Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-03-2006, 09:37 PM   #31
Phil91EB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
why should he lie about it, never read so much crap in all my life

thats not "far fetched" as you put it, its pathetic.....
Geez mate take it easy it was just another idea throw out there if nothing else worked "pathetic" as it may be.
They may actually get off there ИИИИ if the cops get involved but after reading it again seems highly unlikely It looks as though they think they will win if it goes to court so I think insurance and get the stuff fixed that is covered. Council are always interested to find out what happens to their land and Workcover will be very interested in their work practices.
2006 BF Falcon
Phil91EB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 11:37 PM   #32
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey i'd love to see the billboard idea if ACA doesnt work out! Ha. Make sure you post up pics standing next to the billboard with the thumbs down!

The thing i dont understand is if they had a crane their to salvage the truck, wouldnt you pull the logs out with it too? And for the sake of $500-$800 worth of garden supples and bobcat work, wouldnt they just do it for the sake of good PR and keeping the peace? Thats the cost of a couple of solicitor phone calls and letters and it'd all be fixed the right and honourable way!! CRAZY!!!!! There are few people left in this world willing to take responsibility for anything!
schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 11:40 PM   #33
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil91EB
Geez mate take it easy it was just another idea throw out there if nothing else worked "pathetic" as it may be.
They may actually get off there ИИИИ if the cops get involved but after reading it again seems highly unlikely It looks as though they think they will win if it goes to court so I think insurance and get the stuff fixed that is covered. Council are always interested to find out what happens to their land and Workcover will be very interested in their work practices.
just think about it for a sec.....

so he's already made all the calls to tell then whats happened...the right way.
it doesnt work out, so he rings the cops again saying what you said,
all this would do is make him look like the bad guy and he'd get absolutley nowhere...

see why its a bad idea???
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 11:50 PM   #34
max^power
Formerly au^ute

I can't see you winning here. Although, billboard will annoy the business a little. I'd be printing a few "samples" first and address them to the director(s), make sure it contains a photoshop of what the billboard would look like outside the front of the business!

Best of luck though, hope you do get it solved with minimal cost.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2006, 03:29 AM   #35
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil91EB
This is probably a bit far fetched but seeing as there is no paper work ring the cops and tell them that they offered to take the logs and pay cash off the books then came onto your yard got bogged returned the next day at a time not suitable (not supposed to start outside work until 7am I think) dug up the place trying to get their truck out and now wont claim responsibility.
Its your word against theirs if there is no paper work.

As I said its a bit far fetched :
His word and photos of the truck in their yard bogged.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2006, 04:10 AM   #36
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

I think I speak for most of us when i say these threads are awesome entertainment.
Really hope you get it fixed up.
How hard is it for them to bring a small ammount of fill + bobcat and cover their mess.
Wouldn't bank on then throwing down some grass seed but it isn't hard to fill a hole.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:58 AM   #37
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADED6
How hard is it for them to bring a small ammount of fill + bobcat and cover their mess.
Wouldn't bank on then throwing down some grass seed but it isn't hard to fill a hole.
Exactly... even if they weren't totally at fault this would go a long way to getting a reputation as being a professional business that looks after customers. A few metres of dirt and a bobbie for an hour should only cost a few $100 which would be easier than going through legal procedings and negative publicity
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2006, 04:32 PM   #38
347Stroker
Banned

Tibbo, filling it with CANS is a great idea, I have so bloody many empty ones here that I have to get rid of.....lol

Well, its only sunday now, and nothing has progressed in the repair of my yard, other than all the rain filling in the trenches, and giving the birds something to play in.
I will contact the director of Enrights saw mill in the morning and have a word to him in regards to what has happened. If he wont speak to me, or carries on like Paul and says he wont speak to me, then I will have the legal guys look after it...

I personally like the idea of the billboard out the front, and seeing its Beaudesert, its not the biggest town, and its on the main road too, so it should have plent of impact.
Its fantastic too, because they can do nothing to move it, and if they do, well malicious damage would be the charge....
I am not going to back down here, its on.....

