Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-02-2024, 09:09 PM   #11
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Cheers. It's been well looked after but I don't think any fancy product has been used. Paint still looks quite glossy so it's not like I'm trying to bring something dull back to life.

The owner wasn't in to cleaning door jambs etc. A bug bear of mine, so will need a bit of love in those areas.

I'll start a thread (another one) in the Everest section soon on my thoughts around the car and transitioning from territory.
In which case, just give it a solid decon wash using Lift or Snow+, an IPA wipe down, then apply Lustre and/or Jet.

I HATE dirty and neglected door jambs, it takes less a couple of minutes to wipe them down after each wash, meaning they never get truly dirty.

Don't be afraid of blasting the jambs with your pressure washer to get the bulk of the dirt off. Just be mindful of your angle, and probably avoid the upper jambs and go from the door latch down. Same for the doors.

Then you can go back with a towel and some form of water-less/rinse-less wash. I find having a bucket of rinse-less (or soapy water) on hand to rinse out your towel as needed very helpful.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: