Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-03-2006, 11:15 PM   #1
bt1-van
Starter Motor

Default Important Question About Cop Car

i got a query that i wouldnt mind knowing the answer to so if anyone can help me out id appreciate it, i got an xf bt1 pano, and im thinking about getting a spray job to match exactly what they used to look like back in the day when it was a dvy vanm, only thing is would their be any restrictions on getting it painted this way if their is could i just adjut something minor to make it look the same but not identical?

bt1-van is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 11:20 PM   #2
camc88
ba xr6 mk1

Mispell the word POLISE
camc88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 11:39 PM   #3
Dav0
"Saddam your sooo emo"-JH

yeh like spell police in a different language :P
Dav0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 03:40 AM   #4
bt1-van
Starter Motor

but i didnt say p o l i c e in the thread just said c o p, anyone able to answer my question?
bt1-van is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 04:47 AM   #5
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I think you are missing the point bt1-van.

When setting your pano up to look like a divvyvan ... you are not allowed to have the word POLICE used on it as a registered vehicle (ie: not allowed to imitate a police vehicle) ... ask RedRum for further details).

Might be able to use the blue/white checker style strips ... but as mentione above you might be able to "incorrectly" spell the word like POLISE or POLIS ... or whatever ... to a European form of the word ... or whatever language you want.

Just can't spell it "POLICE"
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 05:50 AM   #6
Fossil
Practicing Hoonologist

What mechan1k said.

When you think what it would cost to paint it. wouldnt it be better to paint it a different colour.

Red, orange, blue, yellow... friggin any colour.

Divvy vans were never cool..

my 2c.
Fossil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 06:39 AM   #7
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

If you have the cash and have a mint straight body and no rust ... and you have big plans ... choose a nice colour .... or put a pearl/metallic flake through the white.

Or go the opposite ... and a nice metallic black.

You could keep it white and just run the blue and white checkers ... but no writing though ... and you can't have the blues on the roof either.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post