Watch this space
347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2006, 04:41 PM   #39
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

I was doing this work the other day at the back of someones house, its not as easy as everyone thinks it is to just come up with some way of getting out of being bogged. If they knew they were going to get more bogged, but needed their truck out and couldnt get a crane that afternoon, what else could they try? they do need to work, so i imagine they need their trucks. Also you should tell them before they come what the earth is like in the backyard, numerous amounts of time we go to do work idiots say 'oh yeh its very hard youll have no probs' then complain when deep wheel marks are in the grass, it tends to happen with a 10tonne truck, you know, they weigh alot?
Old 05-03-2006, 04:45 PM   #40
347Stroker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
I was doing this work the other day at the back of someones house, its not as easy as everyone thinks it is to just come up with some way of getting out of being bogged. If they knew they were going to get more bogged, but needed their truck out and couldnt get a crane that afternoon, what else could they try? they do need to work, so i imagine they need their trucks. Also you should tell them before they come what the earth is like in the backyard, numerous amounts of time we go to do work idiots say 'oh yeh its very hard youll have no probs' then complain when deep wheel marks are in the grass, it tends to happen with a 10tonne truck, you know, they weigh alot?
And your point is??

I dont care that its damaged (well actually I do but) its the fact that they refuse to repair and rectify what they have done.
I understand that accidents do happen, and honestly would have let it slide untill they hit the garden bed, and could not even muster up the guts to apologise...
I say stuff em, sneaky slimy lying bastard. If you are reading this Paul from Enrights, I mean YOU!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 04:55 PM   #41
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Yeh i guess so. we'd always do our best to fix up what is possible to fix.

sugar in the gas tank!
Old 05-03-2006, 05:02 PM   #42
347Stroker
Banned

Quote:

sugar in the gas tank!
Mythbusters proved that doesnt work...lol

My point is, they should fix what they broke....and get the bloody trees out that they were contracted to do. I cant understand why, when they had a crane here that they didnt get them yesterday. you hire a crane on an hourly rate, and it didnt take long to get the truck out....they had realistically already paid for it.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:54 AM   #43
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

sugar in the gas tank!
Do him a favour and fill up the tank...... with water
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2006, 01:00 AM   #44
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347Stroker
Mythbusters proved that doesnt work...lol

My point is, they should fix what they broke....and get the bloody trees out that they were contracted to do. I cant understand why, when they had a crane here that they didnt get them yesterday. you hire a crane on an hourly rate, and it didnt take long to get the truck out....they had realistically already paid for it.
I think from memory when you hire a crane you have to be job specific...
I could be wrong, and depends on company policy too..
Maybe they intend on charging you extra to come back to do the job once the grounds are dry enough.!!
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2006, 01:02 AM   #45
Scott

Wouldn't their Comprehensive Insurance cover them? It would if they ran over your letterbox.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2006, 05:35 PM   #46
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What would you do?

I have had some trees fell in the yard in preparation for the shed, and basically have 4 very large iron bark logs about 20m in length in the yard.
I contacted Enrights Saw Mill of Beaudesert QLD to come and remove the logs.
All was going well untill he was leaving, loaded with the logs, and got bogged.
Well, it just got worse and worse.
They got another truck in, and tried to remove him, but that didnt work, then they tried with the Hiab, nope, now down to the axle....
Finally, they left the truck on my property overnight, and removed it with a crane at just before 7 this morning.
Now I have 4 logs in a different spot in my yard, and some huge trenches where they dragged the truck out.
They claim its my fault....

What do you think?
So they got another one , Ok well first they broke the agreement , a verbal contract ?
they dmaged your property and are liabel for reparation and thirdly its not the first time , Im sure your solicitor will agree . They should repay all damage now or as a minimum repair to acceptable condition and you are with in your rights to expect the repairs promptly as the driver was at fault , dont lose the photos ( waves from Browns Plains) :evilsasmo
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2006, 06:37 PM   #47
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

Yeah hold on to those pics Matt, will come in handy.....It is a truck drivers responsibility to access the situation before driving a big @#$%ing truck on soft wet grass!! I mean how hard is it!! geez Matt you must have been dealing with a couple of rock apes!! Next time chuck on a barbie and a few cans and a few of us from FF's will get stuck into it!! Ive got a pretty kick *** chain saw...

