Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-06-2007, 06:28 PM   #181
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well.....,i've decided i'm going to see how low i can get my ET.in my au as is in street trim .then i'm going to plan a one off and strip it out and see how it goes.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:35 AM   #182
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

Stav - Thank you and likewise mate was a pleasure meeting you!

I know what you mean with the AU folks running in full street trim but in my books in my mind im not doing it for any comparison or any competition at all. I love watching how you blokes go and seeing you guys go quicker! Friendly comparison i havent got a problem with if its fair but our real enemies lie in the red team!

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2007, 02:23 PM   #183
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Absolutely..

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2007, 02:28 PM   #184
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS5
well.....,i've decided i'm going to see how low i can get my ET.in my au as is in street trim .then i'm going to plan a one off and strip it out and see how it goes.
: Dont make me have to strip my car to keep up dammit.. I really don't want to have to do that.

Maybe I'll just cam mine instead mwahahahahahaha.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2007, 07:01 PM   #185
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
: Dont make me have to strip my car to keep up dammit.. I really don't want to have to do that.

Maybe I'll just cam mine instead mwahahahahahaha.
yeah ,its one of those things i realy would like to try ,along with dumping the zorst at the diff.
when you think about its the cheapest mod you can do to your car .it just takes time to pull it out and put it back.
mmmmmm.... i think the cam would be a better option though. _2:
Old 03-06-2007, 08:04 PM   #186
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A friend of mine had an EL xr6 and it ran 14.5 all day long, he stripped his car of every thing bar the drivers seat to lay new carpet and retrim the seats etc.It just so happened that that weekend we decided to go to the drags, he ran 14.2 all night long, dropped his pb and was very happy.He then finished the re trim,put all the stuff back in and then a couple of weeks latter went back to the drags, he ran 14.5 all night again.So with this in mind for an EL anyway, removing interior trim is worth about .3, anyone running 14.2 or there abouts should, in theory, should get into the 13 sec bracket with interior removed.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:15 PM   #187
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I've started a specific thread on gutting out a car for the drags here: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...36#post1511736

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2007, 12:53 AM   #188
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

So what is the current state of affairs? Has anyone ran a 13 yet? I know its a big ask but has anything tried?Or is anyone stll trying ? Im going out to do some test and tuning tommorow night and hopefully sort my misfire. It will give me an idea if a 13 soon is in my sights or if the tune has gone out the window..

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 04-07-2007, 01:31 AM   #189
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

13s are done ..
But I don't have a AU .
I don't know what the AUs are running but I cant see why they wont get into the 13s soon .... They just need better editing software for the AUs to get that bit more power.
trick_xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2007, 08:54 AM   #190
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

And MUCH less weight in them.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 01:14 AM   #191
Stav
Smile

Well as many of you know the wagon pulled a 14.527 at 95.68mph. I have not forgotten what I had started here nor have I given up. I have identified the weaknessess of my car which include a slipping auto and will be making adjustments asap to hopefully go out and make a few more passes.

The addition of 4:11 ratio is yet to be tuned or my fuel system checks which have thrown the tune out the window.Maybe I am dreaming? But if I can get the car right by the end of August I will try once more!!

Old 04-04-2008, 09:40 PM   #192
Stav
Smile

Default Roll Call!!

The first time I posted here was in october 06. Its been over a year now nd we are yet to see and au in the 13's on these forums. At last count I was at 14.5 this year in the heat I got to 14.301 at 97 mph. I am getting close but cant claim the 13 yet. It isnt easy but I havent given up yet.

Is anyone still intent on the target of 13 second au? Are you blokes still with the goal?

Old 04-04-2008, 09:55 PM   #193
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
The first time I posted here was in october 06. Its been over a year now nd we are yet to see and au in the 13's on these forums. At last count I was at 14.5 this year in the heat I got to 14.301 at 97 mph. I am getting close but cant claim the 13 yet. It isnt easy but I havent given up yet.

