Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #211
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ghost experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPXR6T
My father volunteers at the St Arnaud historical society just down the road. He dug out of the archives an old photo of some locals who had shot a big cat out that way. I'll see if I can get the picture. Think its on my facebook page somewhere.
Scan of the original photo. From memory on the back on the photo it had written the year and place shot.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #212
toothless
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i came across this one night and the ***** didn't turn my pc off

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xYPQct6ITU...400/casper.jpg
Old 16-05-2012, 12:24 AM   #213
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Just read through this whole thread; very interesting stuff. While I don't believe in this kind of stuff, I'll be turning all the lights on when I go to the bathroom in a minute.

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw
MWTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2012, 12:48 AM   #214
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Just to add my little story.

When I was 8 I fell down a cliff around 45 feet, sliding some of it, falling the rest, narrowly avoiding sharp rocks and gushing torrents of water. Apparently this is an extremely stressful thing for someone to go through, especially such a young person. It never bothered me (neither did being hit by a 4WD at 14 but hey, maybe I deal with things differently), but my parents told me that it would affect me (which is what my parents told me when I told them about the following story).

Anyway, my house is double storey, and my old bedroom is perpendicular to the staircase. So basically, in bed if my door was open, I could watch the stairs from a side view. I would wake up during the night often due to discomfort of my cast on my leg, only to see a figure moving quite quickly up and down the stairs, only moving across 3 or 4 stairs and not the whole run. It looked like my mum in her dressing gown, so I figured it was just her and went back to sleep.

This continued many nights. Then, when my leg was better, I woke up during the night again and saw it, but this time it continued all the way down the stairs. I thought it was mum going down for a midnight snack, so I followed down to the kitchen, only to find all the lights off and mum nowhere to be found. I checked her room and she was there sleeping.

13 years later at 21, I realise it was my young mind making images of nothing from the small amounts of light available, but still, it freaks me out to this day regardless of my beliefs and knowledge.

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

315rwkw

Last edited by MWTB; 16-05-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Old 16-05-2012, 01:18 AM   #215
Dr Jekkyl

I consider myself a man of science but have twice encountered situations whereby I could come up with no explaination for what I witnessed. As such I am open to the possibility of the supernatural, but not convinced.

The first experience I had was when staying with an aunty and uncle of mine. Their son, my cousin, to whom I was very attached, had drowned around 6 months previously. During that time I was woken from my sleep on several occasions by the TV in the room turned on and at full volume. The globes of the lights in the room blew on 5 occasions in 3 days. The scariest thing however was the analogue clock on the wall going backwards. I talked to my aunty about it and she said she had experienced similar things. The family moved not long after that and the phenomena seems not to have followed them.

The second experience was in a share house in Fitzroy North. There was 3 of us living there and we all had stuff happen to us. Mostly it was things going missing (i.e. car keys, phones, etc) and turning up somewhere else. One night though we had doors repeatedly violently opening and closing for about an hour followed by knocking at the windows at the rear of the house.

When our tenancy ended we were approached by the neighbours who told us that a partner of one of the previous tenants had hanged themselves in the backyard. Interestingly, an acquaintance of mine who considers themselves very much in tune with the supernatural came to our housewarming only to leave after about 15 mins citing 'bad vibes'. They refused to come back too.

I am not exactly a 'believer' but given the above I keep an open mind.
Dr Jekkyl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2012, 03:09 AM   #216
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

I personally dont believe in ghosts as such but have had things happen that couldnt be explained.

Call me weird or whatever but sometimes I get dejavu and it scares the crap out of me. I can have a dream then a few weeks or even months later it happens and I can remember certain details right down to what people will say or do next. Its only happened a few times but still freaky. My family know I can do this and mums pretty good about it but still spooks me out.

Once in highschool I was with a few mates at the ag farm and the science class were launching bottle rockets on the school oval beside us. There were the exact same people there doing the exact same actions and talking about the same thing. I sorta just froze there and freaked out a bit.

Another was at one of our old houses I was out the back and my aunty was at the back door talking to us. I had seen the exact same convo, clothes and position of people before.

The best I have had was when doing something with my brother and out of no where I paused and actually told him I've seen this before and told him what someone was about to do and say. Sure enough it happened and we didnt know what to say.

It hasnt happened in for a fair while now but then again its at random times.

Some other random things I cant explain..

