Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-02-2010, 03:57 AM   #1
IH8HSV
XR6T 400kw(well one day!)

Default Ghost experiences

Hi all.....

I took the photo below from a small grave yard while holidaying in Tasmania.

As you can see, there is an 'image' above the head stones.

So intrigued by what I saw I asked a local about the two grave stones which are laying side by side.

His response was: The grave on the left was of a girl which died in a bath tub back in the 18 hundreds. Her cause of death was never known. The head stone on the right is her brother who committed suicide 2 years later because he couldn't take the pain of his sisters death.

Since this time I have always been a skeptic about things like this, but now I'm so interested in hearing these sort of stories.

....So does anyone else have any ''Ghost'' experiences they wish to share, or have heard of from friends????

Old 27-02-2010, 04:05 AM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Moisture on the lens has refracted the light and made pretty colours.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 04:21 AM   #3
IH8HSV
XR6T 400kw(well one day!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Hehe....... Yep, I dont blame you thinking like that though.

But I took over 60 pictures that day of the Tasmania wild life parks, the animals, and of my kids and never got an ''image'' like this.

Weather we are skeptics or not, I would love to here of any other stories people on the forum have heard of....
Old 27-02-2010, 09:32 AM   #4
prydey
Rob

did you see this 'image' in person, or only on the photo?

I'm with JC on this one.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 09:42 AM   #5
Ghiagirl
Budding Revhead

Well I for one, am a full believer of these sorts of things, and to me it does look like there is an image of a women within the orb of light. Hubby and I had a couple of pics from Port Arthur years ago, that definately had some weird stuff in them, but damned if I can find them now.

His: Winter White 99 AU Fairmont,6 cyl, 17" Tickford Rims, nice and stock
This mum's in mod mode

www.aufalcon.com/ghiagirl
Ghiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 10:07 AM   #6
UU TS50
T3 TS50 075

We have a few pics like that .These 2 were taken at a maze in the middle of a forrest down south

Wife is told by those ppl that study this type of thing that the one in the pic with my son is his gaurdian angel and the other is hers ???

My car T3 TS50 #75 Blueprint manual 1/4 mile 13.38 @ 102.97 mph TS 50 = 237.1 rwkw
UU TS50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 11:33 AM   #7
vik351
Banned

OK...

Here is the test

Tell me what you can see in this Pink Floyd cover...???

Those of you that know...Shut the fluckk up...

vik...All will be reviled in due course... :evil3: :evil3: :evil3:
vik351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #8
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik351
Nothing of note??

Last issue I had with Ghosts was when I first met my wife and she unrolled my swag :(
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 12:19 PM   #9
Spitfire 6.2
V6 3L

Quote:
OK...

Here is the test

A nice rack.....
Spitfire 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 01:10 PM   #10
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I used to love Ghostbusters as a kid growing up.
I always wanted to be Ray Stantz.
Personally, no experiences, but I find the supernatural really fascinating, though I do not believe everything I read.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 01:15 PM   #11
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8HSV
Hi all.....

I took the photo below from a small grave yard while holidaying in Tasmania.

As you can see, there is an 'image' above the head stones.

So intrigued by what I saw I asked a local about the two grave stones which are laying side by side.

His response was: The grave on the left was of a girl which died in a bath tub back in the 18 hundreds. Her cause of death was never known. The head stone on the right is her brother who committed suicide 2 years later because he couldn't take the pain of his sisters death.

Since this time I have always been a skeptic about things like this, but now I'm so interested in hearing these sort of stories.

....So does anyone else have any ''Ghost'' experiences they wish to share, or have heard of from friends????

looked at this twice now first time saw nothing besides different shading thought you may been smoking the gunja .
But after second look and zooming in there is a head and shoulders in it . Its a bit freaky.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 01:19 PM   #12
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My Ghost experiences - well unexplained situations anyway.
And these actually happend to me, not fabricated stories or second hand.

