Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 07-06-2005, 02:06 PM   #1
Andrew1
Andrew1

Default Need Help buying a Fiesta

Hi everyone, as u can tell i'm a new guy here. I'm after a Fiesta with the following options and i'm on a very tight budget!! I after an auto with the bodykit, ac and preferably the zetec model. I'ved waited for the financial year sales so i can pick up a bargin. I want to spend MAX $16,500 and i need as much advice from you guys. I'm from melbourne and until now i haven't seen any free extras given out with car. If anyone knows which dealer i should visit please do tell and what i should be tell the guys at the dealership.

Thanks
Andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2005, 02:46 PM   #2
RATT

Andrew,

Try one of the sponsors Strapp Ford first up and I'm sure there are plenty of members who can help out with other dealers.

$16500 is really going to be an LX if your after new, and it would probably closer to $17000 anyway.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2005, 03:14 PM   #3
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Bloody hell if you want an Auto mate your going to be pushing it..

I doubt you could get an Auto for $17,000 on the road with Aircon, if you can then someones doing their *** and not making any money out of it..

Auto is $3000, Aircon is $2000...

If you go go without the Auto then you should be able to pick one up for $17,000. This is for a 3 door LX Poverty Pack, not a 5 door. Kit and alloys would probarly cost you around another $2,000.

Zetecs have a bonus of $2,000 and are $16490 atm plus Auto $2,300 and on roads.

If I was you I'd be saving a bit longer or buying something used or an ex demo or stretch it to the Zetec as they are better value...

These cars are unbelievably expensive for what they are to... If your going to spend $19,000 buy a runout Focus, bigger car with more power.

I also just had a look on carsales.com.au, and there are hardly any under the 18 - 19 grand mark, most of which are manual... Its very unlikely you will get an Auto used for any less then $18,000.

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 07-06-2005 at 03:19 PM.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2005, 03:21 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Depending on where you are here is something that would proabrly suit you.. if you could find the extra $2000

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.dealer_vehicle?vehicle_id=2378332&curr ent_rec=2&total_rec=42&sort_type=1&make_id=6&model _id=4494&state_id=-1&search_distance=25
Old 07-06-2005, 03:24 PM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

$16500 is pushing it if you ask me, especially for a Zetec, in auto... You could most likely get a LX though with that money.... i know that the Ford Dealers up here have LX with leather and a/c for $16000 i think

BUT, since you live in Melb, you should check this out http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/Deskt...ias=carpointau , which has an AUTO ZETEC with most options on it... im sure it was a dealer demo or something similar. It has 15000km on it... $18500.. so you can prob bargin down to $18000

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2005, 03:25 PM   #6
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

hahahhaha, ShockWaveXR6na... you found the same ad as me.... just diff website... I think that is the car to get

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 07-06-2005, 03:32 PM   #7
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep, looks pretty good to doesnt it...

The Fiesta is a nice car to look at and drive (I drove one for a few days in the 4 door auto LX variant) and was very suprised at how well it drove for such a little car... Personally I'd have one over the current Focus but as said above I think they are a little expensive for what they are, plus I only drive XRs myself. :P
Old 07-06-2005, 04:11 PM   #8
Danny
GT4.

That Blue Zetec is a Freakin beautiful car! I saw it in the flesh today at Courtney and Patterson Ford (My car is there atm getting window tint and i have a Focus sedan 2.0l auto curtesy car... UGH! yuk). The pics don't do it justice AT ALL. It caught my eye the second I got there with its euro NSW plates, and I sat inside and I was like ugh its an auto.

If that was manual I would have been kicking myself I didnt wait as I bought my fiesta from Courtney and Patterson only a few months ago and that coulour and kit as exactly waht I would have wanted!!!

Andrew1 do yaself a favour and Definitely get down to Heidelberg Courtney and Patterson Ford ASAP to have a look at that car, as it wont last!! They are great to do business with (We've bought two cars off them in the last 5 months), and are prepared to give you a good deal as its their 60th year celebrations.

EDIT: Forgot to mention it smelled "not new" inside, It made me suspect that the previous owner may have had a few of the ole cancer sticks while driving it.... : It was by no means bad at all, just didnt smell as new as mine, and mine has only 3 thousand less kays.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2005, 04:18 PM   #9
Danny
GT4.

Just realised Andrew1 you're from Templestowe. So am I. SO C&P ford is not too far away. Just round the corner from OLMC and Marcellin (which was my old school).

Will be good to see another Fez getting round the suburbs hahahaha.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:04 PM   #10
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Being a Ford company vehicle it probarly was smoked in... Nothing a bit of airfreshner wont get rid of or maybe a full interior shampoo... Its a young car so yeh.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:26 PM   #11
Danny
GT4.

It didnt smell like ciggaretes at all, it just didnt smell new like mine still does. Smelled a bit Used car air freshnery to me.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:43 PM   #12
Andrew1
Andrew1

I'm not after a demo really, and Danny i've been down to the C&P dealer and the lady there was quite rude so i just left. But i'm going to go down to the BayFord in Preston, because it seems that they are willing to wake the biggest discounts.

I'm hoing for the best but any more advice would great.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:07 PM   #13
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

Hmm...so Ford are giving Factory bonuses on Zetec...well thats nice to know they are helping protect resale values...LOL

But yeah, I dont think you will get into a Zetec for that money. But good luck, you never know and show us pics when U get one!!!
Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2005, 08:10 PM   #14
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Um Ford are giving Factory Bonuses on most cars, especially 04 Plates....

The bonuses on Mark I Fairlane Ghias was around $14,000!

Andrew good luck getting anything new with your budget.... I can easily tell you wont get anything in auto for $16,500 or anywhere near that figure.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:16 PM   #15
Andrew1
Andrew1

Well i'll try but maybe i'll have to get a manual. When i get one i'll post some pictures up.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:29 PM   #16
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

I paid 16600 for my 3dr Black lx with 5 year warranty, i could of had a white one for about $300 cheaper.
Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2005, 09:09 PM   #17
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is it Auto or Manual?
Old 07-06-2005, 11:46 PM   #18
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1
I'm not after a demo really, and Danny i've been down to the C&P dealer and the lady there was quite rude so i just left. But i'm going to go down to the BayFord in Preston, because it seems that they are willing to wake the biggest discounts.

I'm hoing for the best but any more advice would great.
Mate Try again, I didnt even know there was a lady who worked in used cars. You'll find most ford dealers are stand offish with who they perceive as "kids", they dont really have the best service in that respect. Give them another go, mate. When i was there today it wasnt just that blue fiesta there but there was quite a few in all models to choose from, and C&P are willing to do good deals on them.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:55 PM   #19
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Is it Auto or Manual?
Sorry.........its a manual
Old 08-06-2005, 12:03 AM   #20
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Sweet... manual is the way to go....

Old 08-06-2005, 12:21 AM   #21
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Sweet... manual is the way to go....
Definately, they gave me an auto to drive for a day, it still went pretty good but not as fun as the manuals.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:37 AM   #22
Danny
GT4.

I'll second that. Manual fiesta's are great fun. Awesome little things to drive hard.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:25 AM   #23
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Yep, manual ANYday over auto.... even the Semi-autos.... just not the same without a clutch!