Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-06-2009, 07:56 PM   #211
bindaz
BINDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
bindaz I'd suspect that if you're after a manual non-turbo , then he'd have to build a new one through Ford and thus place an order for a July or most probably August build. There wouldn't be many/any manual XR6 sedans in Dealer stock, especially not now after the almost full 2 months of this firends program. If that's the case he'd be quoting the cheapest he can on a non-eligible vehicle.

If that's the case, friends pricing does not apply and $39k drive away sounds right on the money, considering an XR6 costs about $40,990 plus on roads from memory. It used ot be $39,990 but there was a price rise about 3 months ago. That would mean it's normally around $43-44k drive away. $39k D.A would be a $4-5 discount which to me is pretty sharp.

Remember the Ford friends cars are only for vehicles in stock up to and including June build, not for new cars placed into build for future months.

If you're keen on the cheaper price, or even the $35,888 D/A price theyv'e been advertising, it's on pre-June build vehicles. I suspect the only way to find an XR6 eligible is in automatic.
This is a valid June built car... they have 2 in stock.. and the voucher is valid for June builds... thus its valid with the voucher, and yes im aware that the ford friends cars are for vehiles in stock.. thus the question regarding the price... i was and am aware of the terms and conditions... as earlier stated they have extended the option to June built cars..
bindaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #212
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Hey no probs, was just helping clarify. If it's a June manual in stock, $39k isn't even in the same state, let alone close to the price!

Considering the retail offer at the moment is $35,888 Drive Away for manual or 5speed auto, and Friend's price is lower again, $39k sounds like he MUST have mixed up the turbo price. It can't be right.
Old 21-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #213
bindaz
BINDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Hey no probs, was just helping clarify. If it's a June manual in stock, $39k isn't even in the same state, let alone close to the price!

Considering the retail offer at the moment is $35,888 Drive Away for manual or 5speed auto, and Friend's price is lower again, $39k sounds like he MUST have mixed up the turbo price. It can't be right.
Thats ok. As per above it wasnt quoting via a Turbo. Myself and my mate saw the screen itself at the dealiership and stated exactly an FG XR6 Manual seden.. he didnt select the other option for a turbo... so thus no he didnt quote on a turbo... they have 2 standard XR6 non turbo manual in stock.. (see carsales) you wll see the 2 im refering to.. but yeah... he definately didnt select the turbo option... which is where the whole issues is as 39k with voucher i dont see that being correct as per conversations with others... so his being a dodgy THING! lol.. but thanks for the info
Old 22-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #214
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindaz
thanks guys... thats wat i thought... Went to the Ford Dealership in question yesterday.. took it for a test drive went bak with the guy advised him of the voucher... etc... he did his little quote on the computer... came to 44k... drive away... he then said with the discount its 39k drive away.. which i thought was a tad strange as its a standard car with a tech pack... ego paint... thats it NON turbo... mmmm strange I say.. thanks for the help.. wont be going bk there again..

Sales person is a knob...... Ring and ask to speak to the sales manager. Price of the car should be a tad under $33k drive away.
Other idea is that they just dont want to sell the car to a friends of Ford purchaser!

Good luck!
phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2009, 10:33 AM   #215
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonfan
Sales person is a knob...... Ring and ask to speak to the sales manager. Price of the car should be a tad under $33k drive away.
Other idea is that they just dont want to sell the car to a friends of Ford purchaser!

Good luck!
Ha Ha, tell 'em Andrew
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2009, 10:33 AM   #216
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yeh hes up in the sky...

