Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 01:51 PM   #1
42.57lb
Is tuna chicken or fish?

Lightbulb If you got caught smuggling Heroin...

How much money do you think the government should spen on trying to save your life?

How much should we respect the laws of countries where our citizens break those laws and face a harsher penalty than they would here?

Or is it "do the crime, receive the punishment" it's your fault for being a crim...

Old 01-12-2005, 01:55 PM   #2
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you're guilty, then you're likely to pay a heavy price. A diplomatic approach would be all you could expect - even though it may be unsuccessful.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:04 PM   #3
EA2BA
PM me if you want

NONE at all.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
Old 01-12-2005, 02:08 PM   #4
Valknutr

i wouldnt know im a dumbarse barbie
Old 01-12-2005, 02:10 PM   #5
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Maybe 50 bucks in flower to send to you parents...with a NOTE...

Sorry about your loss, next time teach your stupid KID not to do or be assocaited with DRUGS in a country with the Death Penalty..

PS . Could you please finalise his last tax assessment so we can close the books on this no good son of a b.....

Craig
Old 01-12-2005, 02:19 PM   #6
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYVYSS

Sorry about your loss, next time teach your stupid KID not to do or be assocaited with DRUGS in a country with the Death Penalty..

PS . Could you please finalise his last tax assessment so we can close the books on this no good son of a b.....
Yeah because that's all grieving parents should hear.

20V Turbo

Old 01-12-2005, 02:19 PM   #7
Stampy

Quote:

Here Here

Old 01-12-2005, 02:20 PM   #8
gozza

none
in this case the law was known....you take drugs into singapore and you take the chance of death
BUT the thing that ticks me off is people saying "hang the bastard...how would you like your son to die from a heroin overdose blah blah blah" raise your kid correctly a55hole...even then you can't control eveything...
I DON"T think that the punishment in this case fits the crime...but it not in the small print that you'll be sentenced to death is it....its his fault
Old 01-12-2005, 02:20 PM   #9
twr7cx

I don't mean to be racist, but the first thing I noticed was that that bloke looked more at home there than he does here in Australia.
The Aus Gov. wastes far too much money on there people, even a dollar fifty to send a letter to the parents is far to much as far as I'm concerned! I've got no sympathy for druggies, especially ones who've ed themselves up to such a point that they get the smart idea to do drugs in a country with the death penalty!
On top of that I'd be for the death penalty aswell, provided we could prove cases perfectly, it's a load cheaper than us tax payers paying for them to live in jails. And the jails seem to be getting nicer and nicer for them to live in now (e.g. Risdon jail here in Tassie had a riot over the food, now they get better food - if they have a problem with the ing food maybe they should of considered that before breaking the law!?!).
Old 01-12-2005, 02:23 PM   #10
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

I would think a minor expense to express apologies to the parents.

But its very inconsistent isnt it? Nguyen is found guilty of smuggling drugs - the PM asks for a favour and is knocked back - end of story. Yet the Australian government was paying for a QC ($3,000/day at the cheap end of the scale) to try and get Corby off the hook.

Do the crime - do the time. Go to another country - and accept the fact you are subject to their law and order.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:37 PM   #11
bob^
LPS

There was "doubt" around Corby. She was running around screaming it's not mine, and had a kind of believable story.
This guy on the other hand had it strapped to his body. He couldn't really say it wasn't his.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:47 PM   #12
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
Yeah because that's all grieving parents should hear.

I will still prefer to only have to tell 1 persons parents, or would you prefer to tell the 26000 parents, when the stuff made it to the street and ruined so many lives and possibly killed thousands....

Sorry but

Hang the B@stard.....

Craig
Old 01-12-2005, 02:51 PM   #13
parawolf
beep beep

Yeah - sorry no sympathy what so ever.

You know it's illegal in your home country and abroad. You would know (or at least should) know local customs of places you visit. You violate local law you get prosecuted. No if's, but's or maybe's.