Is anyone still intent on the target of 13 second au? Are you blokes still with the goal?
Funny, I spent a bit of time yesterday and today sending out requests for pricing on some bits and pieces from a few suppliers with this in mind.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 10:44 PM   #194
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthAu
Funny, I spent a bit of time yesterday and today sending out requests for pricing on some bits and pieces from a few suppliers with this in mind.
Cool !! Started to think that everyone gave up!! It takes time to get things right..Ok who else is getting ready to give some curry?

Old 05-04-2008, 12:17 AM   #195
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Cool !! Started to think that everyone gave up!! It takes time to get things right..Ok who else is getting ready to give some curry?
I don't even know if I'll end up doing anything with my car, I seem to have grown a habbit of starting projects and not finishing them which is great for other people but no so good for my wallet.
Also any money I put towards the POS is money taken from the funds set aside for a project I have been planning for over a year, just waiting for the right base car to get things started (non ford related). Biggest issue I keep having is, because I keep looking for THE car to start my planned project and keep comming up stumps, I have thoughts of throwing all my cash into the common piece of crap.
I've come across the car I want (not shown to be for sale) that lives not far from me, I think I'll head over there this weekend and see if they are keen to sell, otherwise I think it will be time to give up and go for a quick but common car.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 01:15 AM   #196
Stav
Smile

Fair enough....Its just such shame that so many here and they still havent pulled it off.But..I see your point .

Old 05-04-2008, 03:24 AM   #197
The Monty
Just slidin'

Im still going for it, just slowly. Ive gone from a 15.88 to a 14.97 in that time, still have a stock cam, head driveline, and havent got a custom tune yet. I am saving for a weeding and a house though, which means I dont get to spend alot on it, but you can only do what you can do. I too have been emailing cam places, trying to get a cam to suit my needs.
I have a ported head here ready to slip on as well, but having sent the specs away to the cam places, Ill wait for a cam and do both and a custom tune all at once. Should be all on by winter, but all that power through the single spinner, isnt going to be the easiest combo to get the power down.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:28 AM   #198
EL__Monty

Adjust the butterfly's on your BBM first. Trick_Xd has done, very good results with other mods. This is my EL fairmont from 0-about 86MPH. Does high 7's 0-100km/hr and that's with the shift kit turned off. ( I find even with 225/16 tyres yokohamas, I still get too much spin when shifting 2nd which looses time.)

Just the usual exhaust mods with a bit of adjusting via Drift King Brissy(they know how to get the lost power down low after fitting after market headers) and intake mods are basically A k&N filter and pipe. Fitted Xr6 plugs, advanced the timing by 4 degrees with the dizzy. No head work yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The weight of a wagon with the extra metal and glass may be weighing you down but I have hosed plenty of standard EA<EB<ED<EF< EL GLI's in my time;

As you can see it's a low KM motor that I have had since 75000km and has only been treated to Penrite oil most of the time!

vid.

Last edited by EL__Monty; 05-04-2008 at 06:40 AM.
EL__Monty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 08:42 AM   #199
Stav
Smile

The wagon with just exhaust was running mid to low 7's champ.It actually went back when I stuck the first cam in.I know you are trying to help but I cant see it helping the flow dynamics of the bbm especially when the existng bend angles are a similar angle as the intake port.Directing air to the bottom by straightening should slow flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
Im still going for it, just slowly. Ive gone from a 15.88 to a 14.97 in that time, still have a stock cam, head driveline, and havent got a custom tune yet. I am saving for a weeding and a house though, which means I dont get to spend alot on it, but you can only do what you can do. I too have been emailing cam places, trying to get a cam to suit my needs.
I have a ported head here ready to slip on as well, but having sent the specs away to the cam places, Ill wait for a cam and do both and a custom tune all at once. Should be all on by winter, but all that power through the single spinner, isnt going to be the easiest combo to get the power down.
Youre a legend mate!! I love the determination and dedication. Its what defines the last and dwindling pool of " real men" Goals seems unobtainable sometimes but persistance and then experience help you work it to the top!!

My theory is just get a higher lift cam.

