Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 26-04-2020, 05:26 PM   #2251
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
So if someone has a serious but non fatal gunshot wound which gets a toxic infection and that person dies, what is the cause of death???

Stupidity, because should have gone to hospital?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This user likes this post:
Old 26-04-2020, 05:28 PM   #2252
superyob
Banned

Agreed FGS, but I am trying to make a comparison as to cause of death; with earlier argument...
Old 26-04-2020, 05:30 PM   #2253
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So if someone has a serious but non fatal gunshot wound which gets a toxic infection and that person dies, what is the cause of death???
Could read something like this..

CNN BREAKING NEWS
Man falls into active volcano dies from coronavirus.
4 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2020, 05:41 PM   #2254
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Stupidity, because should have gone to hospital?

It'll be recorded as a Covid-19 death. Hospital administrators are telling staff to record almost every death associated with CV19 as a CV19 death.
Old 26-04-2020, 05:41 PM   #2255
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Fox News Breaking:

Bathing in volcano lava kills Coronavirus

5 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2020, 05:44 PM   #2256
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cor...ng-b881530324z

Not good enough. The Premier and Prime Minister need to relax all restrictions and open the economy back up. Over 700,000 additional Australians are now unemployed caused directly by the government, we've not yet seen the destruction the government will cause to the housing sector, expect at least a 20% drop in property values. All this fear based on lies and false modelling. We've had our 30 day trial of communism, now lets get back to normality.

What I'm more interested in is hearing from the hundred of thousands of Australian's who've lost their income, livelihoods or business due to the government's actions. Furthermore, when are we going to see teachers and government sector workers take a pay cut to bring them inline with the $750 per week job keeper allowance paid by the government to employers? Aren't we all in this together, if so, we all have to share the pain.

It's with great interest I note those who are making the decisions that destroy the livelihood of hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Australians, aren't affected themselves. And we're supposed to trust them?
No wonder civil unrest is on the uprise.
5 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2020, 05:53 PM   #2257
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Fox News Breaking:

Bathing in volcano lava kills Coronavirus

Is this available for intravenous use?
3 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2020, 06:07 PM   #2258
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post

What I'm more interested in is hearing from the hundred of thousands of Australian's who've lost their income, livelihoods or business due to the government's actions. Furthermore, when are we going to see teachers and government sector workers take a pay cut to bring them inline with the $750 per week job keeper allowance paid by the government to employers? Aren't we all in this together, if so, we all have to share the pain.
Umm, correct me if im wrong but getting $750 Job Keeper doesn't mean you have to take a pay cut, it just means the Government subsidise the first $750 of your standard weekly income, so if I was on 1k before COVID19 i'd still be getting 1k, but my employer would only be contributing $250pw.
People earning less than $750pw are now getting more.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2020, 06:09 PM   #2259
superyob
Banned

Quote:
https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cor...ng-b881530324z

Not good enough. The Premier and Prime Minister need to relax all restrictions and open the economy back up. Over 700,000 additional Australians are now unemployed caused directly by the government, we've not yet seen the destruction the government will cause to the housing sector, expect at least a 20% drop in property values. All this fear based on lies and false modelling. We've had our 30 day trial of communism, now lets get back to normality.

It's with great interest I note those who are making the decisions that destroy the livelihood of hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Australians, aren't affected themselves. And we're supposed to trust them?
Sunday and everywhere is buzzing with activity. Car parks are full, the barbarians are roaming and... no Armageddon??? Who'd a thunk it...

I think we have restrictions in name only. Nobody is actually taking any notice of them...
2 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2020, 06:12 PM   #2260
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
[url]
It is ? I must have missed the memo on that one. Well they to have got this part right

2 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2020, 06:14 PM   #2261
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

This is what I alluded to happening in Sydney now. Everyone has their perfect reason for whatever it is.

And, fancy the beaches getting crowded when the patronage they might receive between 6:00AM and midnight all try to squeeze into three hours!
Old 26-04-2020, 07:20 PM   #2262
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross 1 View Post
Is this available for intravenous use?
Only with the porcelain deluxe upgrade. Comes with floor mats too.
Old 26-04-2020, 08:10 PM   #2263
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If airlines are to fly again does it mean that they will have to take out every 2nd row of seats and every 2nd seat in the remaining rows?
Old 26-04-2020, 08:20 PM   #2264
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Default Covid 19 -

Done! And my personal freedom doesn’t seem to have been affected

Hmmm, why’s that black Ford Bronco sitting out the front of my house?
Old 26-04-2020, 08:24 PM   #2265
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Sunday and everywhere is buzzing with activity. Car parks are full, the barbarians are roaming and... no Armageddon??? Who'd a thunk it...
Thunk? I’m not surprised “you’ve” used that word.

Thought....
Old 26-04-2020, 08:25 PM   #2266
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:

Watch out the “tin foil hat looneys” will have something for you soon 👍
2 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2020, 08:25 PM   #2267
yakcam
I drank what?

Quote:

The new Bronco's out?
Old 26-04-2020, 08:27 PM   #2268
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People queuing up to get into Bunnings today. Decided I didn't need to get in there that badly.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
Old 26-04-2020, 08:33 PM   #2269
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So the app has been released tonight. Who is using it?