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
vino3o2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2006, 06:57 PM   #48
347Stroker
Banned

Well. what an interesting day.
I contacted Enrights this morning, asking to speak to the owner of the business, only to be forwarded to Paul, whom I have had dealings with. I never told him who I was, and when asked I told him it was to do with the media, as I have contacted quite a few journalists today. Anyway, when I asked him if he was the owner, he said he was one of the owners, and had nothing to say.
About fifteen minutes later, I recieved a call from a Gerrard, who told me HE was the owner of Enrights saw mill.
So I ran through the whole thing with him, in detail and then told him about my plans for legal, and media attention, as well as a billboard in the main street of Beaudesert. I said I would do all this if it wasnt fixed.
Well.....you would not believe his reply....
He stated that ""if thats what you are gonna do, no point me talking to you" and then hung up..........
I was amazed.
Can you believe the hide of this company? They destroy my yard, and still, after hearing my intentions to have it repaired, still will not take responsibility for their actions.....

Next time I will go to the zoo and hire some apes, they would be alot more professional.

Actually, next time I will call you Vince, and put on the cans and barbie, and do a good job right!
Old 06-03-2006, 07:09 PM   #49
347Stroker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by atec77
So they got another one , Ok well first they broke the agreement , a verbal contract ?
they dmaged your property and are liabel for reparation and thirdly its not the first time , Im sure your solicitor will agree . They should repay all damage now or as a minimum repair to acceptable condition and you are with in your rights to expect the repairs promptly as the driver was at fault , dont lose the photos ( waves from Browns Plains) :evilsasmo
What do you mean "they got another one" and "its not the first time" mate? Have you got some light to shed on my dilemas?

Last edited by 347Stroker; 06-03-2006 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:11 PM   #50
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What do you mean "they got another one" and "its not the first time" ate? Have you got some light to shed on my dilemas?
Matt speak to half of the people in your area.... quite a few have had really really bad dealings with those morons.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:17 PM   #51
347Stroker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
Matt speak to half of the people in your area.... quite a few have had really really bad dealings with those morons.
Can you enlighten me Kerri, I am going nuts with their attitude....
Old 06-03-2006, 07:24 PM   #52
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

You have had your say with them

Get a solicitor to draft up a letter, if not there are heaps of books that you can use as a reference to draw up a letter of demand

The more you have in writing the more ammo you will have against them
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2006, 07:28 PM   #53
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Can you enlighten me Kerri, I am going nuts with their attitude....
There were really big problems with them with lots of Munruben residents when there was that power line work happening...
All the residents that backed onto the main nature reserve copped damage to fences, property etc and they also copped a lot of attitude...
These residents were never compensated either, it was a case of fix it themselves.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:30 PM   #54
347Stroker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
You have had your say with them

Get a solicitor to draft up a letter, if not there are heaps of books that you can use as a reference to draw up a letter of demand

The more you have in writing the more ammo you will have against them
Solicitors all worded up and into gear mate....he can see no option for them but to repair, and pay damages.
ACA, Today Tonight, Courier Mail, Beaudesert Times, Jimboomba Times and Radio have all been informed...
Old 07-03-2006, 07:42 AM   #55
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

He was probably shaking when he hung up on you. Seems obvious he was calling you out, hoping you'd go away.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 09:28 AM   #56
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
Solicitors all worded up and into gear mate....he can see no option for them but to repair, and pay damages.
ACA, Today Tonight, Courier Mail, Beaudesert Times, Jimboomba Times and Radio have all been informed...
I think you forgot a GoodYear Blimp sign as well :hihi:

good luck with it, its crap when something like that happens, and a verbal contract is as good as anything these days and can be legally binding.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2006, 01:21 PM   #57
XRated
Shoot.

Updates?

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2006, 01:38 PM   #58
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Have you sorted em out yet matt? I have a chainsaw, a spade and a trailer. And can help clean up the mess. I live like 4.5 hours away and can't afford the fuel. But I would be willing to come down for the weekend and help clean up if you can't get it sorted mate. Let me know how you go.
Old 23-03-2006, 07:33 PM   #59
LUXO_8
windsor user

347, how did you get on with this, just interested....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2006, 07:34 PM   #60
347Stroker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
347, how did you get on with this, just interested....
All in the hands of my solicitirs mate. It made the local papers too....will scan the article later for all to read.