Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
T3man
Banned

Default AMC #53 T3 write-up

Issue 53 of Australian Muscle Car mag has hit the stands today.

There is a very comprehensive story on the T3 including a lot of background on the T-Series in general. It is very well researched and well written; so go grab a copy ... and dare to dream!

OWN THE ROAD

T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2011, 11:21 PM   #2
DaveTE
Back in black

Thumbs up

And I was just about to get on here and say the same thing. Good read fellas, have a look if you get the chance.
DaveTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #3
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Already got it! Shame they used a pic of a T2 for the TE50..... and said that T2/3 got the 5.6L.
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3man
Issue 53 of Australian Muscle Car mag has hit the stands today.

It is very well researched and well written
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO AU XR8
Already got it! Shame they used a pic of a T2 for the TE50..... and said that T2/3 got the 5.6L.
Slight contradiction here lol
Old 09-01-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
T3man
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave93761
Slight contradiction here lol
You'll get that on internet forums.

Some people can't read. Some people don't understand what they read.

Some people take things out of context and some people don't tell the full story.

For instance, in one section describing the T3; the models were explained and a few different pics were used - one of those pics was of a T2 TE50 and TL50 while another had a T3 TE50 and TS50. Sometimes pics in magazines don't directly relate to the text that they are placed near - you have to make allowances for page layout and "fillers" because that's how a lot of pics are used. In my mind to criticise the mag for that is a bit harsh - it's not that they didn't have the correct images there as well. Blind Freddy can tell the difference between a T2 and T3.

Furthermore nowhere was it stated that T2 and T3 got the 5.6L engine. In fact there were several places in the article where the shortcomings of the T1 and T2 5.0L engines was specifically mentioned.

What was said was that; at the press release the vehicles used all appeared in T2 guise. Naturally, as they were T2 cars built as P cars. The press release in Tasmania was before the T3 production started in Nov 2001 so of course they were T2s; with the T3 running gear and body work - but they had the T2 interiors.

So I say to everyone, "Get hold of a mag and read it for yourself then make up your own mind."

And to those wanting to buy one of my T3s ... sorry I'm down to just two now and I'm not selling any more!
Old 09-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #6
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does this or does not state AU 2/3 TE/TS50?
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #7
T3man
Banned

Yeah, it also says they went through to 2003. So I guess that mini headline that someone ballsed up makes the whole article a waste of time. My bad.