A few concerns for me:
1) the proposed laws protecting privacy sounds "ok" but it wont be passed until end of May when parliament sits again?
2) they tell us data is only stored on your phone encrypted....what is Amazon storing on their servers then?
3) the US have an act that allows their government to access data held by any US company in ANY jurisdiction. Mr Hunt tells us even the court can't give permission for the data to be access by anyone outside state and federal health departments. So who's laws has greater power?
4) I read on the ABC that the app will only record if you have come in contact with someone within 1.5m. As far as I know, bluetooth cant be accurately used to determine distance between two devices. So how are they doing it?!

And why the fudge have we awarded the contract to a foreign company that pays 2% tax here, and have half their workforce in the US on food stamps?!?!?!?!!?
Old 26-04-2020, 08:36 PM   #2270
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
Thunk? I’m not surprised “you’ve” used that word.

Thought....
Me fail English? That's unpossible...
3 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2020, 08:53 PM   #2271
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post

A few concerns for me:
1) the proposed laws protecting privacy sounds "ok" but it wont be passed until end of May when parliament sits again?
2) they tell us data is only stored on your phone encrypted....what is Amazon storing on their servers then?
3) the US have an act that allows their government to access data held by any US company in ANY jurisdiction. Mr Hunt tells us even the court can't give permission for the data to be access by anyone outside state and federal health departments. So who's laws has greater power?
4) I read on the ABC that the app will only record if you have come in contact with someone within 1.5m. As far as I know, bluetooth cant be accurately used to determine distance between two devices. So how are they doing it?!

And why the fudge have we awarded the contract to a foreign company that pays 2% tax here, and have half their workforce in the US on food stamps?!?!?!?!!?
Not sure about the last bit, however offshoring the storage of the data they say they’re not collecting, was a poor move. Am I correct in understanding the app is not open-source after all?

An interesting test on what’s monitored, would be to pop a SIM in a cheap phone with the app loaded, and send it around the place in pseudo-defiance of the travel restrictions.
Old 26-04-2020, 09:03 PM   #2272
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This dude needs to run for president
https://youtu.be/GLcNStHTDjM

WARNING: This clip is not family friendly with plenty of swearing and inappropriate language.

Last edited by PG2; 26-04-2020 at 09:14 PM.
8 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2020, 09:11 PM   #2273
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Umm, correct me if im wrong but getting $750 Job Keeper doesn't mean you have to take a pay cut, it just means the Government subsidise the first $750 of your standard weekly income, so if I was on 1k before COVID19 i'd still be getting 1k, but my employer would only be contributing $250pw.
People earning less than $750pw are now getting more.
I'll correct you as you're wrong. The job keeper allowance (subject to eligibility) subsides an employees wage should the employer decide to keep the worker. If you were on $1k per week, but I couldnt afford to keep you on anymore I'd offer you the $750 per week or the door. It'd be your choice to take the $750 ( and perhaps reduced hours or a change in roster) or to walk.........
Old 26-04-2020, 09:18 PM   #2274
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If it's compulsory I absolutely won't download it.
If it's not compulsory, I choose not to download it.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2020, 09:19 PM   #2275
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ronavirus.html

Those of you know who this is will see the irony given the controversy of President Trumps disinfectant comment.
Old 26-04-2020, 09:33 PM   #2276
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
You see what Trump did there with the injection or ingestion comments?

The media went mad at Trump suggesting these chemicals be swallowed or injected, it'll kill or poison people these media whores scream.

Yet, the same ingredients are used in vaccines and injected, bypassing any innate immune response, and suddenly these ingredients aren't poisonous?
Old 26-04-2020, 09:49 PM   #2277
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was wondering when the anti vaxxer rant would pop up again
4 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2020, 09:58 PM   #2278
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:

A few concerns for me:

Both myself and my wife have downloaded it. The potential benefit and gain from it far outweigh the chance that I want to go on a crime spree and avoid getting tracked by the AFP. State Police won't even have access to the data. We're both intelligent enough to know the app isn't going to infringe on our freedom, and we'll get much less (zero) advertising thrown at us than Google or Facebook.

But the foil hat brigade will think different.

2016 Ford Falcon FG/X XR6 Turbo you beaut ute
1985 XR4Ti Sierra - Build Thread
1971 Fairlane 500
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them
2 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2020, 09:58 PM   #2279
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
I was wondering when the anti vaxxer rant would pop up again
Nah bloke, I'm pro vaccine. I suggest you get a couple of flu and meningococcal vaccines and sign up for the Covid-19 vaccine trials as well.

Nothing quite like signalling your confidence in these products by rolling your sleeve up and volunteering.
Old 26-04-2020, 10:02 PM   #2280
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Nah bloke, I'm pro vaccine. I suggest you get a couple of flu and meningococcal vaccines and sign up for the Covid-19 vaccine trials as well.

Nothing quite like signalling your confidence in these products by rolling your sleeve up and volunteering.
I get the flu shot every year, as do my two daughters and wife. Both daughters are type 1 diabetic so compromised immune system. Really not worth the risk not getting it.
Closed Thread