Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-10-2021, 02:39 PM   #1
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Pool Pump vs Jacaranda Debris

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
The only reason i can think of as to why the pump was before the cartridge filter is if you drained the filter it would be then full of air and water pumps dont pump air so i reckon if it was done in the opposite orientation so filter first, the pump would need to be primed manually with a hose or something every time the filter was drained and cleaned
Our pump is roughly 2ft above and 11m from the other end of the suction pipe in the skimmer box.

It will take somewhere between 30 and 90 sec to get water flowing through the pump. The X factor is how much water remains in the pump, outlet pipe and filter above it. Remembering 2 mins is about as long as you'd want to run the pump without water.

If there is no water in the pump or above it, it wont suck water from the pool at all. It needs to be partially primed.

If you put the pump on the other side of the filter I don't know if it would at all be possible to suck water through a cartridge filter, whether it was full of water or not. Definitely wouldn't be able to suck through a sand filter. You'd be asking alot of the pump to suck through filter media.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post