Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #601
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Of course you can do it, poppa smurf! Not fond of that but you know you will do it because you're poppa smurf. And she'll smile and say, "thank you, honey!"
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #602
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyN View Post
Of course you can do it, poppa smurf! Not fond of that but you know you will do it because you're poppa smurf. And she'll smile and say, "thank you, honey!"
I have no choice,

What madam want's, madam get's ....... Life is much simpler that way..... Happy Momma smurf is a happy Poppa smurf!

Look's like the kitchen will be in a shamble's over xmas, which will be another sticking point with all the moochers, .............. er I mean loving family around!

so cooking and prep will be outside and down to me again!

just had a thought, mayhap a plan is in play, far better for me to cook and prepare than her good self ..... the devious wench!!!! .......

Serious gnashing of teeth and cross words shall be uttered, ..... Albeit inaudible but uttered nonetheless.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #603
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
..... the devious wench!!!! .......
Serious gnashing of teeth and cross words shall be uttered, ..... Albeit inaudible but uttered nonetheless.
Perhaps Poppa you should be also known as Rumpole - she who must be obeyed.

And now my geez ...... When you buy a car that is on your bucket list and .... when it comes time to sell it because you are getting to sick to enjoy it a mate says he can get you the full purchase price back. So, you drive 4,000km to drop it off to him, spend three days in XXXXXXXX to recover from the drive, fly back home only to spend a week in hospital being told off by Doctors for being so stupid. Then you find out "your mate" just wanted the car for himself and is trying .... perhaps not too hard to sell it in the hopes you will drop the price so he can afford it or offers you a payment plan of $100/week for the next five years guaranteed in writing so his other half does not find out and your family will have a guaranteed income after you die!!!

.... I hate that

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #604
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
Perhaps Poppa you should be also known as Rumpole - she who must be obeyed.

And now my geez ...... When you buy a car that is on your bucket list and .... when it comes time to sell it because you are getting to sick to enjoy it a mate says he can get you the full purchase price back. So, you drive 4,000km to drop it off to him, spend three days in XXXXXXXX to recover from the drive, fly back home only to spend a week in hospital being told off by Doctors for being so stupid. Then you find out "your mate" just wanted the car for himself and is trying .... perhaps not too hard to sell it in the hopes you will drop the price so he can afford it or offers you a payment plan of $100/week for the next five years guaranteed in writing so his other half does not find out and your family will have a guaranteed income after you die!!!

.... I hate that

Cheers Vincenzo
Anyone who would contemplate doing this to you is no "mate". Get your car back as fast as you can.
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #605
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B - CV8 View Post
Anyone who would contemplate doing this to you is no "mate". Get your car back as fast as you can.
As soon as I can save the $2,000 I, in fact just got off the phone to him 3 minutes ago and told him, will get it transported back on a truck. Maybe with all the Gas Project work and FIFO workers coming to town someone might appreciate a classic BMW to run around in whilst they are here.

Here is a reminder of what it is

[URL[/URL]

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #606
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Would like to keep this thread alive ;).....

I hate those silly straws you get when you buy a frozen drink.. you know, the ones with the little 'shovel' bit on the end...

1) Has anyone ever used the shovel to consume the frozen beverage?

2) Who else pulls the straw out, rips the shovel end off with their teeth and continues using the straw as designed to suck the remaining contents of the drink??

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #607
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bicycle riders who refuse to use the bike path...... no more than 5 metres away and yet the lycra clad peddle pusher's continue to ride 4 abreast with umpteen cars behind them......Grrrr!

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
4 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #608
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

1) yes and
2) yes, usually half way through.

Cheers Vincenzo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #609
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

when you look at a car advert and communicate asking whats wrong with it etc etc and they say a few things and you think, well i can live with that

then you email under a diff email addy and they say the clear AND paint is gone on the roof and some spots on the bonnet....must of forgot to mention it last time

unreal
just be honest in the description, but then again...if you were i guess you wouldnt get as many people wasting their time going to look at it.
/rant
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #610
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
the lycra clad peddle pusher's continue to ride 4 abreast with umpteen cars behind them......Grrrr!
I thought it was illegal to ride more than two abreast unless in a race and under supervision. I'm pretty sure them iz da rules here in the NT but will check it out.

Cheers Vincenzo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #611
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
unreal
just be honest in the description,/rant
Truth in advertising .... now there is a novel concept.

Cheers Vincenzo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-12-2013, 02:02 PM   #612
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
I thought it was illegal to ride more than two abreast unless in a race and under supervision. I'm pretty sure them iz da rules here in the NT but will check it out.

