Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Whats the lamest Sticker youve seen???
N.R.N.R(no root no ride) 14 9.33%
On the seventh day go created Ford/Holden.. 37 24.67%
MetalMulisha 49 32.67%
Other - Please enlighten us!!! 50 33.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 28-03-2007, 12:36 PM   #181
msxr8
girls love fast cars....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man
Well then msxr8, I must be braindead x2 as I have both on my car!Now I realy feel sorry for my lifestyle choice. I have some Fox stickers on my car ,its my work ute and weekend bike/quad transport ! Im sorry if I offended you any way, but I just happen to race dirtbikes and most of my riding gear is of the fox brand because it offers great protection if my bike/quad disagrees with which way I want to go. If you feel the need , come round and remove them anytime !

Jeez there are some stupid threads happening in the forums these days . Are we realy that bored that we feel were good enough to hang shyte on other people because we are better than them or something ? bottom line is its their money , their car , their choice !
You didn't offend me, and I dont plan to take stickers off cars that do not belong to me... (although that power would be nice occasionally... hehe)

I thought the idea of these forums were for people to express their opinions.

I dont get bike stickers, thats my opinion.

Just the same as all the other opinions that have been expressed here.

I do understand that people are into bikes, my three boys love bikes. And I also understand that fox make awesome clothes and protective gear...
As I said I dont get why BIKE stickers are on CARS....

Do you understand what I am getting at???? Another analogy would be ford stickers on holdens......

Im sorry bout the braindead comment if thats what offended you so badly (but then apparently in this case it may be accurate).
In this context braindead was simply meant to imply the same as silly, dumb, pointless, etc, not that your brain was literally dead.... CRIKEY.

If i was aware that some people could not enter into a convo without taking comments personally I would have kept my opinion to myself...

I'll say it again, I dont get it, BUT EACH TO THIER OWN......

Last edited by msxr8; 28-03-2007 at 01:17 PM.
Old 29-12-2009, 03:36 PM   #182
DJMaRV
HardTrance an HardStyle

THREAD MINING!!!....

im serious here i seen a sticker on a ute the other day that said 'DIE EMO TIGHT JEAN FAGGOTS'......

now thats a bit over the top idn it?...
HDi Intercooled
TurboSmart
Earls Filter
PBR Brakes
Warlbro
Old 29-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #183
black mamba
harsh but fair

i hate them all. They all have a shelf life and the novelty wears off. "magic happens" shits me big time. Always seem to be old beetle drivers have those ones. And that bloody fish!
Old 29-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #184
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

I put other, as I have several;

1: F@#$ing UNIT! Nearly every SS ute up here has one.
2: Frangipanis
3: Performance division stickers on a non-performance model eg: HSV on a Commodore Executive
4: Jetpilot
5: Stickers referring to saving the environment, usually on a smoke billowing sh!tbox.
6: And let's not forget the RICE stickers. eg: Greddy, Trust, Apexi, etc down the front quarter of usually an asian import, despite not having one bit of those parts in it.

I'm sure i'll think of more later.
Old 29-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #185
vaughany
Starter Motor

I hate the UNIT stickers, and those bloody TAB Player ones
Old 29-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #186
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know i'll get some backlash on this but I can't stand the Aussie Pride stickers, NOT because of what they say but because of some of the people who put them on their cars. I know quite a few around here who are complete bogan racists who put them on their car as a big f you to other ethnicities.

I am aware a lot of people (many on the forums) have it on their car as a bit of national pride and am 100% fine with that, just as usual a handful have to ruin it for the rest.
Old 29-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #187
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw a classic today on a commy ute.

"Faster than a speeding ticket"

Very bright boy driving that car.......
Old 29-12-2009, 04:10 PM   #188
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST
I know i'll get some backlash on this but I can't stand the Aussie Pride stickers, NOT because of what they say but because of some people who put them on their cars. I know quite a few around here who are complete bogan racists who put them on their car as a big f you to other ethnicities.

I am aware a lot of people (many on the forums) have it on their car as a bit of national pride and am 100% fine with that, just as usual a handful have to ruin it for the rest.
I understand where youre coming from. Just a shame that "aussie pride" is used in this way. Although imagine the reaction of their mates if they put "white power" on it
:
Old 29-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #189
ToxikXR6
Enthusiast

UNIT! stickers, my lord.. South Australia has tonnes of them
most of the time its someone you know and dont like all that well.

i have a small "Malibu Boats" sticker on the window, included with the boat was about 50 of them.
Old 29-12-2009, 04:19 PM   #190
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxikXR6
UNIT! stickers, my lord.. South Australia has tonnes of them
most of the time its someone you know and dont like all that well.

i have a small "Malibu Boats" sticker on the window, included with the boat was about 50 of them.

Thats it, alot of the UNIT, and FOX, and JetPilot stickers come with something of that brand, esp the protective clothing

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
Old 29-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #191
bigdave
Ford Fanatic

i can't stand the "Justify Your Existence" stickers, usually on cars being driven rather stupidly (i.e that purple BMW on the news that was impounded before x-mas at the spit for hooning)

and the Unit stickers on most dunnydores in my area (Logan City lol)

Menace 2005 BAII XR6
Old 29-12-2009, 04:23 PM   #192
ToxikXR6
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1183
Thats it, alot of the UNIT, and FOX, and JetPilot stickers come with something of that brand, esp the protective clothing
its a marketing thing.
and well.. it works yeh?
Old 29-12-2009, 04:25 PM   #193
BOSHOG
avenge me

a holden sticker on a holden etc

i mean its pretty bloody obvious its a holden :
Old 29-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #194
revcore
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One sticker I REALLY HATE is those purple stickers that say "Magic Happens"
WTF is that all about?
Old 29-12-2009, 04:29 PM   #195
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

My other car is a **insert witty mode of transportation here**
Old 29-12-2009, 04:34 PM   #196
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave
i can't stand the "Justify Your Existence" stickers, usually on cars being driven rather stupidly (i.e that purple BMW on the news that was impounded before x-mas at the spit for hooning)

and the Unit stickers on most dunnydores in my area (Logan City lol)
Agree on both of them. My other half works in Spare Parts at a bike place and every time I am in there, there is at least 1 idiot wandering in asking for "a real big UNIT sticker bro"
Old 29-12-2009, 04:48 PM   #197
Deech
Making smalltorque

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcore
One sticker I REALLY HATE is those purple stickers that say "Magic Happens"
Agreed, that and: "Don't drive faster than your guardian angel can fly" or "I believe in angels".

