Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 17-09-2006, 09:20 PM   #1
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Default Phat Pack

hey guys
ive been hearing on the radio about this phat pack offered my sinclair ford up in Penrith. any one know what its about. or any one got any piccies.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2006, 10:07 PM   #2
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Its a special being offered by donut king.

Bright pink LS focus with a lifetime supply of donuts
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2006, 10:11 PM   #3
amlohac

yes..............phaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
amlohac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2006, 10:15 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
Its a special being offered by donut king.

Bright pink LS focus with a lifetime supply of donuts
obviously designed to increase used focus sales - by the time you worked your way through the donuts theres no way you could fit in the bloody car!
Old 17-09-2006, 10:27 PM   #5
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

My mate was telling me about this. Not too sure if its only on lx or cl or both

Ford factory bodykit
17 inch rims
Exhaust
Old 18-09-2006, 11:16 AM   #6
BlackLS

Theres also a girls one - Diva Pack.

Its a dealer special by Sinclair Ford
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 03:31 PM   #7
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I've seen the ad in the Penrith Press. It's got what looks like 18 Inch wheels identical to our very own ZETEC20.

For $28,990 Driveaway you get a CL base 5 Speed with a body kit, lowered suspension, Cruise Control and "PHAT" decals that's guaranteed to make the thing go a "100 mph" quicker!!

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 03:34 PM   #8
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Why cant they actually name these offers something decent.

Like CL sport pack. At least it doesnt sound like you are getting some dodgey hotted up POS.

i would NEVER buy anything modified by a dealer and given the name PHAT PACK.

More like Sh1t sack
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 11-10-2006, 02:58 PM   #9
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I had a closer look at one yesterday and noticed the manufacturer of the kit is TALON. Has anyone heard of them?. It looks o.k. but as they say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". The silver one that's parked out front is an Auto.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:02 PM   #10
BlackLS

Talon Body Styling Pty Ltd.

459 The Boulevarde
Kirrawee NSW 2232
Australia

from http://www.talonbodystyling.com.au

I just sent them a quick email re Focus kits.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:06 PM   #11
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

My preference (if I were a LS Owner) is to put a XR5 Turbo Rear Spoiler on but I've read in another thread that there was a non XR5 Turbo owner being refused a rear spoiler from a Dealer because he didn't own one.

Old 12-10-2006, 11:43 PM   #12
zetecboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
My mate was telling me about this. Not too sure if its only on lx or cl or both

Ford factory bodykit
17 inch rims
Exhaust
It isn't a ford bodykit. As some one else mentioned the kit is done by Talon. Full front replacement bar, side skirts, rear bumper lip with twin holes for exhaust (the cars at Sinclair are only running a single exhaust though which looks pretty silly) and a wing extension off the rear shade which appears bigger than that of the XR5. The claim they have "sports performance suspension" but I really don't know if that is the case or just some gimic. Overall the cars look good - I wouldn't mind the rear bumper lip extension for my Zetec and give it twin pipes out the back.

I emailed Talon about the kit and they said it was still under production but would send me some photos and prices when it is done.
zetecboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2006, 09:31 AM   #13
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Welcome on the forums matey. how long you had your focus for.

Old 13-10-2006, 11:35 AM   #14
zetecboy

Thanks. Had the Zetec now for only 2-3 months. Didn't buy it new, but it only had 24000k's on it and was a great buy. Got rid of a Ford Escape to go to the focus, the escape V6 was just too thirsty plus everything else about it was expensive too insurance, rego, tyres.

The only problem so far with the focus is I've had a rear engine mount flex which had to be replaced but while I was waiting for the part to come from Melbourne I started to get a front end wobble between 60-80km's. Ford cliamed the new mount would fix it but it didn't so it is back in today for them to sort it out.

I checked out the "Phat pack" again this morning when I dropped it off and the springs are different to the standard ones they have on the CL/LX. That rear is so sexy though!!
Old 13-10-2006, 11:40 AM   #15
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetecboy
Thanks. Had the Zetec now for only 2-3 months. Didn't buy it new, but it only had 24000k's on it and was a great buy. Got rid of a Ford Escape to go to the focus, the escape V6 was just too thirsty plus everything else about it was expensive too insurance, rego, tyres.