Last edited by Stav; 05-04-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:23 AM   #200
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Wade do AU regrinds if that helps, much cheaper than a billet cam.

Quote:
Should be all on by winter, but all that power through the single spinner, isnt going to be the easiest combo to get the power down.
Solution... Lokka!!!!
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 01:04 PM   #201
ayeyew
Teh Baest

I recently came into a decent sized inflow of cash... $10k of which has been set aside for my car.

Only problem is i'm still on my P's..

However, looking at getting some headwork (maybe), cam and custom tune within the next few weeks.

I might just wait around for the 4.8L monstaaar from CMS :

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 01:20 PM   #202
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayeyew
I recently came into a decent sized inflow of cash... $10k of which has been set aside for my car.

Only problem is i'm still on my P's..

However, looking at getting some headwork (maybe), cam and custom tune within the next few weeks.

I might just wait around for the 4.8L monstaaar from CMS :
Turbo it, or trade on an XR6T. For the money, you will have a FAR quicker and more driveable result.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #203
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
Turbo it, or trade on an XR6T. For the money, you will have a FAR quicker and more driveable result.
I give you 10/10 for trying to sell the turbo mate..heheh bless ya!!

I can assure you that alot of turbo xr6's will be blown away by a modded na six.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:58 PM   #204
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
I give you 10/10 for trying to sell the turbo mate..heheh bless ya!!

I can assure you that alot of turbo xr6's will be blown away by a modded na six.
Haha, nup it's already sold!

I was more saying, rather than spend near 10k on NA mods and be grateful for a high 13, why not spend the same on a turbo, be it on the AU, or even better a BA XR6 turbo, and get 12's without much effort?

Dollar for dollar, we know what the answer is!
Old 05-04-2008, 02:10 PM   #205
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Quote:
I was considering an XR6T, but I am starting to get sick of seeing them everywhere!

Thing is, I change my mind like I change my undies.. Weekly.

Mind has gone from Supercharger/Turbo my i6, to awesome audio install, to XR6T, to r32 Skyline GTR, to Mitsubishi FTO (Why i have no idea), now looking at N/A (at least until I am off my P's)..

I won't be doing anything massive to the car until I turn 25 (September) and insure the car in my wife-to-be's name..

Other small things such as my wedding in September and buying a house have come into the decision making process too

But i am adamant with keeping the $10k in the bank until i can spend it on my car.. Leave the rest for a deposit on a house and we are saving around $1000 every week for the wedding.

If only i was single and i could spend all my money on the car.. LoL

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 02:47 PM   #206
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Haha, nup it's already sold!

I was more saying, rather than spend near 10k on NA mods and be grateful for a high 13, why not spend the same on a turbo, be it on the AU, or even better a BA XR6 turbo, and get 12's without much effort?

Dollar for dollar, we know what the answer is!
Its not the point.The point is why when I joined the ford community did no crap head shop have a kit to do the job? I am hell bent on fine tooth combing the truth . 12's out of a turbo every man and his dog are doing it. Its boring!! Turbo owners are spoon fed performance and redone to absolute tears!! I cant believe the premade production line of turbo performance is stuck consistantly at certain levels. What is wrong there? Has the first guy to design a performance xr6 turbo kit died and theyve got no one to copy any more? This endevour is about originality!!Individuality.

This is pioneering and exciting stuff. What would you say if the wagon ripped 12's without a turbo. I believe it can be done.

When the wagon goes past the turbo boys of all makes , they look very worried. It may not be as fast but it sure is scary!!In saying that ..at the track most cars are hard pressed to pull decent time despite the badges they carry.
I suppose I am a bit different than all the Smithees (common nobodies) but I am good at it .

Last edited by Stav; 05-04-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:10 PM   #207
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Its not the point.The point is why when I joined the ford community did no crap head shop have a kit to do the job? I am hell bent on fine tooth combing the truth . 12's out of a turbo every man and his dog are doing it. Its boring!! Turbo owners are spoon fed performance and redone to absolute tears!! I cant believe the premade production line of turbo performance is stuck consistantly at certain levels. What is wrong there? Has the first guy to design a performance xr6 turbo kit died and theyve got no one to copy any more? This endevour is about originality!!Individuality.

