Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-01-2022, 09:29 PM   #1
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Default Standard AU clock

as mentioned the clock fitted to the AU. and my query is ..... have looked at the AU WSM & gone yep ok .... grabbed one out of an AU, hooked it up to 12 volts as per diagram and blew the globe . as per WSM- Y-B for main power, V-R for ignition power, black to earth & white for light. not sure what is going on as i had Y-B display clock time with V-R working the light. white blew the globe!

so right now i'm trying to workout what's the problem ........... with the clock [not me]

cheers
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2022, 10:02 PM   #2
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Default Re: Standard AU clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad2 View Post
as mentioned the clock fitted to the AU. and my query is ..... have looked at the AU WSM & gone yep ok .... grabbed one out of an AU, hooked it up to 12 volts as per diagram and blew the globe . as per WSM- Y-B for main power, V-R for ignition power, black to earth & white for light. not sure what is going on as i had Y-B display clock time with V-R working the light. white blew the globe!

so right now i'm trying to workout what's the problem ........... with the clock [not me]

cheers
Coupla questions...

Are you using genuine globes or aftermarket?

Is the globe actually blowing or is it just not working?

The reason I ask is that the globe holders, particularly aftermarket ones, can very temperamental and tend to loose contact with circuit board.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-01-2022, 10:13 PM   #3
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Default Re: Standard AU clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
Coupla questions...

Are you using genuine globes or aftermarket?

Is the globe actually blowing or is it just not working?

The reason I ask is that the globe holders, particularly aftermarket ones, can very temperamental and tend to loose contact with circuit board.
factory globe holders. globe [standard globe not led] was working when the V-R wire was connected, but when the white [for lights] was connected . . . .. . . . . . she no longer worky

have another working globe - but i don't want to blow that one as well

so when clock is powered up .. it's on full time.
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post