Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-03-2014, 03:10 PM   #1
TOP DOG

Default Was central locking remotes available on AUIII wagons?

I have a ex taxi AUIII wagon which only came with one key. I asked the local ford dealer about a new key and a remote and was told no AU wagons have the remote, only sedans and utes.

Can someone please confirm this for me as the guy wasn't very convincing.

Ebay sellers are stating their remotes are for sedans, utes and wagons, but I don't want to waste money if they won't work.

Thanks

TOP DOG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2014, 03:35 PM   #2
V8falcons
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Was central locking remotes available on AUIII wagons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOP DOG View Post
I have a ex taxi AUIII wagon which only came with one key. I asked the local ford dealer about a new key and a remote and was told no AU wagons have the remote, only sedans and utes.

Can someone please confirm this for me as the guy wasn't very convincing.

Ebay sellers are stating their remotes are for sedans, utes and wagons, but I don't want to waste money if they won't work.

Thanks
I find that very hard to believe mate,for what its worth my AU2 wagon had remotes so cant see why the series 3 would be any differen,t same security system "smartsheild" ,youll just have to code it to your car.
V8falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2014, 03:48 PM   #3
TOP DOG

Thanks for that, I will order one from ebay with another key as well. I think person concerned at the ford dealer may know alot more about hindustan ambassador's than he will ever know about AU's.
TOP DOG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2014, 04:56 PM   #4
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOP DOG View Post
and was told no AU wagons have the remote, only sedans and utes.
I just
I don't
What

Every single AU that ever left broadmeadows came with a remote. Buy any old working remote off fleabay (provided it is a 4-button AU remote) and it'll work.
This user likes this post: