stake I’d put in to protect the water meter, lucky it was there. My point - it’s worth vaccinating against this, too.
3 users like this post:
Old 16-10-2021, 10:06 PM   #16086
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Arrow Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Trevor, Josh Frydenberg has every right to make a comment since he is a Victorian.
You got to control your anger!
PS: I support his comment.
So you are happy for Victoria to go against the National plan?

You don't see the dirty politics behind the attack?

Last edited by Trevor 57; 16-10-2021 at 10:15 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 16-10-2021, 11:36 PM   #16087
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Stay on topic please.

I’ve got better things to do besides deleting reported posts.
3 users like this post:
Old 16-10-2021, 11:50 PM   #16088
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Walk in off the street and vaccinated on the spot!...that's Perth
We are in the "current" situation due to bad decisions being made by people in power, wrong choices, it's what happens when you help a drowning person, they drown you to save themselves, and the weak just resign themselves to it, take the cash and run, and then it's f?ck you Jack
yer i dont know how much you tried prier to get you shots !
im in W.A. too and i had to go thru the booking system and was turned away as it was canceled on me the first 3 times for my first all be it i ended up with both shots prier to your first
but we went thru the booking system set up and had the supply to demand issues too

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 16-10-2021, 11:53 PM   #16089
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
So you are happy for Victoria to go against the National plan?

You don't see the dirty politics behind the attack?
I see everything in politics and like most people do not have to agree with your views, by the way don't try to put words in my mouth.

Cheers
Old 17-10-2021, 03:25 AM   #16090
zilo
BANNED

Living the dream in Tassie at the moment...aghhh... 3 sweet days of snap lock down.

The sweet smell of the NSW strain of Covid filling the air is so exhilarating.

Local bookies taking bets on whether 3 day lock down is enough...

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
2 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2021, 04:42 AM   #16091
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

There was something very Tasmanian in Premier Gutwein doing a snap press conference in his puffer vest the other day. He’d changed back to a suit jacket by the next one.

It will be interesting to see how the state eventually fares when coronavirus is entrenched.
Old 17-10-2021, 06:14 AM   #16092
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
I see everything in politics and like most people do not have to agree with your views, by the way don't try to put words in my mouth.

Cheers
you are quite entitled to you opinion, the thing about the way I write, it is the same as I speak, if you met me in the street the same words would come out of my mouth

I have no intention of twisting your words, they are clear and succinct and do not bend my words to mean something they are not
Old 17-10-2021, 08:33 AM   #16093
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Do you read the Weekend Australian Trev, I do, if you really look into some of the articles you actually feel like the ACTU are writing them! ..lol...
I don't purchase any newspaers
Old 17-10-2021, 11:00 AM   #16094
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
I don't purchase any newspaers
People still read newspapers
Old 17-10-2021, 11:00 AM   #16095
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
What has also double down my position of treating everyone equally is the rising cases of vaccine elitists online.
The problem with this altruistic attitude is a common downfall of this way of thought. If you get want you want and we treat everyone equally, you end up with low vaccination levels, and so you cause a huge number of deaths by being theoretically kind and "fair".

It is plain to see across this country that people only get their butt into gear when they have to, be it due to an outbreak, or that they will miss out if they don't get vaccinated. People generally are selfish. This is why states with low outbreaks, and no clear date before they start "missing out" are way behind the states with the reverse.

Its rarely about elitism. They are just being sensible and trying to get others to see the basic benefits.

3 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2021, 11:01 AM   #16096
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

NSW/VIC

NSW records 301 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9462 (from 0.9513) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend line and based on the 3rd order polynomial, that trend line has a downward curve.

VIC records 1,838 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0234 (from 1.0446) while the actual line remains below the predictive trend.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2021, 11:05 AM   #16097
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
yer i dont know how much you tried prier to get you shots !
im in W.A. too and i had to go thru the booking system and was turned away as it was canceled on me the first 3 times for my first all be it i ended up with both shots prier to your first
but we went thru the booking system set up and had the supply to demand issues too
Was offered Astra Zeneca when ever it first come to WA and was offered to seniors, before that, I have no idea of time frame, but the local hospital had it available in the ED, my situation is a little different to others, but I knocked back AZ as far back as February this year, but Pfizer was available late last year, at the ED local.
But only for specific age groups, forgot to add that.

Last edited by slowsnake; 17-10-2021 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Add bit
Old 17-10-2021, 12:00 PM   #16098
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT October 16th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

2,335 new cases for Australia and 9 deaths so the CMR is 1.075%.

42 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.567%.

The UK had 42,818 cases yesterday and 148 deaths for a CMR of 1.648%.

95,349 new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,756 deaths sees CMR at 1.626%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Global cases pass 141M, the last 1M in 2 days;
North America passes 55M cases;

Latvia (2,799); and
Russia (33,208)
... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 17-10-2021, 12:15 PM   #16099
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
People still read newspapers
Yep, I hate my computer screen as it is, but a newspaper, tabloid not broadsheet, except for my Weekend Australian is to me a very nice way to spend a weekend morning just flicking through the pages, it's relaxing, and the used paper has a multitude of after reading uses!

I love it, it's just nice and old school!...lol..
Old 17-10-2021, 12:17 PM   #16100
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha, as first thought, Frydo's timing yesterday wasn't random. Knew Vic Gov was meeting on the same day to make changes, and now he can claim the credit? Some notable easing which have been brought forward to Thursday - no curfew, no 25km limit (but still can't go into regional ), and indoor dining for 20 people.

Back door, front door, side door....you could see this was coming, Vic Gov is actually quite predictable.

