Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-01-2009, 11:57 PM   #1
ehast13
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default lowlife car related fun

My daily driver is an xc falcon. Recently i bought a second one. Today, while parked outside a mates place, I heard a noise but ignored it.

About an hour later, I went outside to go home and noticed the roof was pushed in. It looks as if someone has jumped on the roof and pushed it in in two places. The first is above the front passenger seat. It is about a metre long and 80 cm wide. The second is further back.

I called the cops and when they arrived we noticed that the plastic 'vents' in the rear c pillar (either side of the rear screen) were gone. Even tho the car was still locked, they must have gotten inside as the stereo was gone and the had slashed the base of the drivers' seat about 20 to 30 times. :

Okay, the good news. I bought the car solely to do up. I already have too many registered cars (i like to restore them but have trouble selling them as it hurts too much). So, i will be painting it, fixing so dents anyway.

The roof is annoying. : I had only just removed the old vinyl roof and had sanded it back and applied a gloss white. I had decided not to put a vinyl roof back on it as it cost more than I thought. Now, it would appear that I have little choice as the roof is a tough panel to get perfect. :togo:

Has anyone here had their car vandalized? If so, what happened? did the offending dipstick ever get caught?

ehast13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 12:09 AM   #2
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i feel for you mate, but unless you have a description of the offender and/or the getaway car, you have absolute buckleys.
Unco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 12:16 AM   #3
ehast13
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah, i figured that. I am not so mad now. I have never pulled the hoodlining out of any car at all. I will need to remove it in order to push the roof out. I have no clue where to start.

My mates neighbours have an xc fairmont they cruise around in. It is red and it is only the bird crap that holds the rust together. We kinda figure it was them as the took off while I was there and we already caught them in my mates' shed once.

We called the cops and he reckoned he thought he heard someone yelling for help and it sounded like it come from my mates' shed. He got away with it. He was warned to be more careful but the cops reckoned it was a legitimate reason to investigate the shed!

I'm not 19 anymore. I try not to get too upset. It only leads to revenge.
ehast13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 12:32 AM   #4
Dezza
Parts bin special

Complete scum. I don't see what sort of thrill people get from wrecking other people's property. Just over a year ago, my car got keyed. It's not worth respraying so now I'm having to put up with the big scratch down the side. About mid 2008, it also got egged. Luckily most of it was on the windscreen. If I'd caught the vandals, I'd struggle to keep myself under control. Tools.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 12:39 AM   #5
AdzT3-146
own the road

feel for ya man, nothing but scum who do that.

sept 2007 i returned to my car at a supposedly secured underground carpark to find someone tried to break into my car and in the process smashed the passenger side window, was absolutely ropeable.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 01:15 AM   #6
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

had a fellow smash two windows, mirror smashed off, dents in bonnet, scratches down side...and a headlight. Over 2.5k damage and I know who it was but can't prove it. It's the most frustrating thing ever, especially when car is freshly purchased and your broke.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 01:33 AM   #7
barthez

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLWXR6
had a fellow smash two windows, mirror smashed off, dents in bonnet, scratches down side...and a headlight. Over 2.5k damage and I know who it was but can't prove it. It's the most frustrating thing ever, especially when car is freshly purchased and your broke.
basically same happened to me, tyres slashed, windows, mirrors and scratches! know who it is but cant prove it......
barthez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 01:46 AM   #8
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

tell you the truth, I'd happily live with TWICE the economic loss if I was given 15 minutes alone with him.. Something about retribution from the cars owner rather than a police punishment it really has appeal.. Some people will disagree but those who have had it happen to them would know what I talk about!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:25 AM   #9
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLWXR6
Actually one of my housemates copped similar a couple of years ago too. At the time he had a rather attractive girlfriend, and I think there was a bit of jealousy involved. He drives a Daewoo Nubira wagon so it's far from an exciting car but it got vandalised a couple of times. The drivers door and front guard were kicked in, one of the rear side windows was smashed, and they ripped off the rear wiper. The police know who did it, but don't have evidence to convict them. It cost my housemate a lot of money.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 08:11 AM   #10
axeray

That's a bummer bro.