A year after my dad died mum and I had a lodger staying at our house to help financially. He pointed out a picture of my dad on the wall and asked who it was.
As I was explaining the story about my dad and his death there was an almighty SMASH. Startled we jumped up and looked around the house to investigate. We found it was a glass light cover that had dropped from the ceiling in the bathroom to the floor. The thing was there are 4 screws that needed to be unscrewed to take it off. All four screws were on the floor with broken glass every where - The lodger was freaked right out.

Abut the same period I moved into the Garage dad built out the back and I turned it into a bachelor pad.
One night I woke up to a BANG BANG BANG. I froze stiff. What it was, was the wooden door (which was salvaged from a church) flying open, hitting the wall and vibrating & rattling with the force of hitting the wall behind it exactly like someone had booted it open as hard as they could. I did not hear any one outside or the thuds of some running off - It happend the next night at exactly the same time.

Another night in the garage/bachelor pad, I woke up to a thudding sound like some one was hitting the brick wall outside right behind my bed head - Thing is there was a fence that butted up against the brick wall so it would have been impossible to make the sound of a brick wall being hit from the outside...it must have been from the inside.. above my head. this disturbed me.

I could always hear the TV going in the loung room at night and id go in there to turn it off but it was never on! It scared the bejesus out of me for the first year but I got used to it and ignored it. One night my mate was over and I thought id do a test to see if it was just me. So I walked him close to the loungroom. I said "Is that the TV I can hear?" he replied "Yeh it sounds like it" So I said come with me and well turn it off (knowing full well it was not on) as we walked into the lounge room I pointed at the TV and said "Look Ryan, its not on" AND HE FREAKED OUT, running out to the street.

My dad used to sit in the same chair out the back with a beer every night after work. Soon after he died we bought a Jack Russell puppy. One day we heard 'Nova' barking at something, we looked out the window and she was barking mad at the chair my dad would sit at. This would happen nearly every day at about 7:30...the time my dad would sit down to relax after work with a beer. This slowly stopped as time went on.

And the TV, Stereo and lights would be turned on by them selvs too along with the kettle but this was rare.

I visited Port Arthur in Tassy one year and did a Ghost tour at night - YOU GOTTA DO THIS ITS SO SCARY!
Anyway, the final building we visited was the church, asthe group walked off I looked out the gothic arched window hole and there was a white figure like a persons silhouette with a hood on but it was floating as it had no legs. I froze and I had realized the group was a fair way off by then. I ran... and I ran fast to catch up keeping what I had just seen to myself.

Thats all I can remember now there are more situations ive had and ill post them when they come to mind.

Click here to see my ute

Last edited by fordOwner; 27-02-2010 at 01:25 PM.
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #13
CFOUR
The Destroyer

harden up.
or do you people need a group buy for night lights.
Old 27-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #14
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

I was just sitting in the loungeroom the other night and this girl climbed out of the TV......

We sat down, had coffee and watched the olympics. Strange, eh?
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 01:25 PM   #15
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Not much light there to refract unfortunately.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #16
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
harden up.
or do you people need a group buy for night lights.
My experiences could have been anything. there is no evidence ghosts actually exsist.
But when something happens and there is NO explanation as to what mad it happen. it makes you wonder and it can scare you.

Id like to see your reaction if your bedroom door gets slammed open in the middle of the night for no reason. You'd just roll over and fall asleep aye?

Click here to see my ute
Old 27-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #17
CFOUR
The Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordOwner
My experiences could have been anything. there is no evidence ghosts actually exsist.
But when something happens and there is NO explanation as to what mad it happen. it makes you wonder and it can scare you.

Id like to see your reaction if your bedroom door gets slammed open in the middle of the night for no reason. You'd just roll over and fall asleep aye?
I'd shut which ever window was open.
Old 27-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #18
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The way the door slammed open was not caused by a gust of wind. this was like the police had kicked the door open for a drug bust.

But i respect your toughness and sceptisism.