So what would the difference between if the punishment was capital, or being given a pack of chewing gum?
Old 01-12-2005, 03:28 PM   #14
FordFan86
meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
Do the crime - do the time. Go to another country - and accept the fact you are subject to their law and order.
Couldn't have said it better.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:29 PM   #15
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

And what if it was your kid?

I mainly feel sorry for his mum, Im of the belief you do the crime you do the time. Hardline.. don't think he should die for it, but that is the law over there, so I think we need to respect that..

Same as Bali - Though I think it is up the creek when a convicted Terrorist is jailed & given a light sentance, and someone with a weed is given 20years. But that is there law and that is wht you need to respect when visiting

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:41 PM   #16
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
NONE at all.
Here here.

Despite having an open mind on drug use, if you're stupid enough to be caught somewhere in a country that executes users, thats your bad luck.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

Old 01-12-2005, 03:45 PM   #17
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cube
And what if it was your kid?

Then I would have FAILED as a parent.....I would be sad, Yes I feel for his family, and its not a very pleasant thing to occur, BUT he is scum of the earth and deserves to DIE, unfortunatly in Aust we hae too many do gooders, I think honestly we should look at the SAME punishment here for some of the crimes committed instead of the slap on the wrists they seem to be getting at the moment...

Martin Bryant should be dead.
Ivan Milat should be Dead.
Julian Knight should be Dead.
Mr Baldy should be Dead.

They are all a waste of space and time and effort....

Craig
Old 01-12-2005, 03:55 PM   #18
EL_Advanti

Quote:
I will still prefer to only have to tell 1 persons parents, or would you prefer to tell the 26000 parents, when the stuff made it to the street and ruined so many lives and possibly killed thousands....

Sorry but

Hang the B@stard.....

I agree hang him...but i dont have any sympathy for those 26000 parents either...just like his parents failed for whatever reason to raise him better...those parents of the 26000 potential drug using scum need to be hanged too.

Its a matter of supply and demand, if ppl didnt want it, they wouldnt sell it, and vice versa.

See how much worse that sound now...none of can be sure why desperate ppl do what they do....all i pray for is that, i survived the drug craze, and that my kids will one day get through it too...thats it.

Old 01-12-2005, 03:58 PM   #19
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

My main concen about all this is the amount of honest taxpayers money that goes in defending these "criminals"

They get executed..................we pay.
They go to prison....................we pay for upkeep
They go to rehab programs........we pay for the facilities.

Poor street kids......single mums/dads......sick elderly.......pensioners.........povertline wage earners.......who cannot cope with an overtaxed system and socitey that need help daily just to get through will mostly HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR OWN SORROWS

We need to get our priorities right people............DRUG traffickers sell drugs to sick/innocent/addicted people to MAKE MONEY for themselves and their dealer cartels..................

My only sympathies here are to the poor bastard Taxpayers that are probably funding the trips of all the pollies going to SG and flying around OZ trying to rectify this very sad situation.

Now back to work........I need to earn another dollar to fund the defense of another trafficker............... :togo:

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 01-12-2005, 04:03 PM   #20
The Monty
Just slidin'

We should give them nothing. I dont want it to look like Australia is OK with drugs by trying to get these drug smugglers out of their punishments. You risk taking a drug over there, you risk facing their punishment.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:17 PM   #21
parawolf
beep beep

why can't we in australia just knock local dealers out, stuff a condom of herion in their gut and put them on the next plane to singapore? Singapore has the right way to deal with these people - not pussy foot Australia.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:24 PM   #22
BA Bakes
It's Cat huntin season...

I think if you get caught smuggling drugs from another country it your own stupid faulty. It's there country, respect there laws just as we expect vistors to respect our laws.