My older sister Shandy passed away in 1997 after a show ride accident in Rylstone. One of my brothers Corey was born in 1998 but use to swear he remembered his sister and had spoken to her when he was younger.

Also my dad passed away in 2000 two weeks before my 10th birthday after years of kidney problems and dialysis. Over the years I reckon there have been times when it feels like he has been there watching me do things and its like I can feel and smell he is near me.

People will think it's all lies and I'm crazy but its just my own experiences.

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2012, 03:41 AM   #217
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The problems begin when someone sees a light in the sky, hears a noise, sees something out of the corner of their eye in an old house, and immediately jumps to one and only one conclusion: something supernatural, and doesn't bother to consider what other causes there might be. "Confirmation bias" means that if you already have a belief in this sort of stuff, either strong or weak, you will look for an explanation that will back up your already-existing belief.

However if you keep plodding away and investigating, there will always be a rational explanation for whatever it is you saw, heard, or think you witnessed (or possibly didn't witness...the mind does play tricks on you in situations like old houses at night). Possibly there won't be one right away as it is beyond what you understand, but it'll be there, trust me.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #218
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was watching the fireworks going off in the park from our backyard on new years eve 2009,

the back neighbour. a lovely old greek feller whom I have had many good fence-line conversations with over the years, sung out to me

I walked across and had a bit of a yak with him, couldn't see him much, it's pretty dark down in that corner of the yard and the fence was mostly covered in vines

anyway we yakked for about 20 minutes and after a while I said I was going to bed, I said goodnight and he said "goodbye Dave"

I thought it very strange at the time that he said goodbye but thought little of it

speaking to the wife the next morning about how lovely the fireworks were and how Jimmy was very talkative and seemed happy and well

she said don't be stupid......I said why......she said he died last week!!!.....buried last monday

never could find a rational explanation for that nor the figure that sometimes stands at the end of our bed ever since my niece was killed in a car accident at Mt Burr, we were very close......

I'm generally not a believer but there are things going on that some folks are susceptible to that others arent........

we visited the Port Arthur prison a few years back, I didn't see anything that I could not explain away but there was a girl there that would not stay in this one room in the commandants house

another room, by the fireplace in the parsons house sent her scurrying out as well........

I've seen a lot of things that make me go HMMmmm!

others see nothing

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #219
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

They say that the reason most of the time people see these things in bed is because they are actually asleep and dreaming.

And the being pressed down into the bed thing being unable to move or speak happened to me about two weeks ago, but it's just sleep paralysis and nothing more.

315rwkw
Old 16-05-2012, 11:40 PM   #220
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool thread. I don't believe or disbelieve anything to do with ghosts. I just don't put much thought in to it. Maybe it's possible they exist, maybe it isn't? Who really knows?

I had something unexplainable happen a few years ago, nothing ghostly or anything like that, but unusual.

A couple years ago I was sitting at home after work, looking stuff up on the computer, and there was a knock at the door. I answered and there were 2 police officers standing there, they asked if my parents were home. I said no, they work down the road at the Marina as security guards. They asked if my oldest brother was home, I said yeah, but he's asleep. I asked if I needed to wake him, and they said don't bother, they will go see my parents down at the Marina. I asked what it was about and they said they couldn't tell me.

I thought this was unusual, why would they be looking for my parents, they're security guards, they wouldn't have broken the law as far as I could see.

So I woke my brother after they left and told him, and he said to go down the Marina and see what it's all about.

So I drove down there, and just as I was parking up in the car park, a random thought came in to my head, "Sammy's dead". One of my brothers is called Sam. I dunno why, but when that thought came into my head, I didn't think "no, that's ridiculous". I just "accepted it".

Anyway, I walked through the car park and a hundred or so meters to the restaurant where my parents would have been locking up, and I walked in and saw Mum running around crying and screaming. And she ran up to me and said "Sammy's dead, he died in a car crash tonight". I wasn't phased at all, somehow I already knew. I didn't cry, and I wasn't surprised. I just stood there and somehow already knew. Him and I were like best mates, obviously after some minutes went by I was deeply upset and cried etc... But yeah, I dunno how I knew.

I'll never forget the look on my Mum's face. I've never seen someone so upset and destroyed. Makes me try to live safely and cherish every day with her, 'cause I'd hate for her to ever go through that again. I'd never wish it on anyone. It's almost as if seeing her that way hurt me more than anything else.