You could buy it retial at 35888 with the current deal, so why would you pay an extra 3 grand just for the privledge of having a friend who works at Ford?? :S
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #217
bindaz
BINDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonfan

Good luck!
HAHAHA yeah i got all the info of the guy to call so I will be calling today and questioning the situation.. thanks heaps to all for their help
Old 22-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #218
BlueOvalPrint

Hi guys, if ANYONE has a current voucher going pls PM me ASAP, will pay for express post and make it worth your while, thanks in advance!
BlueOvalPrint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #219
BlueOvalPrint

Hi again, really need to find out if you have a spare Ford Family and Friends letter that you would be willing to exchange for say $100 - I have a new car lined up but I don't have the letter that I was expecting to receive from someone else and time is running out for me! I'm happy to pay for Express Post and provide you with a postal order or gift cards/vouchers for $100 as you prefer. Please PM me if you can help. Many many thanks in advance! Dean.
BlueOvalPrint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #220
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOvalPrint
Hi again, really need to find out if you have a spare Ford Family and Friends letter that you would be willing to exchange for say $100 - I have a new car lined up but I don't have the letter that I was expecting to receive from someone else and time is running out for me! I'm happy to pay for Express Post and provide you with a postal order or gift cards/vouchers for $100 as you prefer. Please PM me if you can help. Many many thanks in advance! Dean.

forget it mate . this thread is a complete crock. i also enquired with no offers . it is just people crapping on about fantastic deals that more or less hardly exist . it is all talk . and most people posting here are running with GOSSIP.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #221
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
forget it mate . this thread is a complete crock. i also enquired with no offers . it is just people crapping on about fantastic deals that more or less hardly exist . it is all talk . and most people posting here are running with GOSSIP.

Yep, everyone is wrong and you are right.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #222
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
No it's not a crock.

Think of it from our point of view for a minute. We are providing a privilege to somebody that is essentially a 'cyber' friend. There is an element of trust here that is an unknown. It's a risk for any Ford employee to put their name on that approval letter for somebody they do not know, yet the employee is held accountable if said 'cyber' friend decides to cash in on purchase within 11 months.

I have helped one member from here, sorry I couldn't help more, but it is a risk we are taking.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #223
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:

Actually the problem is by the time it was posted on here most of the eligible cars were gone. It was on LS1 before it was on here. But at the end of the day this voucher wasn't for the public but people in the know.
Old 23-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #224
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's still possible if you can get a voucher. There aren't a lot of cars out there but it's not completely over. If you like G6E Turbos there are a few about still !
Old 23-06-2009, 01:35 PM   #225
Ego T

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
No it's not a crock.

Think of it from our point of view for a minute. We are providing a privilege to somebody that is essentially a 'cyber' friend. There is an element of trust here that is an unknown. It's a risk for any Ford employee to put their name on that approval letter for somebody they do not know, yet the employee is held accountable if said 'cyber' friend decides to cash in on purchase within 11 months.

I have helped one member from here, sorry I couldn't help more, but it is a risk we are taking.

I have secured a vehicle under this deal. A member on here kindly provided me with a voucher. I read the terms and conditions and it is a big risk he is taking, he could potentially lose his job over it! Certainly not to be taken lightly. I have not met this bloke but owe him big time for his help.

You know who you are :
Ego T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2009, 02:36 PM   #226
gtfpv
GT

why is this on a public forum . . ?? on the last few posts . i think it is only right to close this thread ???
Old 23-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #227
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Jeez man, take a chill pill.
Old 24-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #228
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

700 cars sold under the deal so far since May 1st.
Old 24-06-2009, 12:52 PM   #229
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Myself personally, I would never ask someone who wasnt a friend for this voucher.

In these times I wouldnt want to jeopardise anyones employment!

Good on those ppl for helping out others who they dont even know.
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2009, 12:58 PM   #230
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Fair go mate..

I am all about promoting Ford. I did this so anyone who knew a friend at Ford could possibly contact them and use a voucher. I didn't do it to cause trouble, just promoting Ford really.

On another note im a little dissapointed with how Ford have handled the 50% investment allowance, especially with regard to XR6 sedans and utes. Theres is a huge amount of enquiry for the $35888 xr6 sedans and also utes due to the 50% investment allowance, but as Ford didnt build enough cars theres no where near enough stock to cover demand!

