Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2024, 12:46 PM   #1
stinker
Starter Motor

Default Mystery fluid leak, TC 2013 Zetec Ecoboost

Hi folks, Greg here, I'm a new member of the forum.

I have a 2013 TC hatch, 2.0 litre turbo petrol, auto, 74,000 klms. I bought it second hand in early 2016, at which time it had 35,000 k's on the clock.

I don't do many k's as you can tell, and I often do short trips (3 to 5 minutes). I have it serviced according to the logbook, which is every 12 months. The last service was done just before Xmas.

It's leaking quite a bit of fluid. My local mechanic has checked it out, he recommended I take it to a Ford dealer for investigation.

The local mechanic tells me that the leak isn't coming from the top of the engine. He said that he can't tell what the fluid is.

The fluid leaked onto a friend's newly laid concrete driveway recently, the stain is black, and it looks quite stylish on the new concrete. The pic below shows the stain, I was parked there for 3.5 hours, so not a small leak.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...mlWJ8PgIjBpss4

Something I've noticed is, if I park on a hill, there'll be fluid on the ground when I drive away, whereas if I park on flat ground there isn't.

I've got it booked in at Byrne Ford Brisbane for a check and quote tomorrow.

Anyone have any suspicion as to what it might be?

Thanks

Last edited by stinker; 05-03-2024 at 12:49 PM. Reason: added pic link
stinker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post