XRB055 - Black BA MkII XR8 Ute.
6 Speed manual, Leather seats, hard lid.
To do list - Cat back exhaust, new wheels, new shock and front sway bar, and whatever else seems like a good idea

Old Ride
XR40RD - Phantom BA XR6
160 rear wheel killer wasps - Pacemakers - 3" HiFlo Cat - 2.5 Redback exhaust - 18" Speedy Graphite Rims - Dumped on King Superlows - Standard ICC with iPod cradle, 5x7" Boston Acoustics, 12 Alpine sub powered by 4 channel Alpine amp
[/SIZE]
Old 01-12-2005, 04:47 PM   #23
hamo
since the beginning

yeah its real easy to kill or lock away the dealers, they'll just be replaced anyway.
i think more education for users would be a better option. no one is forced to buy drugs

Always Autotech
Old 01-12-2005, 04:50 PM   #24
42.57lb
Is tuna chicken or fish?

I think whoever put forward the suggestion for a minutes silence aught to be put in jail. Elevating a criminal to the staus of a war veteran who died in combat fighting to save this country should be a crime punishable in some way or another.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:56 PM   #25
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Then I would have FAILED as a parent.....I would be sad, Yes I feel for his family, and its not a very pleasant thing to occur, BUT he is scum of the earth and deserves to DIE, unfortunatly in Aust we hae too many do gooders, I think honestly we should look at the SAME punishment here for some of the crimes committed instead of the slap on the wrists they seem to be getting at the moment...

Just as soon as we have a trial maybe.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Old 01-12-2005, 05:07 PM   #26
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42.57lb
I think whoever put forward the suggestion for a minutes silence aught to be put in jail. Elevating a criminal to the staus of a war veteran who died in combat fighting to save this country should be a crime punishable in some way or another.
It does make you wonder what our veterans may think of this atrocity. The nations minute silence is a faithfull gesture to our "departed veterans" :

As original from showroom floor with all options
Additions - Pacemakers turbo400 3" exhaust
Custom cai prototype No 4
Stage 1 shift kit with neck brace
Still to come DIVORCE
Old 01-12-2005, 05:11 PM   #27
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Tottally agree. I know I won't be silent, I reserve my respect to the Vets.

Quote:

Ivan Milat should be Dead.
Julian Knight should be Dead.
Mr Baldy should be Dead.

They are all a waste of space and time and effort....
See where you are coming from and yeah I agree, there are a lot of people that just can't be helped serve no purpose and really are a waste of space and tax payers money...

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:12 PM   #28
Sporty Corty
1977 TE Cortina

I have a friend who had an addiction it ruined their life and their parents lives it was Hell for the whole family for about 5 years, They are clean now.
But there are plenty of families that loose their children to death and addiction.

I agree with his sentence because he is guilty he cant deny his guilt its not a nice way to go and I feel for his family but I can also understand the releif of those 26000 familys.

Singapore must be on the right track with their justice system and sentencing their crime rate is a lot lower than ours.

I think the sentence should match the crime!!!!!
Old 01-12-2005, 05:15 PM   #29
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
I think whoever put forward the suggestion for a minutes silence aught to be put in jail. Elevating a criminal to the status of a war veteran who died in combat fighting to save this country should be a crime punishable in some way or another.

I couldn't believe that was proposed.

I'm against the death penalty as I don't believe that people shouldn't decide on other people's lives (that's my feelings not trying to preach). But I feel that the government shouldn't help a trafficker and I don't have much compassion for addicts either.

If I was in this situation and I'd get life in prison or the death penalty I'd hope I'd get the death penalty and even ask the judge if he gave me life.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:22 PM   #30
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Has anyone here had their child executed? I would doubt it. So its very easy to type some easily typed words without true thought "I dont care - hang him"......

Another point to remember. He didnt take drugs (as in administer/shoot up/etc) in Singapore. He wasnt going to traffic those drugs in Singapore. He was in TRANSIT via Singapore to take them to Australia.

None of that heroin hit the streets in Singapore - so why is he bound by those laws? He isnt a drug dealer in Singapore at all?

So HTF can they execute him?

I have very different views (obviously) than others on this situation.

I agree - he is breaking the law - but I believe the law of his 'target' country (which is actually Australia). I believe he most certainly should be punished. No - it shouldnt be death - and no - Singapore should have nothing to do with his punishment.
Closed Thread