Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 07-12-2005, 01:52 PM   #1
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Talking 3 door fiesta helpfull suggestion :)

Hey everyone.

This is directed to anyone that owns a 3door fiesta.
I found that when going up driveways or on bumpy roads a sort of creaking sound could be heard comming from the massively long doors :P

Ive read other people on the forum complaining of this and i found a very quick and easy solution..

I hated the creaking noises because it made my car sound cheap and nasty inside.

its just the rubber door seals, many of you might of already realised this.
I had some meguiars plastic and rubber rejuvinator (i think thats what it is called)
it just conditions rubber so that its soft and doesnt crack, also blackens plastic and rubber if u have wax on them.
Just gave all the seals including boot a good going over with this stuff and now, noise free try it out... because every rubber needs lube

Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 01:54 PM   #2
joshf2
striped

the creaking is from the doors? i thought mine was from the suspension....

ive only just recently been getting that creaking noise from the left hand side, and only on right hand turns (usually with a bit of pace behind it)

i may not have to send it to ford service after all
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 01:57 PM   #3
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

i havent heard any creaking from the suspension, give the lube a go on the doors
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 02:04 PM   #4
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

well it looks like i have the same problem as josh. I only get creaking from the left door because i changed the speakers and i didnt have much insulation behind it. This also made the trigger for the door mechanisim sound very loud when i would use the remote.

Since then i dont have much creaking but the trigger is still loud. I have just insulated it with industrial strength duct tape.