Crazy.
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
stazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2012, 12:04 AM   #221
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry Re: Ghost experiences

Quote:

So I drove down there, and just as I was parking up in the car park, a random thought came in to my head, "Sammy's dead". One of my brothers is called Sam. I dunno why, but when that thought came into my head, I didn't think "no, that's ridiculous". I just "accepted it".

Anyway, I walked through the car park and a hundred or so meters to the restaurant where my parents would have been locking up, and I walked in and saw Mum running around crying and screaming. And she ran up to me and said "Sammy's dead, he died in a car crash tonight". I wasn't phased at all, somehow I already knew. I didn't cry, and I wasn't surprised. I just stood there and somehow already knew. Him and I were like best mates, obviously after some minutes went by I was deeply upset and cried etc... But yeah, I dunno how I knew.

I'll never forget the look on my Mum's face. I've never seen someone so upset and destroyed. Makes me try to live safely and cherish every day with her, 'cause I'd hate for her to ever go through that again. I'd never wish it on anyone. It's almost as if seeing her that way hurt me more than anything else.

Crazy.

Not Crazy at all I n
Know that exact feeling. I new before I left to find him what I would find, I can't explain it but like you I just knew

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #222
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

This isnt a ghost story as such, but it is freaky...

My sister Linda was killed in 1980 in a car accident. At the time i was 4 and she was 15.
She was a wild girl who had already run away from home by this stage and could look after herself if need be.
despite her tough vaneer she absolutely doted over me and took me every where she went.
From that day forward I have on occasion had the overwhelming feeling that when my back is to the wall and im out of my depth she has guided me out of trouble.
I cant put a finger on it or explain it with words but its as if a problem becomes transparent or a bad situation is evaded.

Fast forward to now and i have recently had a baby girl born. When we were thinking of names i wanted to have Linda's name in there somewhere so we called our little girl Maggie Lyn.
A hippy type friend of ours commented when seeing her that she was an old soul, then another person said it too. At first i didnt understand what they meant, but recently i've had this feeling that my Sister is no longer looking over me.
Then it dawned on me, Is it possible that the old soul felt in my baby daughter is that of her Aunt ...

Or perhaps im just losing my mind...jury's out!
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #223
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

:(

Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #224
superyob
Banned

100% sceptic by day, scared chicken by night!
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #225
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
This isnt a ghost story as such, but it is freaky...

My sister Linda was killed in 1980 in a car accident. At the time i was 4 and she was 15.
She was a wild girl who had already run away from home by this stage and could look after herself if need be.
despite her tough vaneer she absolutely doted over me and took me every where she went.
From that day forward I have on occasion had the overwhelming feeling that when my back is to the wall and im out of my depth she has guided me out of trouble.
I cant put a finger on it or explain it with words but its as if a problem becomes transparent or a bad situation is evaded.

Fast forward to now and i have recently had a baby girl born. When we were thinking of names i wanted to have Linda's name in there somewhere so we called our little girl Maggie Lyn.
A hippy type friend of ours commented when seeing her that she was an old soul, then another person said it too. At first i didnt understand what they meant, but recently i've had this feeling that my Sister is no longer looking over me.
Then it dawned on me, Is it possible that the old soul felt in my baby daughter is that of her Aunt ...

Or perhaps im just losing my mind...jury's out!

hahaha . no yur not losing your mind mate , in time you will realise that your child is unique to herself and not your sister , but she may look similar or have similar traits . it's perfectly natural what you said .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #226
mrghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i hate going to the in-laws place i have had so dodgy experiences there (older house). the missus, me and her brother and the pets were all in the lounge room watching a movie when all of a sudden we all heard children laughing at the other end of the house it made all of us jump including the pets. no one else was there and its a rural place so you done hear the neighbors. we still can explain what happened.
Another time me and my mother in-law were in the kitchen and was we went to walk out we heard a thud behind us and found a calving knife on the floor. I didnt think much of until she said that the knife was on the middle of the cupboard and wasnt near anything.
I hate being in that house alone and delay going out there if no oneis gonna be home.
Old 18-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #227
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankclare
Call me weird or whatever but sometimes I get dejavu and it scares the crap out of me. I can have a dream then a few weeks or even months later it happens and I can remember certain details right down to what people will say or do next. Its only happened a few times but still freaky. My family know I can do this and mums pretty good about it but still spooks me out.
I get Dejavu fairly regularly as well. I dream things and then catch myself playing out the events later on as they happen.