Click here to see my ute
Old 27-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #19
vik351
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Mark
A nice rack.....

vik... :evil3: :evil3: :evil3: :
vik351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #20
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

a bit like paranormal activities aye, i thought that movie was a real documentary :togo: scared the ******** outta me
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 02:28 PM   #21
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was putting in a telephone line for an old lady years ago and this bloke walked past the door I went out to see who it was as she lived by herself ,I didnt see anyone told her once I was finished she didnt believe me.

The person I described was her husband who slept in the room and died about a year before
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 02:30 PM   #22
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
OK...

Here is the test

I just found out what it is. Never would of seen it though if I didnt look it up.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 02:30 PM   #23
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Something that happened to me a few years back.

I was a cameraman during the filming of a fake ghost documentary (it was a pilot for a new show) and me and three other guys were in an abandoned and now privately-owned gold mine. (It was the one in Blackwood, Victoria, where the explosives were stolen for the Russell Street police bombing.)

Lots of men had died in these mines in accidents back in the old days.

We did the shoot and got home around 1 in the morning and were very excited, so we decided to review the tapes right away.

To our shock, during one of the quiet scenes when we were filming stock footage of the tunnels in night vision (torches off, pitch black), we heard whispering over the video's soundtrack saying "go away, go away". It was spoken about three or four times and we have no idea where it came from.

None of us heard it during the shoot, none of us did it, we were all quiet. It could have been the wind, but it certainly gave us a chill and something to talk about. Our "fake" ghost docu almost turned real!

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 02:41 PM   #24
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have seen ghost 2 times in my life. and it had noting to do with being scary.
But congo & IH8HSV that is got noting to do with ghost.
And ford owner i think it's just porky pie's.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 02:43 PM   #25
go_ford

Quote:
The way the door slammed open was not caused by a gust of wind. this was like the police had kicked the door open for a drug bust.

But i respect your toughness and sceptisism.
Maybe it was a drug bust. cos some people think you sound like your on crack...but dont worry, ive had small experiences like that and are very hard to explain, my mum died a few months ago and I swear that ive had her tap on my door open it and close it again just as she used to do..and there is nobody at home with me at the time..
Old 27-02-2010, 02:44 PM   #26
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Paule11 - Interesting! thought you were going to say you got a phone call from the dead!

Not really ghostly but - the day my dad died. I was on my way home from a relatives (unaware of what happend) and I got the biggest mental urge that something personal has happend, hard to explaine but I knew something bad had happend and I could not shake the feeling off. Got home and the police were there to tell me, I felt as if i was prepared for the news.
And that night I had a "goodby dream" its quite common where you dream of the person who has just died and they say goodby to you. My dad walked in my room and went to shake my hand to say goodby but I lept forward and gave him a huge hug, I remember smelling his smell in the dream and everything.

ALSO I cant believe I did not mention this, my dad died having a heart attack whilst racing his classic bike in a controlled country street race in Geralton. During the race the year before he told me and mum he saw a vision of him self sprawled out on the road dead, he turned back as he rode passed "himself" but it was gone - the exact corner he passed away on the following year.

Click here to see my ute
Old 27-02-2010, 02:46 PM   #27
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Guys, its not porky pies. I know my stories sounds like it but its not.
I feel a bit offended when people tell me that im lying but whats happend to me is the truth. Im not saying it WAS ghosts but its unexplained.

Click here to see my ute
Old 27-02-2010, 02:54 PM   #28
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Yeah people are always going to be tough guys on the internet.

I have had plenty of unexplained stuff happen to me, especially after my granddad died. I wouldn't have believed it if it didn't happen to me.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 07:38 PM   #29
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

I could have sworn I heard footsteps in my house the other week, But there was nobody else home.
The next morning I woke up, the door was wide open and my laptop, phone and cash were missing.

Freaky stuff...
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #30
Big Bird 17

I took some photos on a night tour of Pt Arthur,a couple had orbs in them.