Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-07-2007, 06:54 PM   #1
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Asian Cup

Congrats to the Aussies for making it to the second round.
Finally they played some good football.

Now its a quarter final match with Japan.
Japan will want revenge from the world cup.
Should be a good game.

MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 06:54 PM   #2
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

That match against Japan will be an absolute ripper.

Well done to the lads for last night, finally we put one together.
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 08:04 PM   #3
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA GT-HO
That match against Japan will be an absolute ripper.

Well done to the lads for last night, finally we put one together.
I agree. I watched them last night and they were a lot better than Friday night.
charles_wif_xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 08:49 PM   #4
MRJUCY
Fordless

They played much better football then they did in the first two games but they still aren't playing to their potential, hopefully they can win Arnold's last tournament as coach :togo: but they've got some improving to do yet for that to happen.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #5
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
They played much better football then they did in the first two games but they still aren't playing to their potential, hopefully they can win Arnold's last tournament as coach :togo: but they've got some improving to do yet for that to happen.
Indeed, defence wasn't the best, still room for improvement there.
FlipXW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 09:58 PM   #6
1TUFFUTE
Banned

we badly need a bad foriegn coach with some rep like we had for the world cup. Our deffence is what wins us games because we have superior match fitness and endurance to almost every team in world football. We eat them when it matters...the end
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 10:26 PM   #7
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

deep down inside I agree with you.. BUT damn I'd love to see an Aussie coach, Arnie or anyone for that matter take Australia to the top of the world game..

We have world class players, world class referees, world class management/admin (damn you for going back rugby J O'N) all we are missing are top managers :(

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 10:28 PM   #8
Falcon Freak
Banned

Viduka on fire!

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 10:30 PM   #9
kenz
BOSS Pilot

What was the score

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 10:40 PM   #10
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

4-zip
FlipXW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 10:42 PM   #11
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funny thing is, Thailand controlled the tempo for a lot of the game and came close to scoring a few times.
Then all of sudden (with some good subs by Arnold, mainly Cahill) Aus came to life).
Old 18-07-2007, 11:29 AM   #12
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

I'd love to know why it's taking so long to settle the coaching position. Not securing Guus Hiddink past the world cup was a big mistake and they're making another big mistake in not securing a top line coach immediately after Guus left. This delay, coupled with having a caretaker coach who does not have complete support, has caused us to lose the momentum we gained in the world cup. This is why we haven't shown up too well lately.

Get it together Soccer Australia, the next world cup will be on us before you know it!!

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 06:42 PM   #13
herbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearman
I'd love to know why it's taking so long to settle the coaching position. Not securing Guus Hiddink past the world cup was a big mistake and they're making another big mistake in not securing a top line coach immediately after Guus left. This delay, coupled with having a caretaker coach who does not have complete support, has caused us to lose the momentum we gained in the world cup. This is why we haven't shown up too well lately.

Get it together Soccer Australia, the next world cup will be on us before you know it!!
I'm pretty sure that Hiddink was always going to leave us after the world cup, don't think we had much of a chance of keeping him. But yes, we need a top coach/manager long term, not Arnold.
herbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2007, 02:43 AM   #14
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dik Advercart (spelling) will probably be our next coach unless Arnold wins this whole tournement.
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2007, 09:52 AM   #15
MRJUCY
Fordless

Even if we do win he still will get the boot & rightly so.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2007, 09:59 AM   #16
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Maybe the boys need a quiet word from Gus, to get their spirits up again!!
Old 19-07-2007, 10:01 AM   #17
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

I wouldn't say he'd get the boot.. He'll go from caretaker coach back to assistant coach imho.. Not a bad perk for Arnie, learning under some of the worlds best and watching Soccer Australia paying the bill for his tutelage.

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2007, 06:18 PM   #18
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

Socceroos World Cup Journey

Here is a little something to get the memory and emotions going again. Still hurts so bad watching the end of that video..
Old 19-07-2007, 06:21 PM   #19
HTCURRY

Im really disappointed with the style of football the socceroos have decided upon. This isnt meant to sound elitist...but the "hustle and bustle" english style of football is seriously outdated, and even the english are trying to move away from it.

I know with our ties England, and our past history, it is inevitable that we end up following the english style, BUT there really isnt a valid reason to do so....

The makeup of the socceroos and footballers as a whole in this country is a lot more diverse, croatians/serbians/italians/maltese/chileans/uruguay/argentine and many more....

My point being these players come from backgrounds or were brought up to idolize players who relied on skill more than sheer strength.

Yet when they get to the international level they are being stifled, and this is going to set up back.

We are without doubt a better footballing team than Thailand/Iraq/Indonesia/singapore/Iran...yet if you had to choose..you'd watch them play..

They look so much better on the ball...the passing is so intricate, and the team plan consists of more something more than...play a long ball from defense to viduka or get emerton the ball and tell him to simply try to outrun the opposition.

lecture complete....you may all leave the room now.
HTCURRY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2007, 07:21 PM   #20
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your in for it now mate
lol
Old 19-07-2007, 08:32 PM   #21
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearman
Not securing Guus Hiddink past the world cup was a big mistake and they're making another big mistake in not securing a top line coach immediately after Guus left.
Guus Hiddink had accepted the Russian post before the World Cup had even started.

