Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
saam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default moderators closing threads for no reason

If i cannot get a conversation going without moderators closing threads becasue they dont like what they see, then maybe moderators should seek another alternative

We all know that people think they are experts in all matter of stuff, and eveyone will have a different oppinion on matters depending on what side of the fence they sit on

But if we cannot express what we feel is right and wrong in this society without the government (moderators) putting a stop to things then i guess people will always be dictated in what to believe by the powers at be

rant closed ...

Old 11-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: moderators closing threads for no reason

moderators are there to keep the conversation going in a reasonable manner...mods get crap thrown at them for all sorts of reasons by all sorts of people....mostly those hotheads who steer a good topic off into all la la land

I've been there as a mod.....I don't envy the position.....a hell of a lot goes on behind the scenes that most would not be aware of......they have, and will continue to have, my full support

without mods the threads would very quickly deteriorate into mayhem! and most likely the forum would fold

support them, don't curse them!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 11-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
anolade
trigger happy

perhaps you need to be more diplomatic, seems to be way the world works nowaday no more straight to the point
enhanced by team at Blue Power Racing Developments
Now sold off and no longer owns a ford
Old 11-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saam
If i cannot get a conversation going without moderators closing threads becasue they dont like what they see, then maybe moderators should seek another alternative

We all know that people think they are experts in all matter of stuff, and eveyone will have a different oppinion on matters depending on what side of the fence they sit on

But if we cannot express what we feel is right and wrong in this society without the government (moderators) putting a stop to things then i guess people will always be dictated in what to believe by the powers at be

rant closed ...
Yep ..... good way to keep threads going with stupid rants in the general area.

Got a problem????? Speak to a MOD or ADMIN about it or the Mod directly responsible for closing the thread. THere are PLENTY of avenues available.

The thread in question? Had a run .... Mod made a discretionary call and was closed which I agree with as well.

There are other Forums that everyone is happy to join and if you want to find another please do so and stop taking things so seriously. Threads come and go, based on how they are tracking or if it breaches the T&C's. If anyone doesn't like the way this (ALL) Forums work and want to take thing to heart about a closure or deletion go elsewhere...... plenty around. No one 'owns' a thread and all are closed with no intention of hurting someones feelings.

PS ..... that's about as straight to the point as I can be.

END OF MY HAPPY RANT!!!!!!

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Auslandau; 11-02-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Closed Thread