Ford should have realised this and taken the punt back in May / early June and built another 500 - 600 XR6 sedans and utes, even if they didnt sell them they coulda tuned July down...
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #231
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

why is it a crock

my contact works in the engine plant here in geelong and last night he told me that he had to work overtime for the first time in 12 months

and that is due to both the friends deal and the 50% thing the gov is putting up

this has given people the things they need / want

i for one would take this deal up if i was working full time

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2009, 02:00 PM   #232
Ego T

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Myself personally, I would never ask someone who wasnt a friend for this voucher.

In these times I wouldnt want to jeopardise anyones employment!

Good on those ppl for helping out others who they dont even know.

I know what you are saying and I gave my contact the opportunity to make sure it was OK with Ford to provide me with a voucher, which he did check and it was deemed to be OK. At the end of the day it was all about selling more vehicles which it has I reckon.

I was going to buy another Commonwhore but bought a Falcon as it was such a good deal, so it worked on me.
Old 24-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #233
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit

On another note im a little dissapointed with how Ford have handled the 50% investment allowance, especially with regard to XR6 sedans and utes. Theres is a huge amount of enquiry for the $35888 xr6 sedans and also utes due to the 50% investment allowance, but as Ford didnt build enough cars theres no where near enough stock to cover demand!
There are bucket loads of FG XR6's around, at least in melbourne, and Ford still has them sitting on grass! Utes are a bit tight, but thats always the way with the end of Financial year.
phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #234
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
To start with the 35888 price is only for PRE May built falcons. Mostly likely to clean up old stock.. No point making more in May/ Jun when the lower price does not include them!!

Secound, Hinsight is a great thing!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #235
LaudTheFord
Starter Motor

I have read the conditions and the employee is not subject to any risk. The terms relating to disciplinary action and possible dismissal are only where the employee claims a family member is not related. (Family members are not eligible for the friends discount for tax reasons. Absurd I know.)

The condition relating to selling within 11 months (why would you!!) has penalties for the purchaser not for the employee.

I myself am the recipient of a voucher kindly donated by a member on this forum. I have finalised my purchase today. The dealer told me that today is the last day to purchase under this scheme and Ford is discontinuing it from tonight.

If the dealer has got this right (and I have no reason to doubt him) then you have only a few hours left to get your orders in.
LaudTheFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #236
Ego T

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaudTheFord
I have read the conditions and the employee is not subject to any risk. The terms relating to disciplinary action and possible dismissal are only where the employee claims a family member is not related. (Family members are not eligible for the friends discount for tax reasons. Absurd I know.)

The condition relating to selling within 11 months (why would you!!) has penalties for the purchaser not for the employee.

I myself am the recipient of a voucher kindly donated by a member on this forum. I have finalised my purchase today. The dealer told me that today is the last day to purchase under this scheme and Ford is discontinuing it from tonight.

If the dealer has got this right (and I have no reason to doubt him) then you have only a few hours left to get your orders in.
Well done getting in in time:

It's an awesome deal.

What did you end up buying?
Old 24-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #237
LaudTheFord
Starter Motor

Yes just in the nick of time.

I am getting a G6ET, ego with the dark leather and 19" rims. I was very happy to find one as they seem pretty popular under this deal.

It should be ready on Monday.

Any idea what fuel to feed the turbo? I recall reading somewhere it needs 95 RON but would this include the ethanol mix 95 RON you get from Shell servos?
LaudTheFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #238
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Orders can can be placed up until June 30 providing cars are delivered by then also.
Old 24-06-2009, 08:28 PM   #239
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It looks like everything has fallen together
I have car ( deposit paid )
I have the form ( thanks Shane ! )
I have finance ...
hopefully I will be pottering around this weekend in my first ever turbo....Ego G6ET. I still have the XR8 for the bent 8 fix as required, till the XA is mobile again !
So, as for this deal being untrue ... ssssssssssssssssssssssure.
Old 24-06-2009, 08:33 PM   #240
gtfpv
GT

well done. looks like i was wrong