Guus came only for the World Cup. Regardless of whether Australia lost in the qualifying rounds or won the the tournament, he would have left.

Guus is a champ and it would be great to see him return sometime.

For now, rather than complain, let's support the team.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2007, 10:21 PM   #22
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCURRY
Im really disappointed with the style of football the socceroos have decided upon. This isnt meant to sound elitist...but the "hustle and bustle" english style of football is seriously outdated, and even the english are trying to move away from it.

I know with our ties England, and our past history, it is inevitable that we end up following the english style, BUT there really isnt a valid reason to do so....

The makeup of the socceroos and footballers as a whole in this country is a lot more diverse, croatians/serbians/italians/maltese/chileans/uruguay/argentine and many more....

My point being these players come from backgrounds or were brought up to idolize players who relied on skill more than sheer strength.

Yet when they get to the international level they are being stifled, and this is going to set up back.

We are without doubt a better footballing team than Thailand/Iraq/Indonesia/singapore/Iran...yet if you had to choose..you'd watch them play..

They look so much better on the ball...the passing is so intricate, and the team plan consists of more something more than...play a long ball from defense to viduka or get emerton the ball and tell him to simply try to outrun the opposition.

lecture complete....you may all leave the room now.
you make some good points. the top english teams no longer play the old way. bolton and blackburn are the worst offenders, but for some time now manchester united have been playing a much more european style of football and have reaped the rewards. more recently arsenal, liverpool and the chavs (to a lesser extent as they rely on a dirty russians cheque book more than anything else) are playing a flowing quick style of football. as much as we likre to kid ourselves, the guys in our team are not likely to be consdiered for the top teams, except kewell who has glass ankles. cahill could possibly make it, but the rest play a style of football drilled into them by their respecytive clubs.

anyway, i hope we beat japan and go all the way. i feel a bit sorry for arnold who seems to me to the fall guy here. i guess football australia would be quite happy for him to fail, when they ought to be supporting him instead.
RSgerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2007, 10:34 PM   #23
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSgerry
you make some good points. the top english teams no longer play the old way. bolton and blackburn are the worst offenders, but for some time now manchester united have been playing a much more european style of football and have reaped the rewards. more recently arsenal, liverpool and the chavs (to a lesser extent as they rely on a dirty russians cheque book more than anything else) are playing a flowing quick style of football. as much as we likre to kid ourselves, the guys in our team are not likely to be consdiered for the top teams, except kewell who has glass ankles. cahill could possibly make it, but the rest play a style of football drilled into them by their respecytive clubs.

anyway, i hope we beat japan and go all the way. i feel a bit sorry for arnold who seems to me to the fall guy here. i guess football australia would be quite happy for him to fail, when they ought to be supporting him instead.
Good post RSgerry and I agree.

On topic after the first 2 games thank they decided to play some football game 3.
I'm not blaming Arnold entirely as we all don't know what really happens behind the scenes.
Though I do expect to see our guys running and wanting the ball as if their lives depended on it and no coach can do the running for them once on the pitch. Oman and Iraq hammered us and rightly so.
They got to put up or shutup vs Japan, going to be a nail biter I'm afraid and I'm not confident at all but lets hope I'm proved wrong.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2007, 05:17 PM   #24
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSgerry
the chavs (to a lesser extent as they rely on a dirty russians cheque book more than anything else)
Hahahahahaha!

Got 'em no where in the end last season did it? (Besides a narrow win in the FA Cup)
Old 20-07-2007, 07:17 PM   #25
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Draw/Loss/Win ?

Different order but same result as WC 2006 in the prelim's.

Japan ? I hope it's NOT the same result too !!
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 01:22 AM   #26
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Looks like Japan got their World Cup revenge on us. 4-3. Did anyone see the match? What was it like

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 01:59 AM   #27
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz
Looks like Japan got their World Cup revenge on us. 4-3. Did anyone see the match? What was it like
Maybe the Japanese should ditch their jerseys and shorts for blouses and skirts next match. Never have I seen such theatrics and I thought Italy were bad.

I would peg a Kleenex box at all their heads. What soft cocks! Some guy got stretched for a fooking love tap to the head. Plus the referees were full retarded :

No wonder why I stopped play soccer, it's a game for girls. My mum can hit harder FFS
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 03:04 AM   #28
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey kewell got a card for diving.
So he dives too.

All teams do it. Its part of the game.
Old 22-07-2007, 03:41 AM   #29
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX
Hey kewell got a card for diving.
So he dives too.

All teams do it. Its part of the game.
Goes to prove that it is a girls game if you have to fake dive and crap to get anywhere

Actually my coach encouraged it when I used to play. Glad I got out of it cause it really is a soft sport as exhibited by tonights effort. :
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 04:11 AM   #30
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive seen AFL players dive looking fo Free kicks
namely Wanganeen
Didnt an ARL player do a massive one a few weeks back too?
I seem to remember something.