Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 18-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #1
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Default Focus Convertible?

Hey guys, walking through the car park at work today I noticed a couple of Focus's parked there that looked different to me. Had a closer look and realised that they were hardtop convertibles, the rear end looked totally different to the normal Focus. Are these even on sale here yet as I have never seen one before.

Might be worth mentioning that we had a Ford function here today and that they were Ford's cars and had the little metal tag on the plate.

07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2008, 03:28 PM   #2
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They are on sale and have been for a bit over a month now. Great little car if you ask me. Doesn't appeal to everyone but I'm sure it will have a market down here with younger females who want a convetible and low fuel consuption.

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #3
zetec
Zoom Zoom

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Conte...1024&c=DFYPage
Old 19-02-2008, 01:08 AM   #4
nlfbt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
Are these even on sale here yet as I have never seen one before.
Hmmmm, perhaps the ford marketing team should take note of this. I can't think of one piece of advertising material about the Cabriolet focus. Sure, it's a fairly small market segment, but I'm just surprised by the number of people I speak to that have never even heard of the cabriolet focus.

But, happy to be proven wrong.
My Ride : NL Fairlane by Tickford #43 - Stock as a rock. :
nlfbt8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2008, 01:39 AM   #5
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlfbt8
Hmmmm, perhaps the ford marketing team should take note of this. I can't think of one piece of advertising material about the Cabriolet focus. Sure, it's a fairly small market segment, but I'm just surprised by the number of people I speak to that have never even heard of the cabriolet focus.

But, happy to be proven wrong.
I had heard of it, I knew it was coming. I just didn't know it was here. I have seen absolutely no marketing for this car yet.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2008, 05:19 PM   #6
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

There's been nothing on TV about it as far as I know, only minimal online advertising.

The only people who know about Ford's cars are people who are already interested and actively looking for them. People who dont know or dont care about Fords in particular dont know anything about their products at all.

They just dont spend enough on advertising. Not enough at all.
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2008, 06:39 PM   #7
zetec
Zoom Zoom

There have been TV ad's as part of the "Everyone's Journey is Different" Advertising at the end of last year. The Focus had its own 30sec TV ad and also formed part of the overall range ads showcasing Focus, Fiesta etc. It only came out towards the end of the year as it only launched just before christmas.

The car was also at Sydney Motorshow on display with customers sitting in it and seeing the roof displayed.

A lot of companies don't just blanket advertise their whole range, they target them to different segements. If you haven't seen an ad or tv commercial, chances are it's being shown in magazines that you don't read or in other places that you don't watch. Being a car targeted at women, it's more likely to have been shown on things like desperate housewives and womens lifestyle magazines and not shown in Wheels, Motor or during the V8 Supercars where you'd see Falcons or Focus XR5 Turbo or something different.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:27 AM   #8
Katoomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeestaNob!
There's been nothing on TV about it as far as I know, only minimal online advertising.

The only people who know about Ford's cars are people who are already interested and actively looking for them. People who dont know or dont care about Fords in particular dont know anything about their products at all.

They just dont spend enough on advertising. Not enough at all.
So true. In the months leading up to our purchase of a Mondeo, there were no Ford Co ads for any models in the Saturday edition of the Sydney Morning Herald.
Katoomba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 01:40 PM   #9
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Probably explains why the February sales for the Cab made a total of 29!

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post