Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-02-2022, 11:22 AM   #1
leesa

Default Re: Advice on camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
There is wholesale abuse of the NDIS. I know first hand the needs of people with a disability and needing a leg up, probably much better than you do, but people are abusing the system and taxpayers are paying

I might contact Albo and tell him to fix it when he becomes PM

Anyway, back on topic
Was this directed at me? If so, my post wasn't directed at you, it was directed at the OP. People seem to be giving him a pat on the back for not wanting help but I just wanted to add that there's no shame in seeking or accepting it.

That aside, the "I know the needs of people much better than you do" stuff is probably unnecessary, noone is suggesting they know more about the system than you do. There's no need to lay claim to your territory after detecting a challenge about your knowledge of the system.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-02-2022, 12:11 PM   #2
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
...but I just wanted to add that there's no shame in seeking or accepting it.
Absolutely agree, leesa, it's ok to say you're not ok. It's better to seek help early and address an issue than allow something to fester and become much bigger and harder to address.

Not that this necessarily applies to the op, as I don't know their situation at all.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2022, 01:02 PM   #3
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
Was this directed at me? If so, my post wasn't directed at you, it was directed at the OP. People seem to be giving him a pat on the back for not wanting help but I just wanted to add that there's no shame in seeking or accepting it.

That aside, the "I know the needs of people much better than you do" stuff is probably unnecessary, noone is suggesting they know more about the system than you do. There's no need to lay claim to your territory after detecting a challenge about your knowledge of the system.
I read your response as a rebuttal to me, you posted immediately after mine with no quote from who you were addressing, so of course I read it that you were responding to me

I am not going to apologise for my post

anyway, back on topic
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post