Quote:
you are quite entitled to you opinion, the thing about the way I write, it is the same as I speak, if you met me in the street the same words would come out of my mouth

I have no intention of twisting your words, they are clear and succinct and do not bend my words to mean something they are not
I think some people here have a hard time reconciling the difference between arguing someone's viewpoint and arguing at the person. Keeps happening.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

3 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2021, 12:58 PM   #16101
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Am I misunderstanding or for e.g at the start of this upcoming week in a regional area a venue be it a bar, restaurant or gym could have a mix of unvaccinated, first dose or two dose customers but as of later this week they will be able to have more clients, however all customers must have had both vaccinations?

Staff at the same venue will either have had no doses with an appointment for the first, a single or both vaccinations?

There is no contingency for someone without vaccination or who has had their first vaccination and awaiting their second appointment?
Old 17-10-2021, 05:56 PM   #16102
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whats the go with people who have recently contracted covid, and want to get vaccinated now but can't? ATAGI has recommended that they don't take the vaccine for 6 months from point of recovery. Do they get an exemption to attend venues when we open up?

A few days ago, a friend of mine told me she was feeling unwell, sore itchy throat, sleeping all day, "flu like" symptoms. She also happens to be an antivaxer, like the really nutty kind that thinks covid is just a scare campaign concocted by gov to control the people. I've been trying to convince her to take the test, but she had initially procrastinated saying "its not covid". Anyhow, she finally went and got tested yesterday. Fortunately she was sane enough to self isolate the whole time, or so she tells me. No result yet. Anyhow we got talking today about returning to bars and clubs. I said "they won't let you enter if you aren't vaccinated". So she said she now wants to get vaccinated. I said, according to ATAGI, you can't for 6 months. Is it going to be a long and boring summer for her? I'm guessing plenty of others in the same boat with the number of infections over the last couple of months? There must be an alternative for those that now want to get vaxed but can't?

Rides (past and present)

Old 17-10-2021, 06:02 PM   #16103
slowsnake
Banned

You know what T3, I don't think there is, if she gets covid then it's her own fault, and if she now wants it then bad luck, I just don't understand people like that, I was reading about non vaxxers in ICU begging for a vaccination, being told no!
It was a news article, don't ask me what and where I don't know,may of been normal 6pm news.
Old 17-10-2021, 06:06 PM   #16104
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You know what T3, I don't think there is, if she gets covid then it's her own fault, and if she now wants it then bad luck, I just don't understand people like that, I was reading about non vaxxers in ICU begging for a vaccination, being told no!
It was a news article, don't ask me what and where I don't know,may of been normal 6pm news.
But what about people that caught covid through no fault of their own, and weren't able to have the vaccine due to supply issues at the time?

At the end of the day, these people will have generated the same antibodies so should pose no extra risk to society. Surely there has to be an alternative for these people. But we haven't been able to find anything on official sites. Otherwise, the alternative is to lie to the nurse, and get the jab anyway.

Rides (past and present)

Old 17-10-2021, 06:13 PM   #16105
slowsnake
Banned

Yes I understand that, but doctors and the Government seem to be running scared, too much finger pointing and lots of cautious comments and remarks, this is all new for everyone world wide, its here to stay I think, no cure, just look after ourselves as best we can, in particular personal hygiene.
Old 17-10-2021, 06:52 PM   #16106
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Whats the go with people who have recently contracted covid, and want to get vaccinated now but can't? ATAGI has recommended that they don't take the vaccine for 6 months from point of recovery. Do they get an exemption to attend venues when we open up?

A few days ago, a friend of mine told me she was feeling unwell, sore itchy throat, sleeping all day, "flu like" symptoms. She also happens to be an antivaxer, like the really nutty kind that thinks covid is just a scare campaign concocted by gov to control the people. I've been trying to convince her to take the test, but she had initially procrastinated saying "its not covid". Anyhow, she finally went and got tested yesterday. Fortunately she was sane enough to self isolate the whole time, or so she tells me. No result yet. Anyhow we got talking today about returning to bars and clubs. I said "they won't let you enter if you aren't vaccinated". So she said she now wants to get vaccinated. I said, according to ATAGI, you can't for 6 months. Is it going to be a long and boring summer for her? I'm guessing plenty of others in the same boat with the number of infections over the last couple of months? There must be an alternative for those that now want to get vaxed but can't?
Good question and I have heard the same you cannot get vaccinated for a while after having covid; as for attending venues and other functions needing a digital pass well I guess stiff titties to those people since the government made the rules no pass no go.
Old 17-10-2021, 07:26 PM   #16107
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

isnt this what that pill is meant to be for
to reduce the problems one gets from the virus and help keep you out of hospital
so like a morning after pill
where as the vaccine is to reduce the chance of catching the virus to start with
i wont add like the ............ here

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 17-10-2021, 11:05 PM   #16108
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Re the question of contagion vs vaccination… I thought that at least in NSW you could be issued with a medical certificate saying you’d had Covid, had developed specific antibodies, and were now free of it as a transmissible disease - or words to that effect.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-10-2021, 12:38 AM   #16109
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

COVID-19 vaccination certificates for international travel available on MyGov from Tuesday

The International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificates work in a similar fashion to existing vaccine certificates but they have added QR codes that can be scanned by foreign border officials.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/covid-19-international-travel-certificates
Old 18-10-2021, 06:55 AM   #16110
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

wow the point about having COVID and not being able to be vaccinated brings up a really good point, I wonder how they will deal with that

As for your point about people arguing with the person rather than the point is a good point as well - well done
Closed Thread