Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-01-2009, 06:32 PM   #181
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
it is amazing isn't it. when the coupe was an everyday car, i would park as far away from everyone as possible - and someone would go to a great deal of trouble to park next to it, instead of choosing one of the other 50 that were closer
I too have witnessed this phenomenon - was in coles carpark at about 11pm, there was a whole one car in the carpark, toward the back of the carpark, car comes in parks right beside it. I asked the guy why you park there, he said "because the other guy was there" I said "but there is many much closer spots to the door of the supermarket" with that he mumbled something about me minding my own business...... So he did it and it seems didn't even know why which is very strange. Especially when you consider that people on a bus will do their level best to be as far away from each other as is possible :

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2009, 01:50 AM   #182
Bobman
Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
I too have witnessed this phenomenon - was in coles carpark at about 11pm, there was a whole one car in the carpark, toward the back of the carpark, car comes in parks right beside it. I asked the guy why you park there, he said "because the other guy was there"
Heh, yeah I've seen this as well.

Actually, if you think about it, a lot of people are just "sheep" in the grand scheme of things. Take an example of road works or some other hazard ahead and cars will go through side streets. Most cars follow the one in front, even if the car in front doesn't know where it's going. Have seen this and about 5 cars ended up in a no through road because they followed the leader.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2009, 03:34 AM   #183
gemini

I have to tell you about this time me and my bro went to Hungry Jacks drive thru. We were behind this Soara and the owner was talking into the speaker ordering his food. Now this woman with a shopping trolly full of food entered the drive thru from the exit and was trying to make her way out to the entry. She notices the Soara and squeezes past his car scratching the ever loving crap out of this cars side.

The dude never came out to confront her or anything which tripped me out. She starts coming towards our car ( 300zx ) and i open my window and say to her not to come near our car or else she is gonna scratch it. She ignored me and keeps coming. She tried squeezing thru so i leaned out, grabbed her trolly and pushed it away.

She starts yelling at me and i start yelling back at her and told her that she scratched the crap out of that other car and she is not gonna do the same to our car. I offered to help her take the trolly out of the drive thru over the large curb but she ignored me. Once again she tried again so i pushed it away and called her a stupid retard ( i felt bad calling her that after but wow). She then started yelling and said "you cant talk to me like that blah blah blah" She managed to get out from the other side without hitting our car.

I should of got her details ( follow her to her car ) but a large dude following a woman in a carpark at night wont look to good and plus i was gob smacked at why she decided to go through the drive thru. :
gemini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2009, 11:09 AM   #184
Poidevin

Well this sort of stuff always happens in carparks, thank christ my car has never been hit so far. But I now have a plan, everytime anyone parks next to me or I park next to a car I always get a photo of their number plate, just on the off chance that if they do hit my car I can just report them straight to the police. Taking a picture of their number plate is also good because if they see you doing it they act hell cautious around your car.
Poidevin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2009, 11:33 AM   #185
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Respect needs to be instilled from a very young age.

I just spent 5 weeks in Sth Korea... No graffiti, spotlessly clean and unmarked trains, taxi and bus drivers who wear a suit and tie and will never watch a passenger try and handle their own heavy bags.

I arrive this morning... I get the train only to read the dozens of messages left etched in the glass and walls by others.. I watch 3 security guards march some tool of the train because he thought he was one of the elite many who think public transport should not be paid for.

It has nothing to do with personal space. Koreans practically live in each other's pockets...

I don't know what the answer is, but the solution will be tougher to implement the longer we leave it.
hey Yellow_Festiva, i know what you're saying as i have had several Korean friends over the years. i absolutely admire their culture and the level of respect they have towards each other and other cultures, but do you really think it's fair to set such a goal for ourselves? can you imagine how many generations it would take???

we're just a different culture and we are a lot more relaxed, and that's one of the things that makes us different to other countries. we have good and bad, all in our own way.

having said all that, i think there is a lot we can do to improve our standards and quality of life, i don't mean to start a political debate, but i think we need more police presence on our roads, specially up here in QLD. but who's fault is that? everyone blames the police, but it's more complicated.
Unco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2009, 11:43 AM   #186
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My Dad only has a 2003 Mazda 323 Astina Shades, not the best car in the world, but its still his and he payed for it new. Anyways, within the first week of him getting it, my next door neighbours grandpa reversed into the drivers door leaving a huge dint and big scratch up the side of it. The grandpa ended up paying to get that fixed.

