Those are CD175s from an LJ
The LC ran 150's
Oh noes I got ripped $150
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2014, 08:48 AM   #212
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: E49 Chargers

I put a Caine Manifold on my 265 with a 500 Holley back on the day. They looked like a big Octopus.
The Hemi Motors looked awesome with the order of Inlet,Outlet,Inlet,Outlet ect, A good looking set up with Extractors compared to the Holden Six of the time that had the Inlets grouped.
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2014, 10:22 AM   #213
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
I remember at top whack just about having to lift myself out of the seat to try and see over the top of the bonnet as the nose would be so far in the air, lol.
Yea I had a short mechanic drive my car after a tune one day.He asked if it was ok to take it to 5000 Sure I said it sees that regularly.When he cracked it open in second he had to pull on the wheel to see over the bonnet.Looks at me with a grin and says bet it doesn't do that in third,I looked back and said bet it does.In third gear we were touching the ton {100mph** he's pulling on the wheel and looks back and smiles ok your right,with a laugh.

XR6 Turbo.Championship winner.
KW XRT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-07-2014, 10:56 AM   #214
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW XRT View Post
In third gear we were touching the ton {100mph** he's pulling on the wheel and looks back and smiles ok your right,with a laugh.
When i put the 4 speed out of my 265 Charger into my VG Pacer (with a couple of other mild mods) i was getting 100mph in third no prob (back in the day, unrestricted speed limits yeeha!), the only cars i coud'nt keep up with were manual GT's. Damn i miss that car!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2014, 11:35 AM   #215
hootar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yea I had a short mechanic drive my car after a tune one day.He asked if it was ok to take it to 5000 Sure I said it sees that regularly.When he cracked it open in second he had to pull on the wheel to see over the bonnet.Looks at me with a grin and says bet it doesn't do that in third,I looked back and said bet it does.In third gear we were touching the ton {100mph** he's pulling on the wheel and looks back and smiles ok your right,with a laugh.
I know this is a Ford site but this is the thread I like reading the most. Probably because I get to reminisce about the good old days and hear other similar stories. My wife recons I'm a hoarder but I recon that I just like hanging onto the good things in my life.

For me the good old days are just a flick of the roller door remote and a turn of the key way. Just getting harder to find 265 TA radials to make smoke bombs. Haha

I hope I have this much fun in the GTF
hootar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2014, 05:22 PM   #216
G6T

lol after reading this thread i caught up with a old friend we started talking about his old e38 big tank with e49 spec motor & it was modded more i think. it was fast i was talking about the night the flywheel let go & he turned 2 me & said that was the last time he drove it & he still has it up on blocks the motor is in his lounge room webbers on ready 2 be re installed that was 27 years ago.
FPV BF F6 TYPHOON in TOXIC green BUILT ENGINE & MT built ZF, FORCED PERFORMANCE turbo HTA 37r Turbo e85 26psi= 525 rwkw 1162nm its DMENTD . BUILT & TUNED by ( PROFILE AUTOSPORTS ) first time on dyno after run in =
Pacific Ford and FPV Carshow - DMENTD Dyno Run base 22psi on 98 : https://youtu.be/PoONpkk7qJE
G6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2014, 05:27 PM   #217
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

I did a hill climb on the weekend and there was a Group N spec E49 in my class (non log booked) that I got to see and hear first hand. Boy did it sound sweet!

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 09-07-2014, 08:15 PM   #218
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone know what this is.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:41 PM   #219
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yea I do
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2014, 08:45 PM   #220
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:

Is there a prize?
Old 09-07-2014, 08:53 PM   #221
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:

The sixpack development ute?
Old 09-07-2014, 10:17 PM   #222
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

That was the test mule for the E38 running gear and suspension which is why it's got a shorter wheel base than a regular ute. It's still out there somewhere I believe.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2014, 12:02 AM   #223
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
That was the test mule for the E38 running gear and suspension which is why it's got a shorter wheel base than a regular ute. It's still out there somewhere I believe.
I wonder how much it would be worth now???
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2014, 01:17 AM   #224
hootar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Yep that's a E38 2 door charger ute.
hootar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2014, 10:35 AM   #225
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippy View Post
I did a hill climb on the weekend and there was a Group N spec E49 in my class (non log booked) that I got to see and hear first hand. Boy did it sound sweet!
This is the Charger from the weekend cocking a leg, just so cool! They're such great Historic racing cars, enough power to give the big V8's a hard time and reasonably light.

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
10 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2014, 07:18 PM   #226
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Is there a prize?
Yea the reason I posted this is because this is what chrysler were testing while the charger was being built.

Two test mule utes and one hand made charger came along.There was strict orders not to bend the charger though and it was only available at certain times.

So this is one reason I believe the Charger and everyone involved did such a fantastic job.

Not saying it was perfect.Course there was a lot of things that could have been done better {4 speed for a start** but that is still the case now days.Look at the stuff ups they have made with cars today and then ponder how well the charger program went.Being a Qlder I never bought my car for it's racing history I bought for a whole host of other reasons the racing history or some might say lack there of was a bonus.One thing for certain the charger in fact has done 4000% better than most backward yokels ever gave it credit for.Thank you internet.I honestly believe that the mere fact they are still around has proven so many know it alls wrong I couldn't even count them.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:35 PM   #227
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I also believe that they intended to have the rear as a hatchback type arrangement, and also the front fenders were to have some sort of vents behind the wheels. They ran out of money so were never implemented in the original launch.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:30 AM   #228
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes cyberwasp.but equally so close to getting canned when they found out the rear of the charger held water around boot area.thats where the two gal pipes became a the fix that saved the charger.

