Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 30-04-2020, 07:51 PM   #1
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
When i left for work on the 11th Feb little did i know i would not be getting back until the 2nd of May.....

I will be getting off the ship (not a Cruise ship ) tomorrow morning in Darwin Harbour via launch to Stokes Hill Wharf then on to the Airport, first flight is to Alice Springs then on to Sydney then Brisbane, overnight at the Ibis Hotel at Brissy Airport then Tilt Train to Bundy....round about way of getting home but it'll do me just fine.....

Roll on 7.30am tomorrow
Welcome home! I'm curious though because I know there are exemptions but why don't you have to do 14 days mandatory in a hotel or is that exempted because you're returning from work and/or been isolated on a ship already?
3 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2020, 08:26 PM   #2
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Welcome home! I'm curious though because I know there are exemptions but why don't you have to do 14 days mandatory in a hotel or is that exempted because you're returning from work and/or been isolated on a ship already?
Thanks! We are working out of Darwin in Australian waters only so no overseas calls. We have the the same exemptions as the guys working on the Australian Border Force boats so have a bunch of papers & passes to carry with us, plus we never left the Port area when we came in for cargo etc so no, no 14 days required.

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
4 users like this post:
Closed Thread