Some peopl ehave no respect.

I wonder if you had've caught them in the act would've they have said they heard someone calling for help in the car???
axeray is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 09:38 AM   #11
ltd
Force Fed Fords

A mate of mine had a Bronco that was vandalised by a spoilt little rich kid who was the son of a largish Toyota dealer who was trying to be badass, it was an average Bronco but my mate loved it. We used to visit another mate who lived in Strathfield and we used to watch TV in his garage as he had a large array of car parts, engines and all sorts of Ford stuff. (He had an XY GT-HO, sold it in 1996 for 30K and was ecstatic). Anyway this one evening we're in our mates garage shooting the breeze, when we hear a noise outside and immediately opened the roller door to see this kid going to town on the Bronco. Anyone who knows my mate knows not to upset him, most people who don't know him stay well away as he is rather scary looking. Anyhow the look on the face of this kid (he was 19 at the time) said it all. Until that day I had never known anyone to literally poop his pants. Suffice to say the vandal was very very sorry, and he did end up paying for the damage for some broken glass, a couple of dents and a full respray. (he actually pleaded to pay cash).

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 09:51 AM   #12
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

one of the lucky few who catches them in the act! Wish I'd been so lucky. They seem to pick moments when your away, passed out or so fast asleep you'll never wake up.
Game. Reinvented.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:53 AM   #13
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

.. and this is the reason why I drive cars like this:

People always ask me why I don't finish it? I like to drive to work and leave the car in the street. If some A-hole scratches or even dents it, it's not a HUGE drama .. and there are a LOT of A-holes out there who think damaging stuff is entertainment
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 10:08 AM   #14
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bummer, sorry to hear that - some people need a lynching.. more people need to watch pulp fiction - you never touch another mans car..
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #15
barthez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezza!
Actually one of my housemates copped similar a couple of years ago too. At the time he had a rather attractive girlfriend, and I think there was a bit of jealousy involved. He drives a Daewoo Nubira wagon so it's far from an exciting car but it got vandalised a couple of times. The drivers door and front guard were kicked in, one of the rear side windows was smashed, and they ripped off the rear wiper. The police know who did it, but don't have evidence to convict them. It cost my housemate a lot of money.
yeh mine was girlfriend related aswell...........
barthez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 04:56 PM   #16
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've only had little things happen to me, with my XF daily, all at the mall car park. I did have these shiny valve caps on my tyres, they got pinched. Twice. Aerial got bent over so far it snapped. Stupidest was when someone broke into the car so they could steal the little three-buck Crazy Clarks temperature gauge I kept in there to see how hot/cold the cabin got. I hope they were happy when they found out it wasn't Autometer.

@OzJavelin: black primer looks way hotter and meaner than any other paint anyway
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #17
wildss

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJavelin

People always ask me why I don't finish it? I like to drive to work and leave the car in the street. If some A-hole scratches or even dents it, it's not a HUGE drama .. and there are a LOT of A-holes out there who think damaging stuff is entertainment
sorry bout the noob question but what car is that?
wildss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #18
eyes87
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

simple philosophy. touch another mans car and die. i get ****ed of when a flicks up and hits my baby. if anyone damaged it intentionaly i would be livid
eyes87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 07:00 PM   #19
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hasnt happened to me yet, i havent been driving long though, but my Dad owned my car before me, and hes a truckie. He was in Brisbane at the time, and the car was left in the fenced up company carpark, and some low lifes broke into nearly every car there. They smashed the rear passenger window and somehow breaking the electric mechanism so one of my windows doesnt work, and stealing the 2 subs out of the boot, and some change in the ash tray.

They knew what they were doing though, because to not attract too much attention, they look all the bulbs out of the interior lights (fairlanes have alot of lights) and placed then in the cup holders. I hope karma gets them. :
Antwon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 07:15 PM   #20
xls3v

i heard one guy caught some guys stealing his mags of his car, by chance he had large metal object in hand... lets say the guys went to hospital and car owner jail.... i feel for him
xls3v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #21
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildss
sorry bout the noob question but what car is that?
Looks to me like an AMC Javelin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_Javelin

But I could be wrong.

