Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-05-2018, 11:03 AM   #91
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: expensive BA GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0132 View Post

I'm the opposite. I couldn't wait to rid myself of my 1977 XC Fairmont 5.8L GXL ...by 1985 it had become a rusty ol POS and not a week went by when there wasn't a new problem with it. When I was offered good coin to change over to an XF Ghia ($2,500) I grabbed it.
Funny isn't it, cars of that era wouldn't last 10 years outdoors without rust.
Build quality of today's cars is much higher
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP

Last edited by GasoLane; 03-05-2018 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Fixed quote
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-05-2018, 02:06 PM   #92
You Yangs
Dunnydore Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss351290 View Post
Rarity is not everything although it is important to a degree. If it was all about rarity then the king would be the TL-50 series 3 5.6 litre. Only one made. You can’t get rarer than that.

I did have xt sorry I was fixing it up when you must have posted
I'm pretty sure there is three T3 TL50 examples. Still ultra rare though.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:15 PM   #93
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Yangs View Post
I'm pretty sure there is three T3 TL50 examples. Still ultra rare though.
There is 3 as known but only 1 is legit with paperwork and serial/chassis #, the other 2 are T2TL's with the stroker fitted and other similar trim additions from memory.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2018, 03:30 PM   #94
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
There is 3 as known but only 1 is legit with paperwork and serial/chassis #, the other 2 are T2TL's with the stroker fitted and other similar trim additions from memory.
So in other words there is one?
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2018, 03:50 PM   #95
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

As quoted by boss351290 originally, yes.
The 1 owner is a AFF member actually.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2018, 09:07 PM   #96
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the bloke who mentioned that the average punters on this forum aren't the type he's marketing to is right. The owner of this GT is on to the auction results where we see Walky's doing $340k etc at Burns and Co Auction recently (Google D'Alberto collection). There were also 2 Toranas which fetched ridiculous coin - one was actually the earliest/1st serial number car with documentation to match/prove. I don't know SFA about Torana but those both went for high $200k.

The people these cars/sellers are looking for are the types that buy the above. It might be a bit of a premature time to cash in on a 2002 GT, but some of the modern Monaro's and GTS' with similar KM have been going in the $100k+ range. I have the auction results but not the effort to post here, so Google it.

It seems we don't do ourselves and our cars favors when we habitually put them and their values down. We've brought mixer shafts and roof-linings in to the equation here - albeit in jest. But all of us need to settle down and remember the times (as already pointed out) where people thought XA/B/C/D/E would be worth nothing. Now you get a XE GL with 150,000KM no power steering or left hand mirror pulling the $7k mark. Anything E-Series V8 flies off eBay, GumTree or CarSales. I sold the most average EB S XR8 manual for $3250 in a matter of hours and was inundated with texts and calls. An XE Ghia 302 that was on GumTree for 11 hours yesterday did $8k with some decent rust but 121km and original books.

The performance of the car (there has been a comparison between BA GT 5.4 and GT-F) has no place in the equation here either. Each car has it's own history and it's own merit which will ultimately determine it's value.

XF and EA will be worth stuff all, ever though. But I'd pay good money for a MPFI 5 speed with less than 80,000km.

Cheers friends.
FPV414 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 04-05-2018, 09:12 PM   #97
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

... and while we're here, and people are positing old motor show pictures - does anyone have pics of the Sydney Motor Show where F6 Typhoon was released?
Old 05-05-2018, 04:20 PM   #98
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV414 View Post
I think the bloke who mentioned that the average punters on this forum aren't the type he's marketing to is right. The owner of this GT is on to the auction results where we see Walky's doing $340k etc at Burns and Co Auction recently (Google D'Alberto collection). There were also 2 Toranas which fetched ridiculous coin - one was actually the earliest/1st serial number car with documentation to match/prove. I don't know SFA about Torana but those both went for high $200k.

The people these cars/sellers are looking for are the types that buy the above. It might be a bit of a premature time to cash in on a 2002 GT, but some of the modern Monaro's and GTS' with similar KM have been going in the $100k+ range. I have the auction results but not the effort to post here, so Google it.

It seems we don't do ourselves and our cars favors when we habitually put them and their values down. We've brought mixer shafts and roof-linings in to the equation here - albeit in jest. But all of us need to settle down and remember the times (as already pointed out) where people thought XA/B/C/D/E would be worth nothing. Now you get a XE GL with 150,000KM no power steering or left hand mirror pulling the $7k mark. Anything E-Series V8 flies off eBay, GumTree or CarSales. I sold the most average EB S XR8 manual for $3250 in a matter of hours and was inundated with texts and calls. An XE Ghia 302 that was on GumTree for 11 hours yesterday did $8k with some decent rust but 121km and original books.

The performance of the car (there has been a comparison between BA GT 5.4 and GT-F) has no place in the equation here either. Each car has it's own history and it's own merit which will ultimately determine it's value.

XF and EA will be worth stuff all, ever though. But I'd pay good money for a MPFI 5 speed with less than 80,000km.

Cheers friends.
Torana A9X just got $365,000 at Lloyds.
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2018, 03:24 PM   #99
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0001-...sedan?spr=true
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2018, 03:32 PM   #100
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

here is P0005 for $16k
https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...-3637372/?Cr=4

and here is a BA GT for $43k
https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...-3582035/?Cr=0

prices are now all over the place
you can get a GT for $10k if your keen and don't mind a few km's on the clock. i'm tempted to get a daily GT now, if i can find a blueprint or white manual BA GT-P for $10k i'm doing it.
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2020, 07:20 PM   #101
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How about a re-visit on the $170k value with the infamous Rona Tax.. Does the value seem to fit now?