Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-07-2014, 03:10 PM   #1
biased99
Occasional V8 user...

Default Gearbox Speedo transducer options...

Hopefully, I have the terminology right...

I have an AU2 V8 Falcon Ute, which has had a 3.9 ratio LSD installed. As a result, the speedo (and odo/trip meters) read "fast"; the speedo by ~20KPH at all speeds...

Short of sourcing a 3.45 ratio diff to restore speedo accuracy, the other option was to replace the transducer with one "geared" for a 3.9 ratio diff. Problem is that the biggest on Ford stocks is a 23-tooth version (original was 22 teeth), so the correction has meant that the speedo still over-reads by 10KPH through the range.

Question is, does anyone know of transducer units compatible with the T5 gearbox which may have been sold in the US or UK (for example) that are 24 teeth (which will restore the speedo to near-accuracy)? Or, does anyone know where I might find that information?

Thanks in advance for any/all assistance.

Michael

Old 03-07-2014, 05:58 PM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Default Re: Gearbox Speedo transducer options...

You will need to fit a "Speedo Corrector". A little electronic box that splices in to the sender wire to the speedo and allows you to adjust it.
I bought one a long time ago but never got around to fitting it before I sold the car (had 4.11 diff in the AU).
Not sure what they are worth now, mine was $50 fully assembled.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #3
biased99
Occasional V8 user...

Thanks mate, sounds like the GO. Will have a hunt around for one. Cheers.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:14 PM   #4
biased99
Occasional V8 user...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
You will need to fit a "Speedo Corrector". A little electronic box that splices in to the sender wire to the speedo and allows you to adjust it.
I bought one a long time ago but never got around to fitting it before I sold the car (had 4.11 diff in the AU).
Not sure what they are worth now, mine was $50 fully assembled.

Just as an aside, do you remember where you got your from? There are a sh*tload of (what look like) bike-specific ones out there, but not many for cars...(Do you still have yours, perchance?)
Old 04-07-2014, 10:55 AM   #5
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Yeah, I still have mine stashed away still in the original bubble wrap packaging. If you want it PM me and we can sort something out I'm sure.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2014, 11:21 AM   #6
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Hi Michael. I am pretty sure Jaycar sell them. Good luck.

Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2014, 05:39 PM   #7
BLU-220
FG XR50 TURBO
Donating Member3

Micheal you can buy this

cheers Dean

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Speedomet...fa49712&_uhb=1
BLU-220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post