And to the OP, sorry to hear it. Some people should be put down at birth. Absolute scum with no regard for other people's property.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 08:10 PM   #22
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I copped something truly terrible - somebody decided to wipe human waste all over my windscreen driver window and rear screen and quite a bit on the roof I never found out who did it but I am pretty sure I know who it was investigations are ongoing I will find out one day and when I do I will square up that little score card

also the cops were contacted and can't do much about it apart from "taking a sample" so he said.........

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #23
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:

Great car but you need to paint it. I am assuming it's primer as you said it not finished. Primer absorbs water over time which = rust which = :

Even if it's flat paint or an easy to match colour like a non metallic red or white.

To good and rare a car to let go, even if it's not a Ford. :
Old 07-01-2009, 10:22 PM   #24
Luke3000

Looks about a '73 '74 Javelin
Luke3000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 10:33 PM   #25
marquis 78

Years ago my dad bought a new xt gt. Well it was demo really and it had every option you could imagine. Anyway, he went to the drags and when it was time to drive home - he'd noticed that the aerials were bent and the whole car had been keyed.

After the repairs, he was driving sensibily on a straight road when some fool went through a stop sign and wiped out the a pillar windscreen area. The fools reason was he was saying hi to a mate!!!. I'd be in jail for sure if it was me.

Dad bought another xt near new and a woman t-boned him. That's 2 out of 2. How would you feel?
marquis 78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 10:39 PM   #26
86XFFairmont
No Car Too Low Too Tow!

bout 6 months ago my car got bake beand yeah i know WEIRD was out the front so musta ben at night neva found out who the lil bugga was tho
Old 07-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #27
marquis 78

It's a tough one for sure. I can't stand the thought of leaving my old fords outside. I close the shed door real quick and hate uninvited snoopers. I don't tell anyone about my fords. Sometimes I wonder is it all worth it? The worry etc. I hope it is worth it but it seems there is always a total #^#$^%#$^%# wit to take/damage our most loved passion.
I'm sure there are many retribution stories out there that can't be shown here. And I bet the perpetrators never went to the police.
marquis 78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 11:16 PM   #28
samsy351
351XB - Underbelly II Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
I copped something truly terrible - somebody decided to wipe human waste all over my windscreen driver window and rear screen and quite a bit on the roof I never found out who did it but I am pretty sure I know who it was investigations are ongoing I will find out one day and when I do I will square up that little score card

also the cops were contacted and can't do much about it apart from "taking a sample" so he said.........
Your not in QLD are you?
I know a lowlife who got his baby's sh*tty nappy and wiped it all over a car once cause they parked in a spot that he wanted.
He thought it was funny,.... I think hes an absolute waste of oxygen .
samsy351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 08:42 AM   #29
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3000
Looks about a '73 '74 Javelin
Correct .. '74 AMC Javelin.

But we digress from topic. Basically my inference to an unfinished car in primer is that in this day and age, owning a really nice car which you drive regularly and leave unattended for any period of time is a gamble. Some scumbag with no intelligence or a gripe against the world will at some stage vandalise it. With my Javelins I'm prepared for the worse and hope for the best!
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 11:16 AM   #30
strike

Quote:
Correct .. '74 AMC Javelin.

But we digress from topic. Basically my inference to an unfinished car in primer is that in this day and age, owning a really nice car which you drive regularly and leave unattended for any period of time is a gamble. Some scumbag with no intelligence or a gripe against the world will at some stage vandalise it. With my Javelins I'm prepared for the worse and hope for the best!

I totally agree, its a very sad society that we live in that we have to think that way. I have a 2007 XR6T I use as a daily driver, in the past few weeks have had some scrape the rear guard, (reversing out of a parking bay I assume) and my hard cover scratched. (ute) I suppose the scrape on the guard may not have been intentional but no note was left, so may have well been. Wish I had of caught either of them especially the hard cover scratch (obviously intentional) I could have given them a little bit of a scratch. By the way nice car as it is anyway ozjavelin

Last edited by strike; 08-01-2009 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Added extra info
strike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post