This is pioneering and exciting stuff. What would you say if the wagon ripped 12's without a turbo. I believe it can be done.

When the wagon goes past the turbo boys of all makes , they look very worried. It may not be as fast but it sure is scary!!In saying that ..at the track most cars are hard pressed to pull decent time despite the badges they carry.
I suppose I am a bit different than all the Smithees (common nobodies) but I am good at it .
Individuality is a great thing, I agree.

All I am saying is, most of us are on a budget, and dollar for dollar a turbo setup will be quicker, less angry than a highly cammed NA, more fuel efficient day to day (mine with a rough tune, 500cc injectors, aftermarket ecu and copping it every day does an average of 11.5l/100) and dare I say it alot more fun with that midrange rush that most turbo cars bring.

As for your car running 12's NA, let me just say that I would be very impressed and it'd be great to see. Again though (and I must stress that I am only talking about my preferences), for my purposes I'd be getting something turbo or anything LS1 equipped to achieve that purpose.

As for 12's being boring, probably, but several of my last cars have been stuck in the 13's and 14's and they were all hell boring, so I don't see how a 14 second AU is less boring than a 12 sec XR6T.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:28 PM   #208
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Individuality is a great thing, I agree.

All I am saying is, most of us are on a budget, and dollar for dollar a turbo setup will be quicker, less angry than a highly cammed NA, more fuel efficient day to day (mine with a rough tune, 500cc injectors, aftermarket ecu and copping it every day does an average of 11.5l/100) and dare I say it alot more fun with that midrange rush that most turbo cars bring.

As for your car running 12's NA, let me just say that I would be very impressed and it'd be great to see. Again though (and I must stress that I am only talking about my preferences), for my purposes I'd be getting something turbo or anything LS1 equipped to achieve that purpose.

As for 12's being boring, probably, but several of my last cars have been stuck in the 13's and 14's and they were all hell boring, so I don't see how a 14 second AU is less boring than a 12 sec XR6T.
It is great to see 12 seconds from any car. Truth is you must agree it has been done many a time.I apologise for my tone earlier. It does get frustrating having 4 litres of capacity and not break those barriers. I suppose the real reward for each enthusiast is setting a goal and achieving it. I think we will see 12 seconds from these cars as time does go by. Maybe in my younger days I had seen 250 2v xa falcons go alot harder than our modern au fords. All this technology and we are still trying to get into the 13's..

Old 05-04-2008, 10:37 PM   #209
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
It is great to see 12 seconds from any car. Truth is you must agree it has been done many a time.I apologise for my tone earlier. It does get frustrating having 4 litres of capacity and not break those barriers. I suppose the real reward for each enthusiast is setting a goal and achieving it. I think we will see 12 seconds from these cars as time does go by. Maybe in my younger days I had seen 250 2v xa falcons go alot harder than our modern au fords. All this technology and we are still trying to get into the 13's..
Hehe, I didn't pick up any tone mate, it's all good! Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy debate - it's passion like this that makes things fun!

Have to agree on the 250 2V's -one of my cousins had one years back in an XY (back when you could get a mint one for 3-4k!) with extractors, headwork, cam, Holley, toploader and 3.5 diff gears, for a six, the damn thing flew! It was very impressive for what it was and as 18 year olds we ripped some mighty impressive skids in it.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:43 PM   #210
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Hehe, I didn't pick up any tone mate, it's all good! Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy debate - it's passion like this that makes things fun!

Have to agree on the 250 2V's -one of my cousins had one years back in an XY (back when you could get a mint one for 3-4k!) with extractors, headwork, cam, Holley, toploader and 3.5 diff gears, for a six, the damn thing flew! It was very impressive for what it was and as 18 year olds we ripped some mighty impressive skids in it.
My bro had an xa 2 v 250 it was the quickest six I have ever been in.Including turbo cars. It was using 80 dollars of fuel for 250kays back in 1983..but it was worth it!!!