I cant remember ever having had anything spooky happening to me but I used to rent a house that the previous owner, an old lady had died there. My hippy/pagen female friend hated being at that house before I ever told her about the old lady.

Heres a link to a 4x4/camping thread on another forum (sorry) but its worth a read if you have enjoyed this thread, although grab a beer as there are around 20 pages of wierd stories from out in the bush to get through. Ignore all the BS on the first page. http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/vi...p?f=39&t=45476
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

Last edited by rancidpunx; 18-05-2012 at 10:59 PM.
rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2012, 12:28 AM   #228
Hayden1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx
Heres a link to a 4x4/camping thread on another forum (sorry) but its worth a read if you have enjoyed this thread, although grab a beer as there are around 20 pages of wierd stories from out in the bush to get through. Ignore all the BS on the first page. http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/vi...p?f=39&t=45476
I've read that thread and it is GREAT! It took me a couple of nights but the stories in there are so good
Hayden1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #229
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I often get this "dejavu" stuff.........quite often I can see the future

as an example I was out in the shed the other night, came inside and happened to walk some grease on the carpet

I thought ...."self you're gonna cop it for this"........sure enough within the hour my predictions were proved correct

fire and brimstone were the order for the day.......hot tongue and cold shoulder for tea!.......spooky stuff!

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 20-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #230
jamesson1980
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcxr
My GF and I did the Ararat Lunatic Asylum tour a couple of weeks ago. It was an eery, drizzly evening, but no spooks to be seen. But gee, what a horrible place to be housed in. 1200 patients and 800 workers. Eventually they just opened the gates and let them out.
The place is horrendous. I went there just before Xmas. They mentioned banging was often heard in the mens wing and sure enough we heard that. Assuming it was another staff member banging on a door to add atmosphere, my brother and I and two other gents snuck away from the group and went to find the origin of the noise. We found nothing, it seemed to be coming from everywhere except where we stood.. very spooky. As was the next 20 minutes as we blundered our way in total darkness trying to find the group with the lanterns.. the long haired tour guide just gave us a knowing nod and half smile (creepy guy he was).

2009 FG XR6, Ego Paint, Darkest possible tint, Sunroof, Black Vic number plates. No performance mods. Born To Be Mild
jamesson1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #231
gtfpv
GT

anyone ever been sprung by a ghost spanking the monkey ? that would be one of my worst fears , especially if it was a grand parent , or someone you know . for this reason i hope thAT GHOSTS DONT EXIST IN THIS REALM .

CAUSE IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT , IF THIS CAN BE POSSIBLE THEN ONE DAY YOU WILL BE MEETING THEM AGAIN , i'm sure yours and thier veiws may then be altered .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #232
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah, I have. Except it was my girlfriend, not a grand parent.

Oh yeah, and she's not dead either
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #233
outside
off in outer space

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx
i read the whole thread, makes you think who or what is out there
Old 21-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #234
Falconxf88

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf

we visited the Port Arthur prison a few years back, I didn't see anything that I could not explain away but there was a girl there that would not stay in this one room in the commandants house

others see nothing
******* that place. I couldnt bring myself to walking into that pink room i think it was up towards the back of the house if i remember correctly, I totally felt like I was not allowed in there. I literally went and waited outside for the parents to come back out after that. I was only about 13 or so.

And of course the camera they went in with decided not to record any photo we took to the film in that house.

Ive got plenty of stories and a few photos from that place, Ill try find them.
Falconxf88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #235
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconxf88
******* that place. I couldnt bring myself to walking into that pink room i think it was up towards the back of the house if i remember correctly, I totally felt like I was not allowed in there. I literally went and waited outside for the parents to come back out after that. I was only about 13 or so.

And of course the camera they went in with decided not to record any photo we took to the film in that house.

Ive got plenty of stories and a few photos from that place, Ill try find them.

yes i know the "feelings" particularly in the parsonage....I got them and I seen "movements" from the corners of my eyes but when turning toward the movement there was nothing there

a lot of areas in the rooms were very cold and a general feeling of "unwelcome".....I heard unexplained whispering "voices" that raised the hackles on my neck and also foot traffic when my wife and I were the only ones there

the chapel in the mens solitary was another place.....I went into one of the cubicles and felt very uncomfortable and unwelcome

we took photos of the interior and a couple of strange,. whispy "things" came out on the shots

I took photos of a few graves on the Isle of the dead and got a couple of weird images in the shots

sarah island was another place full of mystery and unexplained "happenings"