The only problem so far with the focus is I've had a rear engine mount flex which had to be replaced but while I was waiting for the part to come from Melbourne I started to get a front end wobble between 60-80km's. Ford cliamed the new mount would fix it but it didn't so it is back in today for them to sort it out.

I checked out the "Phat pack" again this morning when I dropped it off and the springs are different to the standard ones they have on the CL/LX. That rear is so sexy though!!
cool bananas. hope it all gets fixed up okay.

the springs are probably Zetec ones. as the zetec is lowered with stiffer suspension.

what model is your Focus.

Old 13-10-2006, 11:49 AM   #16
zetecboy

05 LS Zetec auto (had to get auto for my wife to drive it) Blueprint in colour
Old 13-10-2006, 12:02 PM   #17
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Hey Zetecboy,

Welcome to the Eurofordclub! BTW, do you use the semi-auto mode a lot? If so, what's your opinion on it? Or do you just leave it in 'D'.?

Old 13-10-2006, 12:09 PM   #18
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
05 LS Zetec auto (had to get auto for my wife to drive it) Blueprint in colour
not bad at all. Blueprint look awesum. got piccies?? you should start your own thread introducing yourself to every1 with piccies of your car and alittle about yoursefl and all tha jazz. up to you , you dont have to.

you should find that we are a friendly bunch though.

Old 13-10-2006, 12:10 PM   #19
zetecboy

I like to use it at different times. Prefer to use it off the line and then throw it back for the car to do its own down shift. Having driven a manual for years and then went to a clom shift auto for the Escape and now to the"semi" automatic it's very different to a true manual. I find I can't control the revs as much as I would like to. My wife who has finally got her P's (we're both 29) won't touch it.

I'd like to find out if I put a sports exhaust whether I get a nice sound from it being an auto?
Old 13-10-2006, 12:12 PM   #20
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
I like to use it at different times. Prefer to use it off the line and then throw it back for the car to do its own down shift. Having driven a manual for years and then went to a clom shift auto for the Escape and now to the"semi" automatic it's very different to a true manual. I find I can't control the revs as much as I would like to. My wife who has finally got her P's (we're both 29) won't touch it.

I'd like to find out if I put a sports exhaust whether I get a nice sound from it being an auto?
you should. all depends on the system you put on. best person is to talk to Zetec20 he has a really nice one on his car. but regardless would sound sweet.

Old 13-10-2006, 12:37 PM   #21
BlackLS

Quote:
For the exhaust it'll sound good idling and revving, but when on the road in an auto, it depends on your driving style.
Old 14-10-2006, 01:42 AM   #22
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Dont ask Zetec20, he knows nothing, unless its in regards to beer n bi7ches... *puts on flame suit*

Loads of fun :
Old 14-10-2006, 12:16 PM   #23
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha, *breathes fire* i don't drink beer i mainly drink vodka or gin, ask my liver! *liver says - I hate you Isaac!* anyone keen to come out in wollongong tonight to celebrate my being alive for 20 years so far?!?!
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2006, 01:15 PM   #24
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Isaac,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY for the 10th, Mate. You're still only a "Spring Chicken".

Old 14-10-2006, 01:16 PM   #25
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone got pictures of these cars. Being in Melbourne I can't judge these things. Melbourne dealers don't want to touch the cars at all.

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2006, 02:44 PM   #26
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They're going to do up a zetec at my brother's work and they're thinking of basing it on mine (ie. 20's and VERY low) because of the amount of people walking through the door asking about my car :P we'll see how it turns out, hopefully it wont be nicer otherwise i'll have to steal it
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 12:09 AM   #27
zetecboy

The Phat pack looks like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21d3ina.jpg (87.4 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg 21d3g2a.jpg (75.4 KB, 74 views)
Old 17-10-2006, 12:32 AM   #28
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

Quote:
The Phat pack looks like this:
More like Rice pack. :thebirds:
Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 08:57 AM   #29
raymon81

oh no thats fugly, please nobody on here even think about it!
Lowered 30-35mm King springs, Custom leather interior, Polished standard 17s rims, Cadance monoblock amplifier and Alpine Type S sub woofer, clear reverse+fog+tail lights, Angel eyes and a few CHROMEEEEEE bits on my baby.
raymon81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 09:32 AM   #30
Marshy79

OK the guys on the XR5 forum have pointed out this isnt some "phat pack" model... its the TDCI model which Aus doesnt get.
Marshy79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post