Old 15-07-2014, 01:33 AM   #229
CB1123
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's lots of words and not many pics in this thread ... so, this one belongs to a mate of mine - took him 10 years to restore but it's freakin amazeballs .... he even printed those little paper tags that were on the wiring loom and put them on there too. ...

As for the 'it didn't win so it's crap' type of talk - well to me the bottom line is that old muscle cars are cool, doesn't matter what brand (and I'm pretty one eyed for the blue oval) - HKs, XU1s, Pacers and Chargers, of course the GTs ... they are ALL cool ...
Two wheeled ride

CB1123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2014, 08:46 AM   #230
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That restoration is superb. Very nice.
Old 15-07-2014, 11:45 AM   #231
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Charger was also wheels car of the year in 71 beating all commers

Old 15-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #232
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:

Ugly?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2014, 01:09 PM   #233
Hulsty

Charger mule ute and its still around.
Hulsty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2014, 01:57 PM   #234
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1123 View Post
There's lots of words and not many pics in this thread ... so, this one belongs to a mate of mine - took him 10 years to restore but it's freakin amazeballs .... he even printed those little paper tags that were on the wiring loom and put them on there too. ...

As for the 'it didn't win so it's crap' type of talk - well to me the bottom line is that old muscle cars are cool, doesn't matter what brand (and I'm pretty one eyed for the blue oval) - HKs, XU1s, Pacers and Chargers, of course the GTs ... they are ALL cool ...
exactly the same as my one. There were 29 Mercury Silvers ones built from memory. Mine was in a yank mag, is in Aussie books etc. Won best paint, best muscle car at a couple of shows. Was horn to drive hard
Old 15-07-2014, 06:32 PM   #235
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Charger was also wheels car of the year in 71 beating all commers
And the thread was going so well till you mentioned 'Wheels' .....They also said the Camira was car of the year along with the TX Gemini and god forbid, the Nimbus, !!!
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2014, 12:09 AM   #236
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFGXR6 View Post
And the thread was going so well till you mentioned 'Wheels' .....They also said the Camira was car of the year along with the TX Gemini and god forbid, the Nimbus, !!!
Wheels had street cred until the camira.lol

Back to the mule utes.Same guy owns both cars and I believe they are both under restoration at this time.One a 265 and one a 340.

I hear the 340 is to be blue printed to factory specs so can't wait to see if it will wind the speedo off the clock like the test drivers were saying.lol

4 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2014, 09:00 AM   #237
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFGXR6 View Post
Hey !!! Don't diss the Gemini. It was actually a pretty good car in it's day (I owned one of the early TX models for 10 years).
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2014, 09:51 AM   #238
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Sorry but Geminis' were slugs. A (not so bright), guy I knew had an early green one back in the day that he threw shirtloads of cash at, paint,wheels, exhaust, cam etc,etc. It was a shiny, growling (in a Chihuahua sort of way),..............joke, that would still struggle to keep up with my basically stock 253 4sp HQ.
On top of that, I backed into the drivers side rear corner of one one day in my HQ van from about 4ft and a standing start and it folded up like cardboard and left the rear bumper under the rear window. After I got out and walked around the back to see what I'd hit I nearly fell over at the amount of damage to the Gemi considering it took 3 of us 5 minutes to spot the small pin prik ding and paint scuff on the tailgate of my van. I could have driven away that day and denied it was me as there was no discernible damage to my van.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Last edited by Bushbasher; 16-07-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2014, 02:10 PM   #239
mcnews
Trev

Quote:
Wheels had street cred until the camira.lol

Back to the mule utes.Same guy owns both cars and I believe they are both under restoration at this time.One a 265 and one a 340.

I hear the 340 is to be blue printed to factory specs so can't wait to see if it will wind the speedo off the clock like the test drivers were saying.lol
In my Vk Charger with stroked V8 I wound the speedo round to between the Km and h on the bottom of the speedo, then, I kid you not, it started direct driving, as in the speedo needle spun around and around, stop and go in reverse and it went around the other way... Seriously.... Lasted like that for quite a while before getting noisy and then the speedo needle fell off :-)
Old 19-07-2014, 12:58 AM   #240
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
In my Vk Charger with stroked V8 I wound the speedo round to between the Km and h on the bottom of the speedo, then, I kid you not, it started direct driving, as in the speedo needle spun around and around, stop and go in reverse and it went around the other way... Seriously.... Lasted like that for quite a while before getting noisy and then the speedo needle fell off :-)
Thats a classic.

On the speedo thing my brotherinlaw wound his back to "0" on his 360.With my sister in the B&&*dy car with him.So it was no BS.He had the 727 shift kitted and it used to do these amazing chirpies into second gear.But hey 360'S don't go right,WRONG.Look up engine shoot out in USA and 360's have done their fair share of smacking other small blocks in there time.That's another story but.lol