Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #151
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Default Re: iPhone 5 Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
Fixed.
FF member E: Doesn't care either way, but while reading this thread imagines replacing the word "iPhone" with "Coco Pops" and the words "Andriod, Samsung, etc" with "Coco Puffs" and gets a good laugh.

Both tasty and do the same thing different ways. ;)

A general question I have though. From a normal day to day use, what does one have over the other. My staff have both, and initial set-up issues aside (S2's), They are much of a much-ness. Both make calls, both receive work e-mails, calanders, tasks, etc., both have the similar if the not the same apps used, both play music, video, take photos/video and both run Angry Birds.

I get that some like differnt things, but seems to me to be a lot of **** and wind about nothing.

Personally I prefer the iPhone for it's simplicity of general use. Others here prefer the S2, both give the same result.

PS: Also the irony of those saying iPhone buyers are sheep is dripping of those comment, when you look at the amount of buyers of andriod based phones.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #152
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunter
A general question I have though. From a normal day to day use, what does one have over the other. My staff have both, and initial set-up issues aside (S2's), They are much of a much-ness. Both make calls, both receive work e-mails, calanders, tasks, etc., both have the similar if the not the same apps used, both play music, video, take photos/video and both run Angry Birds.
For me, versatility.

I use my (personal) phone quite extensively as anything but a phone most of the time. I can plug my Android into just about anything to pull or push files to just about anything else. I'm not artificially limited by the manufacturer as to what I can or cannot do with the handset.

With the phone configured the way I like, it's easier to navigate and do what I want than an iPhone. From my home screen I can see my appointments and one press will give me directions from where I stand - handy when I'm stopped in traffic. If I want to hotspot my phone, one press instead of navigating through multiple screens. It's both wider and taller than an iPhone so zooming is and will still be better than the iPhone.

Compare it to my iPad, trying to get media onto it without iTunes is a royal PITA. Was recently overseas and wanted to update the viewing library for my 30 hour trip back to Oz. Funnily enough, I was able to do it using my Android phone. Hooked the phone up to an external hard drive, hotspotted it and pushed it out to the iPad. Would have been easier if Apple just allowed you to plug in an external device but they closed that gap in iOS5.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #153
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well after doing some investigation neither the iPhone 5 nor the Samsung S3 are blue tick so it does not matter what gollywog throbotronism either demonstrates they are both cityboy phones.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #154
Chopped
as in chopped

iPhone 5 - Longer than expected >
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llceyyrksp8
(lol)
Old 26-09-2012, 04:36 AM   #155
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

Hahaha this ad just show that crApple just got owned, yet again and again!!!
Samsung Slams Apple commercial!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJafiCKliA8&sns=fb

Samsung Galaxy S3 is the number one selling smartphone on the market and the brand number one Technology development in communication in the world!!!

Actually for those fan out there, CrApple stole all of it's ideas from others:
Siri = Google Android.
iPod = Diamond Multimedia.
iPhone = Palm, Microsoft.
Gestures = Minority Report movie, various PC laptops.
iPad = Microsoft

Apple = FAIL

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #156
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAFIA
Hahaha this ad just show that crApple just got owned, yet again and again!!!
Samsung Slams Apple commercial!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJafiCKliA8&sns=fb

Samsung Galaxy S3 is the number one selling smartphone on the market and the brand number one Technology development in communication in the world!!!

Actually for those fan out there, CrApple stole all of it's ideas from others:
Siri = Google Android.
iPod = Diamond Multimedia.
iPhone = Palm, Microsoft.
Gestures = Minority Report movie, various PC laptops.
iPad = Microsoft

Apple = FAIL
Oh you mean the one that uses its own operating system on its own CPU as opposed to using someone else's operating system on someone else's CPU.

So what is actually original about this Samsung? The curved case?
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #157
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAFIA

Apple = FAIL
With a market value of over US$650B, I'd like to be such a successful failure.
Old 26-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #158
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Nah sorry dude, it's still just a phone...
Agreed, 2 years ago id have joined the arguement. Now its just a phone, ill never use my phone to its full capability.
I dont get why some people get so uptight about it, its personal preference doesnt make one phone better then the other.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #159
Hulsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Well after doing some investigation neither the iPhone 5 nor the Samsung S3 are blue tick so it does not matter what gollywog throbotronism either demonstrates they are both cityboy phones.
The HTC one XL is a blue tick phone, I have used mine way out in the boonies and been able to have reception where others have struggled with Iphone 4s and older and various other HTC/Samsung devices.
Hulsty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #160
XWGT