Now the car park incidents, within the first year he has this huge yellow stripe on the passenger side door from the car park, all assorted white scrapes and scratches, just recently his car got milkshaked too. He doesn't wash his car because it brings out all the scratch and scrape marks haha.

He clearly doesn't care for cars anymore after what happened to his (He still tries not to do it to others though).
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #187
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini
I have to tell you about this time me and my bro went to Hungry Jacks drive thru. We were behind this Soara and the owner was talking into the speaker ordering his food. Now this woman with a shopping trolly full of food entered the drive thru from the exit and was trying to make her way out to the entry. She notices the Soara and squeezes past his car scratching the ever loving crap out of this cars side.

The dude never came out to confront her or anything which tripped me out. She starts coming towards our car ( 300zx ) and i open my window and say to her not to come near our car or else she is gonna scratch it. She ignored me and keeps coming. She tried squeezing thru so i leaned out, grabbed her trolly and pushed it away.

She starts yelling at me and i start yelling back at her and told her that she scratched the crap out of that other car and she is not gonna do the same to our car. I offered to help her take the trolly out of the drive thru over the large curb but she ignored me. Once again she tried again so i pushed it away and called her a stupid retard ( i felt bad calling her that after but wow). She then started yelling and said "you cant talk to me like that blah blah blah" She managed to get out from the other side without hitting our car.

I should of got her details ( follow her to her car ) but a large dude following a woman in a carpark at night wont look to good and plus i was gob smacked at why she decided to go through the drive thru. :
This is without a doubt the dumbest move ever, its a DRIVE THRU hello cars hurt people. I agree she is a RETARD and you were right to call her that, it is a very retarded thing to do pushing a trolley thru a drive thru, it defies logic and it is truly difficult to believe that someone lived passed 5 being that dumb.

Old 28-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #188
gemini

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
This is without a doubt the dumbest move ever, its a DRIVE THRU hello cars hurt people. I agree she is a RETARD and you were right to call her that, it is a very retarded thing to do pushing a trolley thru a drive thru, it defies logic and it is truly difficult to believe that someone lived passed 5 being that dumb.
Yeah i wish i had my camera with me because i have told this story on another forum and have been called a liar because its just so... bizarre.
gemini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #189
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok here we go not car related but

:

Me and my family decided to goto pizza hut for tea, I don't get more than one night off a week usually and that is how I decided to spend it. A pack of <*******> decided to go as well, and just be general asshats. they deliberately threw slices of pizza on the floor, then proceeded to trash the salad bar to a point where 4 staff members had to come out strip it and replace everything. They thought it was fantastic fun and then decided to trash the dessert bar, mousse everywhere broken leaking soft serve machine and they seemed to think that it was great fun making the staff work and ruining everybody elses' night out. Then decided to duck out without paying. And the abusive language my children were subjected to was off the scale, its not some dingy pub its a family restaurant. Just made me so fricking mad I had to share. Maybe my night off next week won't be ruined by asshats.

:

Old 11-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #190
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

when I worked in a large buffet restaurant we had a similar situation. We sent the supervisor dish washer out to sort them out. Big boy, he ordered them to clean up the filth then apologize to the patrons, then told them not to show up again. About 7-8 18 yr olds got cowed was quite entertaining.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #191
ch33z1l
Dawn

For Australia Day, we were having a meal at Albury/Wodonga KFC after floating down the river, and 4or5 teenagers spread coleslaw, beer, potato and gravy in the area they were sitting and it was a disgrace for staff and people walking in to see.
Young girl came over with a bucket and sponge, and we said...'i think ur going to need a larger sponge' it was that bad!
ch33z1l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #192
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch33z1l
For Australia Day, we were having a meal at Albury/Wodonga KFC after floating down the river, and 4or5 teenagers spread coleslaw, beer, potato and gravy in the area they were sitting and it was a disgrace for staff and people walking in to see.
Young girl came over with a bucket and sponge, and we said...'i think ur going to need a larger sponge' it was that bad!
sounds like a hose job

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2009, 08:03 PM   #193
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
sounds like a hose job
yes hose the people that made the mess

Old 12-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #194
ImpGonads
Fart Powered™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiginmackay
Don't worry, its only a matter of time. Just keep hitting other peoples property with your tyre iron.

Its worth remembering that the laws that shape our society don't revolve around your 'eye for en eye' way of settling things, so when someone does get the police involved, don't expect them to go easy on you.
Quote:
"An eye for an eye leaves everybody blind"™
- Guru Pitka "The Love Guru"
: