Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-10-2010, 09:59 PM   #1
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

Default C4 behind a windsor in a Au?

G'day all,
I need some info on putting a c4 in an au behind a 5l. Can anyone shed some light on the subject or has anyone done it. I'm worried about the fit, like touching the steering rack with either the gearbox itself or the startermotor as i've heard someone say they do on the e series. Does someone do a bellhousing with the starter on the passenger side or would a smaller starter work. Also any problems with header clearance. Any help would be great thanks.

blownv8au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2010, 11:11 PM   #2
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My C4 in my EF XR8 had issues with extractors but was modified to suit but not sure about starter.

Call Al from AL's race glides Sydney as he has done a few E series ith C4 and also an AU with a C4 so im sure he can help u.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:51 PM   #3
Cam
Stroking it...

Would also be interested! If you get any info blownv8au please let me know
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2010, 12:52 AM   #4
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

thanks mickyyyy i will give him a bell might even enquire about a box while i'm at it.
Will do cam.
Old 13-10-2010, 11:20 PM   #5
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get a box from Al and u will be very happy like i was, say Michael with the blue stroker EF XR8 that he built a C4 sent u.
Old 17-10-2010, 12:02 PM   #6
Cam
Stroking it...

Any update blownv8au?
Old 17-10-2010, 12:06 PM   #7
MAV50L
Banned

Dellow Automative does a bellhousing with the starter on the passenger side.
MAV50L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #8
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

no nothing yet cam, been busy ordering wheels and steel so i can build a tray next weekend. Mav50l thats good news, but i didn't think about header clearance for the starter on that side since off the shelf extractors are made for drivers side clearance. So custom headers may be required which i'll have to do down the track but if i can't get a c4 to fit with what i have now it'll have to wait and i'll get a replacement t5 for now.
Old 17-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #9
MAV50L
Banned

AU extractors off the shelf are for a passenger side starter.
MAV50L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2010, 02:13 PM   #10
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

blownv8au

If u go bigger than a 205cc head u will need a custom set of extractor made up dude to port size and bolt thread locations not meeting.
Old 17-10-2010, 03:11 PM   #11
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAV50L
AU extractors off the shelf are for a passenger side starter.
Yeah lol my bad got mixed up for a moment ha ha. Thats good news about dellow i'll give them a ring this week, thanks mate.
Yeah i'll have to mickyyyy and since you put me onto thinking about trickflows i'd definitly have to ports are raised 0.750in were as afr i was hoping to cut the flange off and get new one lazer cut and weld back on and hope i had enough clearance. Cheers, Preston.
Old 17-10-2010, 06:10 PM   #12
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If u get ur heads from TEA or Foxlake they have porting programs upto 255cc intake s u run less boost
Old 17-10-2010, 07:01 PM   #13
Cam
Stroking it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyyyy
blownv8au

If u go bigger than a 205cc head u will need a custom set of extractor made up dude to port size and bolt thread locations not meeting.
Hrm that's very interesting, I have VIC JNR's and the bolt holes line up, although as I didn't fit the extractors I am unsure of port size compared to the heads..
I am running some old pacies..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAV50L
Dellow Automative does a bellhousing with the starter on the passenger side.
Good to know, thanks for that!
Old 16-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #14
Cam
Stroking it...

Default Re: C4 behind a windsor in a Au?

Thread mine I know... But a C4 conversion is back on my radar.. Did this end up happening blownv8au??

Am contemplating going from 4sp + 3.9's + 2800 stall + LSD to C4 + 3.08 + 2800 stall + LSD..
Old 17-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #15
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

Hasn't happened yet cam, i've been stuffing around put the ute motor in my eb. I did buy a left hand starter kit off here a couple of months ago. So now i need a box to dummy up to make a crossmember and measure it for a tailshaft. Will get around to it but i'm a bit more focused on the eb atm. Have you had a look around or contacted dellow at all.
The kit i got is a bit of a let down. Its a c4 bellhousing with the left side cut out a bit and an adapter plate, but they have cut abit to far and cut half way through one of the bolt lugs. So i don't really know how strong its going to be. I don't think it will handel what i want to feed through it so its likely a waste of about $400.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #16
toyotaxr8

I am running a Ford AOD auto in my ute, and the starter is on the right hand side looking from the back of the car to the front. i ended up using a BA 6 cyl starter and it cleared the rack good, just had to remove a bit of metal on the snout to clear the ring gear. Custom pipes are a must to clear the starter being on the drivers side, i will look tomorrow to see if the c10 i have is the same as the AOD but i am sure that it is
Old 06-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #17
Sir Ed
Starter Motor

hi guys does the au ecu need to run a std auto box or can the c4 bolt up and it runs fine still??
Sir Ed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #18
toyotaxr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ed
hi guys does the au ecu need to run a std auto box or can the c4 bolt up and it runs fine still??
I had no issues with mine. But you can get the AU ecu flashed to think its a manual this will stop the fllowing from happening, stop the car from running the thermo fans all the time and stop it from logging trans fault codes and will remove the gear position indicator from the dash. I never did this The fans never botherd me as the car was mostly used for racing, if you dont flash it to manual you will also need to bridge the inhibitor switch to allow the car to turn over and start. I have been told that ford can flash the ecu for you at a cost, you could also just change the ecu for a manual one if it works out cheaper, also place that does ford tuning should be able to help you out.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #19
Sir Ed
Starter Motor

ok cool thanks mate. none of those things will worry me as its just going to be a skid car/ drag car to save me wrecking my ed xr8
Sir Ed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #20
toyotaxr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ed
ok cool thanks mate. none of those things will worry me as its just going to be a skid car/ drag car to save me wrecking my ed xr8

Cool as dude