Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-04-2021, 12:40 PM   #1
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Unmarked Police cars, Japanese style

Very cool.

https://japantoday.com/category/crim...l-someone-over
2 users like this post:
Old 20-04-2021, 01:02 PM   #2
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: Unmarked Police cars, Japanese style

LOL cool, would be interested to know how the system handles rain.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2021, 02:04 PM   #3
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I went down the rabbit hole that is dashcams Australia over the Easter break, and saw an idiot overtake on solid lines get pulled over by an unmarked tradie-ute. Might have been in Vic??? Just your usual ****tly looking old white small tradie thing with tray back I think - very stealth. Think it was one of the 'Instant Karma' videos, at first I didn't even see who was pulling the guy over even though the dashcam was right behind the unmarked ute.

First proper unmarked I saw here in SA was around 1990 at Thebby barracks - unmarked white VN Exec with 5.0 and 5-spend manual, with red and blue lights on the passenger-side sunvisor plugged into cigarette lighter socket...you woldn't see the lights unless they folded down the visor, no rear-facing lights at all. Before that it was mostly detective cars etc that had just the old blue dome light with magnetic base that they would roll down the window and put on the roof when needed, whereas this was the first car dedicated to traffic duties that was intentionally unmarked.
Mulva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2021, 03:19 PM   #4
sr71

Buying a second hand one at auction, that mini sunroof would only be good for a small dog to stick it’s head through or giving the bird..
sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2021, 03:36 PM   #5
rare ss
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

best one I seen in service was a Territory with a canoe roof racks and "my family" and mums taxi stickers on the rear window pulling over someone, a mate of mine did some wiring/lighting/radios on an old HX Stato for the wa police in the late 90's
FGII FPV F6 #406
BFII FPV F6 Typhoon R Spec #118
VK HDT Group A/Group 3 #3249
rare ss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2021, 05:26 PM   #6
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Got to love Japan. If you're ever there at the illegal street racing and drift meets, the cops come in a van, and yell at people with their megaphones, and the crowd disperses. Here, you're on ACA / Today Tonight and the lynch mob is after you. Better off becoming a murderer in Aus.
MY18 Black WRX STi Spec-R
Previous:
'16 White FGX XR8
'09 Black FG FPV GT 5th Anniversary
'04 Blueprint BA XR8
'97 Mocha Foam EL Fairmont
M&Ms is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 20-04-2021, 05:32 PM   #7
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pops up faster than a pimple before a hot date...
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-04-2021, 06:48 PM   #8
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&Ms View Post
Got to love Japan. If you're ever there at the illegal street racing and drift meets, the cops come in a van, and yell at people with their megaphones, and the crowd disperses. Here, you're on ACA / Today Tonight and the lynch mob is after you. Better off becoming a murderer in Aus.
And I bet they all disperse quietly and don't start throwing rocks at the cops.
2 users like this post:
Old 20-04-2021, 07:00 PM   #9
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Found the unmarked tradie ute I spoke of: https://youtu.be/CGcGWkkHsT0?t=140
2 users like this post:
Old 20-04-2021, 09:44 PM   #10
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
And I bet they all disperse quietly and don't start throwing rocks at the cops.
Very true
MY18 Black WRX STi Spec-R
Previous:
'16 White FGX XR8
'09 Black FG FPV GT 5th Anniversary
'04 Blueprint BA XR8
'97 Mocha Foam EL Fairmont
M&Ms is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2021, 12:18 AM   #11
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&Ms View Post
Oh Tracy and her dribble, oh no dong burnouts is so dangerous ! best destroy some ones car, that will teach them a lessen !

So some mug goes do some burnouts in a back street is treated worse that some moron who steals cars.

So best steal a car and cut loose and what would happen if such got caught F all to Nothing if he was under age. Tracy does not inform the people of that fact !

I have heard so many people who are brainwashed into swallowing the destroy some blokes car for being caught doing burnouts, C'mon ! and when I put forward the stolen car story they still don't get it.

No car should be crushed by the law, no one has the right to destroy another's property at all. once they start that crap where does it end .

Sure I am all for cops doing the gut and a kick in the tail of people who are out of control, such worked a treat years gone by, turtle pecks and phone books wrapped over the head did wonders.
But what crushing some ones car that sounds like dictator crap.
But some people who get right out of hand do need a punch in the face, I have seen that happen. they get the message then and if they don't the 2ed time they will start to learn the hard way, but the fact is they do learn.

Steal a car you deserve a hiding directly straight up be 13yo or whatever.

