Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-03-2014, 11:06 AM   #1
KidRod4
Starter Motor

Question Injector Sizes

Hi Guys, can anyone tell me a bit about fuel injectors on the 5.0lt. Ive heard people talk about 19lb injectors up to 24lb injectors, Im guessing the higher the poundage, the more fuel you're gonna push through? Id like to know what sizes were used on which V8 engine? The 5.0lt engine I had in my S1 XLS Ute appears to have had the same injectors that are on the new Tickford S2 200kw engine that I have just installed. On one side of the injectors are the numbers "XS2EB5A" and on the opposite side is "0280155903" What do these mean? Can you tell what lb size they are from these numbers? Thanks in Advance for any assistance and feedback.

KidRod4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2014, 12:04 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Injector Sizes

That's the standard injector for a later AU XR8. It's rated at 19lbs which (thanks to the Yanks) is based on lbs per hour or close to 12 litres / hour.

The second set of numbers is the Bosch Part number.

Higher flow rate injectors provide more fuel but are generally only required in conjunction with modifications that produce more power. For example, my stroked T-Series engine ran 24 lb injectors that flow around 15 litres an hour.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2014, 11:20 AM   #3
KidRod4
Starter Motor

Hi Russ, thanks for that. Im know wondering if the engine I pulled out of it is really a 1999 series 1 XLS engine or if had been updated at some point before I bought it. So as well as having the later model XR8 size injectors, I also noticed it has the same GTP letters in the corners of the heads that my new hand built Tickford engine does. Any ideas? Or maybe did the XLS have GTP heads as standard?
KidRod4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2014, 10:37 PM   #4
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning 

All AU's got GTP heads, as for injectors they are all 19lb injectors, blue or orange is no different, they increased fuel pressure to get the injectors running more flow. The changeover between injectors was mid series 1. And for the record the injector settings in the factory tunes never changed, only when fuel pressure was increase in T3's and 220kw's.