There's a VN near me with "VN2NV" (VN to envy) in an enormous silver decal along the door panels, the entire length of the cabin. Said VN is the same colour as a redskin lolly, cut springs and dragging its bum like a dog with worms, and doubles in value every time the tyres are replaced. I'm green with envy.
When your engine bay catches alight, you try and convince the police that it came that way from the factory. They believe you and leave.
Old 29-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #198
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

There is this old lady who lives in my town, I see her down at the shops every now and again, but anyways she has one of the first Commodores and it has a massive HOLDEN sticker on the windscreen, and its her car for sure because every time I've seen it around, she has been driving it. She gets out all rough looking with her smokes, she'd kick anyones *** in a fight lol.
Old 29-12-2009, 06:02 PM   #199
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Just went out for a drive and saw a Kia Rio with SSS underneath the rear Rio badge, it didnt even have fooly siik hubcaps
Old 29-12-2009, 06:25 PM   #200
Matt47569
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

NO FEAR on the back of thrashed out VL's
Old 29-12-2009, 06:32 PM   #201
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

I personally hate any stickers on any car.

But the ones that really baffle me, are the "V8 Inside" stickers on little rice burners
Old 29-12-2009, 06:55 PM   #202
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I also do not like those big "Unit" stickers or any of those kinds of large stickers on cars. It's probably because of the type of car (usually bogan ricers and Commodores) and the type people that put them on their cars that make me cringe.
Old 29-12-2009, 06:57 PM   #203
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser '81
I also do not like those big "Unit" stickers or any of those kinds of large stickers on cars. It's probably because of the type of car (usually bogan ricers and Commodores) and the type people that put them on their cars that make me cringe.
Agreed, especially "Justify Your Existence" and "Great Southern Land". They sure dominate Brisbane.
Old 29-12-2009, 07:13 PM   #204
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezza!
Try to peel it off. Then to remove the sticky residue left behind, use eucalyptus oil. It does a great job. That's what I used to remove the stickers from the back windscreen of my car.
This is in regards to dealer stickers or workshop stickers.....Don't bother !!! take it back to the #@&%ers and tell them to take it off themselves, this is the worst sticker that can possibly be put on your car, I didn't ask for it, you have allready charged me a small fortune , and I'm not paying YOU to advertise your business on my hard earned!!!
Next to that is the "Baby on Board"...what makes you think I am not going to park in those stupid!!! Parents with Prams car parks at the shopping centre??I have had 4 kids and no one told me I was special.
Next two will probably get me bashed by our Kiwi brothers or Aussie(??) nationalists.. How many cars get around NZ with a gum leaf or jacarranda flower on the rear window..enough of the fern allready, particularly when you cant see out the window cause it's so BIGGG.

Which brings me to that most scary of all stickers/tattoos...I know it's on our flag, and I know it is inherently part of our very being,but the easy, cheap throwaway that the Southern Cross has become scares me sh%&#@ss. I am ready enough to take on board the flack I will no doubt get for this but guys, have a look around and see who (not all) is displaying this symbol, ...ps I can't recall seeing it as prolific before a certain 9/11
Old 29-12-2009, 07:14 PM   #205
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I am not a fan of Jetpilot, 'bad b i t c h', Hibiscus flowers, sticker of a kid p!ss!ng on a 'ford' or 'holden' sign or stars of the southern cross.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 29-12-2009, 07:16 PM   #206
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt47569
NO FEAR on the back of thrashed out VL's
You'd think their lack of fear would be implied...
Old 29-12-2009, 07:21 PM   #207
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
My other car is a **insert witty mode of transportation here**
I don't care how tacky it would look but if I ever bougt a Porsche I would have a sticker "My other car is a beat up XF station wagon"
Old 29-12-2009, 09:03 PM   #208
Chopped
as in chopped

I'm going back (20yrs!) but "CrowCams" and "YellaTerra" stickers used to be stuck places they shouldn't have been also. It's a generational thing !

I miss the the old Kombis and Cruisers/Patrols that had stickers from all the nowhere towns they had been to (seems to be a dying trend)
Old 29-12-2009, 09:06 PM   #209
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped
I'm going back (20yrs!) but "CrowCams" and "YellaTerra" stickers used to be stuck places they shouldn't have been also. It's a generational thing !

I miss the the old Kombis and Cruisers/Patrols that had stickers from all the nowhere towns they had been to (seems to be a dying trend)
It's funny you mention that. I saw an old beat up XF Pano with a crow cams sticker on the back. And I'd have to say ive only seen one car lately with nowhere town stickers on it. :(
Old 29-12-2009, 09:41 PM   #210
Chopped
as in chopped

Quote:
It's funny you mention that. I saw an old beat up XF Pano with a crow cams sticker on the back.
And I bet there wasn't a Crow Cam in it !!

Quote:
And I'd have to say ive only seen one car lately with nowhere town stickers on it. :(
Sucks about that. The only stickers you see on 4WD's now are for private schools or which BMW/AUDI/MERC dealer it was purchased from !!