My mate at 16yo took his old mans new VB Commodore out and put it on it's roof, his old man punched him in the face for that and he never did it again.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-04-2021, 09:58 AM   #12
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

**** Mick, didn't know Tracy is crushing cars for first offence these days, that's crazy.
Old 21-04-2021, 01:55 PM   #13
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulva View Post
**** Mick, didn't know Tracy is crushing cars for first offence these days, that's crazy.
No not yet, but I have heard people that do want such desperately, only thing is most who make such statements should not be driving themselves by the same token, we allowances for old people to drive that should not be driving at all truly if we are even to take .05 seriously, I knew of plenty people who are much safer to drive at .05 than many who are sober in fact, some I would never get in a car with regardless because they are so hopeless, they do not drive fast but they don't watch the road or are oblivious to so many things.

If one is to be charged for an offence it should be justified as to what was truly going down. you can spin your wheels accidently and get busted mine does it taking off at times even tho it's got traction control and I don't want it to spin because that's meat coming of the tyre. one servo is a bastard coming out of I have to just let it roll out or it will spin if I just touch the peddle in any way.

About a 800m away is a mine where such burnout hero's go, I don't give a rats but the cops stoped them going their, so now the idiots cut loose on the streets.

I think doing out and sitting doing burnouts is just brain dead crap myself, such is just will full abuse and destruction from morons. I don't mine the odd donut or such but to see some idiot on the limiter until a tire blows is just a stupid goose.

Doing a burn out can mean f all, it does not mean the car is out of control at all but it could do, that's the big difference.
A stock Datsun sunny with a dishwashing detergent setup to the back wheel or 600hp + with slicks and such could be a whole different story.
Old 21-04-2021, 05:32 PM   #14
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Found the unmarked tradie ute I spoke of: https://youtu.be/CGcGWkkHsT0?t=140
Haha, thats a good one, wonder if they can give a quote for some plumbing at the same time.
Old 21-04-2021, 08:45 PM   #15
marty351
Shenanigans..............

The first time in my living memory of govco crushing peoples property was after Port Arthur. At least they bought them back, but as for destroying privave property without compensation, regardless of "legislation", highly illegal. Keep a your unknown property too.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2021, 10:27 PM   #16
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I went down the rabbit hole that is dashcams Australia over the Easter break, and saw an idiot overtake on solid lines get pulled over by an unmarked tradie-ute. Might have been in Vic??? Just your usual ****tly looking old white small tradie thing with tray back I think - very stealth. Think it was one of the 'Instant Karma' videos, at first I didn't even see who was pulling the guy over even though the dashcam was right behind the unmarked ute.

First proper unmarked I saw here in SA was around 1990 at Thebby barracks - unmarked white VN Exec with 5.0 and 5-spend manual, with red and blue lights on the passenger-side sunvisor plugged into cigarette lighter socket...you woldn't see the lights unless they folded down the visor, no rear-facing lights at all. Before that it was mostly detective cars etc that had just the old blue dome light with magnetic base that they would roll down the window and put on the roof when needed, whereas this was the first car dedicated to traffic duties that was intentionally unmarked.
There was a white vanilla plain jane looking Landcruiser on the SE Freeway couple weeks ago, I was driving between the point to points so taking it easy, and he was a little in front of me at the start of the first cameras but had pulled away some by the last one.

Once past the last camera i sped up a little and had gained on him just as he was about to turn off to go to Murray Bridge. I was doing a bit over 120 and he wouldve realised id gained on him.

He couldnt be arsed pulling me over it seems but he turned his lights on in the rear window and flashed at me.

I thought he was signalling to pull me over (even though I was behind him) but he kept driving and turned off to go to MB.

I reckon he'd have pinged me if it was a different situation, instead he just gave me a warning with the lights. Ive had highway patrol do that to me sometimes also when im around 120km/hr. I think, oh here we go, but they keep driving.

Im used to very clean (washed) looking cars of all kinds being undercover cops, but not too many Landcruisers. I have seen one before though in the suburbs pull over a modded rice burner.

I got pinged once doing 100 in a 60 zone on North East Road in the early 2000s by a plain VT... they didnt make a big deal of it... they were detectives but they had a bag in the boot with the expiation notice pad in there. I didnt notice that one that day, but can usually spot them. Quite often you can see the lights in the rear window for example.

And they are typically very well washed all the time, often cleaner in that way than most other cars on the road.
lumen8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2021, 10:43 PM   #17
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post
Oh Tracy and her dribble, oh no dong burnouts is so dangerous ! best destroy some ones car, that will teach them a lessen !

So some mug goes do some burnouts in a back street is treated worse that some moron who steals cars.

