Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
SlipKnoT

Default Fairlane rear seats in forte sedan?

Hey there, been awhile since ive been on but im looking at some fairlane seats tomorow for my s2 forte and im not sure if the back seats go straight in so i did some searching but different threads had different answer when it came to fitment so can anyone tell me for sure if they go straight in or not? Thanks

SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fairlane rear seats in forte sedan?

I can tell you for sure that the base will clip straight in no problems. I think however the side bolsters will be slightly larger on the fairlane and the floor pan I am pretty sure is different therefore the backrest brackets will also be different. But I can not confirm the backrest or side bolsters.

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Hey mate. Send a pm to poelwyk..
He put my old fairlane seats into his forte..
He should be able to give you some tips..

Cheers

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

Base will Clip in the Side bolsters u will need to get your old ones raped in the lane stuff....

the Botten Hinge bit of the back seat will Bolt in no prob but you will need to make a new set of Hinges outa 2 sets on Hinges to make one as it sits lower

Hope it helps ... heres some pics

Sorry for crappy pics

heres some pics of the Hing Issue (sorry no pics of new ones made)

Old 14-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #5
SlipKnoT

so is it just the side bolsters that wont bolt in? if so is it easy to just take the leather off the lane bolsters and put it on my forte ones?............. would i just be able to get some lane hinges and bolt them to my car making the lane seats fit? sorry for so many questions hahaha
Old 15-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #6
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipKnoT
so is it just the side bolsters that wont bolt in? if so is it easy to just take the leather off the lane bolsters and put it on my forte ones?............. would i just be able to get some lane hinges and bolt them to my car making the lane seats fit? sorry for so many questions hahaha

thats all i did with the Bolsters i used the Lane Leather and re waped my Forte ones in it.....

the Latch itself will not work as the Lanes and Forte's where the Exact same so u will need to make your own I looked into all this when i was doing it to mine but once i made up a latch it worked......

you must Do the latch as the car will not be roadworthy!!!! as under hard brakeing the seats fall farward and = bad news for people in the back seat

any more info im glad to help with
This user likes this post:
Old 15-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #7
SlipKnoT

alright thanks mate.. slightly off topic but how do i go about wiring up the drives seat to the forte?
Old 15-05-2012, 11:27 PM   #8
hagarone

pick a fat one under the carpet and tape into it. And the black earth screw directly to the floor.
hagarone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #9
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was reading a thread on here the other day suggesting the use of the wiring out the back of the cigarette lighter as apparently has the same kinda capacity as the seat requires? Not too sure but this is what I plan on doing.

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2012, 12:02 AM   #10
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

i just ran a new wire and fuse for the seat
Old 16-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #11
SlipKnoT

so im assuming i just need to find 12v and run another wire to earth? sounds easy enough... ill put up what i do unless someone beats me to it
Old 20-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #12
SlipKnoT

seats are in look great... however now the airbag light on the dash comes on? there was no seat belt pretensior wires on the fairlane seats so the plug for the pretentioners that comes out of the carpet isnt connected to anything.. is that the cause of the light coming on? is it dangerous?
Old 20-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #13
hagarone

Use your old ones. You must have the airbag light off for it 2 work.
Old 20-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #14
SlipKnoT

alright will do
Old 20-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #15
hagarone

skype me if you need help.
Old 20-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #16
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

yes thats right you will need to Take your Seat belt and pretentioners from your old one and put them on the lane seats
Old 21-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #17
SlipKnoT

cheers fellas your both great help top blokes
Old 15-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #18
wallyt99
Starter Motor

Many thanks for the posters in this thread. It was probably the most useful of the pages on the subject although still a little sparse on the info. I thought I would supplement it with my own information:

I did the front seats on the weekend. I had purchased what looked like series 1 seats Fairlane for my series 2 AU. That meant that they did not have the correct buckles which should be integrated to the airbag system. Not sure if they are called pretensioners.

I tried to place the AU2 Belt buckles onto the fairlane seats however the bolt fitting them was different and it also had an extra piece riveted onto the frame. To avoid any modifications to this area, I placed the fairlane seats onto the AU2 Rails. This meant did not use the electric seat however this didn't seem a big issue for me. It seemed more important to have the safety of the airbag and belt system working than to have an electric seat.

Need a T50 torx bit in order to undo the seats.

I have not done the rears yet but have heard various suggestions including that I should - 'Drill into the hinge; Use washers; create a new bracket; Place the seats onto the AU2 Frame. Recovering the bolsters seems mandatory.

I will update after I finish doing the rears. Wally.
wallyt99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #19
debonez
AU5LTR

Hey wally did you ever finish this? as i am looking at doing a similar thing but i would be putting a series two fairlane interior into my series one fairmont
debonez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #20
wallyt99
Starter Motor

Yep.... (well almost - Lazy me has not reuphostered the bolsters!). The issue is photographed pretty well above.

If you see Poelwicks photos - the photo third from the top indicates the issue - the rear seats sit a bit lower than the old ones so somehow you need to move the 'u shaped bracket' down - You only have - one bolt hole and - a hole in the wall where the clip slides into - you can see that part in the bottom two pictures

My - slightly dodgy but effective approach was -

You can see that the brackets have a right angle with a hole in the top. I straightened this out and put the bolt through there. To keep it in place I attached a bit of sheet metal to the back which slid into the hole where the bottom of the 'u shaped bracket' used to go.. That was it - wasn't too hard.

Not sure if it would pass roadworthy because it is non standard but they are very rigid. I have a gas tank so never fold the seats down and the car is so old I am not sure I will be selling it any time soon.

Depending on your fabricating skill (or friends with them) you could do a really good job of modifying the bracket.... I just did a bodgy and it was fine.
wallyt99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #21
debonez
AU5LTR

Ok sweet thanks man! yeah i have a gas tank as well and people were telling me i would have to drill new holes in to the wall between the boot and seats. i wasn't keen on doing that for obvious reasons haha. well i will see if i can win some seats and give it a go, thanks again mate
debonez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2014, 05:16 PM   #22
vdvryank

Quote:
Originally Posted by POELWYK View Post
thats all i did with the Bolsters i used the Lane Leather and re waped my Forte ones in it.....

the Latch itself will not work as the Lanes and Forte's where the Exact same so u will need to make your own I looked into all this when i was doing it to mine but once i made up a latch it worked......

you must Do the latch as the car will not be roadworthy!!!! as under hard brakeing the seats fall farward and = bad news for people in the back seat

any more info im glad to help with
Hi POELWYK, you wouldn't have any details or photos on the modified latches would you, or did you simply lower them? Lowering them isn't something I would think could be done as you'd be using a different part of the body.

I've currently got a complete S2 Fairlanes interior coming to go into my Fairmont and this will be the only thing I will need to do to fit.
vdvryank is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post