Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-09-2008, 06:08 PM   #1
bob^
LPS

Default Discount New Cars

I'm looking around at buying a new car, and on my union website there was mention of www.discountnewcars.com.au.
Has anyone ever dealt with them? How do they work?
I lodged an enquiry on a Mazda3 last night on their website, and this morning I got a call from a local (Geelong) number. He claims he couldn't give me a price because I wasn't going to buy for another few months(which I understand), but said he should be able to "do me a ripper deal" and knock at least 2k off the rrp.
The next question is, should I hold out until after the new year to buy the car, or buy in December.
Cheers

bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2008, 06:16 PM   #2
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you are going to keep the car for some time, buy an 08 plate car next year - there are good discounts to be had, but the resale suffers as a result. If you intend to turn it over within 5 years, go in late december, but the deal will probably not be as good.
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
GTP owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post