So best steal a car and cut loose and what would happen if such got caught F all to Nothing if he was under age. Tracy does not inform the people of that fact !

I have heard so many people who are brainwashed into swallowing the destroy some blokes car for being caught doing burnouts, C'mon ! and when I put forward the stolen car story they still don't get it.

No car should be crushed by the law, no one has the right to destroy another's property at all. once they start that crap where does it end .

Sure I am all for cops doing the gut and a kick in the tail of people who are out of control, such worked a treat years gone by, turtle pecks and phone books wrapped over the head did wonders.
But what crushing some ones car that sounds like dictator crap.
But some people who get right out of hand do need a punch in the face, I have seen that happen. they get the message then and if they don't the 2ed time they will start to learn the hard way, but the fact is they do learn.

Steal a car you deserve a hiding directly straight up be 13yo or whatever.

My mate at 16yo took his old mans new VB Commodore out and put it on it's roof, his old man punched him in the face for that and he never did it again.
Heck the 'hoon' laws can apply to putting your foot down.

I put my foot down in an industrial area in my LS1 dunnydore one day and it kicked down nicely and was a bit of fun, just for a moment. No burnouts, no wheelspin, just acceleration and engine noise. This was maybe 4 years ago now.

Just my luck a paddy wagon was in one of the businesses for some reason on this quiet road with 2 cops in it.

They pulled me over, and spent a long time deciding whether to take the car from me. One of the coppers actually said 'many people dont realise how easy it is to lose their car'

In the end they made mountains out of molehills but let me go. They even tried to claim if theyd turned out i couldve hit them.. talk about dramatising a non event, i just put my foot down to get it to kick down into 1st and gave it a squirt with no intention of holding it down for long. I saw them soon enough and the only way id have hit anyone in that situation was if i passed out, which wouldnt happen.

Im told 'excessive engine noise' comes under hoon laws and is grounds for impounding, and thats one strike towards it being permanent, ie confiscation, at which point they either crush it or sell it.

One of the cops had his head in the engine bay looking for mods, looking for low mount turbos etc.

Last edited by lumen8; 21-04-2021 at 10:49 PM.
lumen8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2021, 12:53 PM   #18
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumen8 View Post
Heck the 'hoon' laws can apply to putting your foot down.

I put my foot down in an industrial area in my LS1 dunnydore one day and it kicked down nicely and was a bit of fun, just for a moment. No burnouts, no wheelspin, just acceleration and engine noise. This was maybe 4 years ago now.

Just my luck a paddy wagon was in one of the businesses for some reason on this quiet road with 2 cops in it.

They pulled me over, and spent a long time deciding whether to take the car from me. One of the coppers actually said 'many people dont realise how easy it is to lose their car'

In the end they made mountains out of molehills but let me go. They even tried to claim if theyd turned out i couldve hit them.. talk about dramatising a non event, i just put my foot down to get it to kick down into 1st and gave it a squirt with no intention of holding it down for long. I saw them soon enough and the only way id have hit anyone in that situation was if i passed out, which wouldnt happen.

Im told 'excessive engine noise' comes under hoon laws and is grounds for impounding, and thats one strike towards it being permanent, ie confiscation, at which point they either crush it or sell it.

One of the cops had his head in the engine bay looking for mods, looking for low mount turbos etc.
Yes some of the idiots will play stupid games with you thinking that they are Nazis gods or something great tossers !

But boy we have a lot getting about my area with no mufflers at all f ing loud as and they try and make as much noise as they can, now I am not against a nice sounding car of bike It's music to my ears but not all sound good many are shocking dreadful sounding rubbish.

I remember back in 1983 cops pulled me up driving a Datsun sunny as that was the car that the car dealer gave me when I was getting mine fixed by them as the front end snapped off on the first day driving it home.
So I was flat taking off in 1st and 2ed in the sunny and they said explain my manner of driving, well I said you have to rev this thing to get any were as I am use to driving a V8.
I had fun in that sunny cutting loose and it handled well.
Old 22-04-2021, 07:56 PM   #19
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am surprised Toyota don't sell the Crown in Australia.
Maybe, its disguised as a Lexus ??
Old 23-04-2021, 11:43 AM   #20
Stubbie

There is a white crew cab on the roads around Perth that is a cop car. Saw them on the freeway the other day giving someone a lecture.
Stubbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2021, 09:32 PM   #21
mondeomatureguy

Hi Guys,
I have seen a Hyundai Sonata grey one which is a unmarked Police car around and i have seen it pull up other cars.
I work not very far from the NSW Police Academy in Goulburn and see the Police most evenings driving out of the gates or just sitting down the road in there un marked cars.
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post