Cheers Vincenzo
Probably is..... do you remember my post back a fair while ago when my wife's parked car got run up the backside by cyclists they were 6 abreast and just yakking amongst themselves, world of their own.

Road rules don't apply to cyclists you silly man!!!..... just watch what they do.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #613
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Road rules don't apply to cyclists you silly man!!!..... just watch what they do.
Have ta say here in Darwin they are pretty good. I could not imagine the consequences of a group riding 4 or 6 abreast with a triple or quad road train bearing down on them at 105kph ..... Shimano everywhere

Cheers Vincenzo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #614
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We struck that just outside of Alice, west mcdonnell ranges, 4 abreast X 10 - 15 bikes long, some sort of ride for something or other, pilot was right up close behind them, left little room for us with the van to pass, they were in no hurry to sort themselves out.

Adelaide hills is another bad spot, around Hahndorf.

Most are good but there are odd fools as with most drivers/riders.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #615
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

dont ya just hate.....
when you get to work and go out for a cig before start and a mate from the shift is chatting to a mate on a phone and you hear, 'auto?...**** manual 4 speed! really?..nice, how much you pay for that? etc etc"

gets off the phone and says a mates picked up an 'old' xc wagon out at Eudunda. runs but leaks a bit of oil but goes fine 4 on the floor, body pretty reasonable as with the interior and is using it as a daily.....$500

geez i ******* hate that *****!
im going around to all the old local towns and putting notices up in the delis and shop windows
wanted:
any older xa xb xc's you have floating around in the shed
can swap for grog

$500...the bastard
2 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #616
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Companies who don't answer their emails even though they have them all over their website.

Companies who refuse to "call back when we have that information!"...... wait around for them to call and they never do.

Hmm! I reckon I did that to a few sheila's in my younger year's!!....... sorry girl's, thing's to do, place's to go!

3 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #617
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

i hear that poppa
just made an offer on a toneau cover on ebay
they had 48 hrs, it was a reasonable offer

no response
they say ring us on ebay ad (supplies number) aussie made etc etc (actually sound like good covers, 3 year warranty)
ring
no answer
send text, no reply

do you want my ******* business or what???
in know you might be busy but i mean cmon
2 days??
no reply by end of today i take my coin elsewhere
Old 05-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #618
Marco?Polo!

Quote:
Companies who don't answer their emails even though they have them all over their website.
Yeah this one really gets to me...if it's there, use it.
If you don't respond to emails, kindly remove the link!

Or, simply say "we can't help, sorry." That's all i'm asking for.

People who "listen" but don't listen -
"What do you think about that?"
> *Nods head* "Yeeeeah.."
"Did you hear me?"
> "No, can you repeat what you said?
Marco?Polo! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #619
Loonar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Please, please, please commentators (cricket at the mo' but footy and others ) take note of this..... Do not say "grrr" back to back ever again... one word will do it i.e. consecutive!!
Loonar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #620
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

I haven't read all the posts so this may have been mentioned but one of my many pet hates goes something like this......

I'm in the middle of something and just happen to be passing through and the missus starts a conversation about whatever, and I have to stop and mentally change gear to and listen and converse. When the conversation seems to come to a natural conclusion and no immediate further response is forthcoming I go to leave the room and mentally change gear back to whatever I'm thinking about and doing, only to have her say something extra or start a whole new conversation just when I get 3 steps into the next room and are just out of earshot to clearly hear what it is she said and have to stop and go back. This seems to be most prevalent (and irritating) when I'm doing something important, usually some task or issue that she wants sorted out that takes some creative thinking to deal with. The real problem is that she'll do it 2-3 or even 4 times back to ba... er.. consecutively , till I'm so wound up I have to just walk off and pretend I didn't hear the last volley. It's either that or strangle her.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 08-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #621
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep! I hear ya!

one of my ongoing pet hate's are the cold callers using SMS'sssss who manage to get through the "do not call" register selling insurance or condom's or some other bit of rubbish I neither want nor need.

I'm usually up to my ar.....armpit's in grit and tungsten dust, when I have to stop what I'm doing, wash off the dust, clean my glasses, take the cover off my mobile phone, go to the daylight to read the damn thing (phone all scratched up), try to remember how to unlock the thing then how to read the text, only to find out they are offering me up to $250,000 instant loan's.

I'd give them "loan" if I could find them.

I ignored them a few times only to find out one of them was the old girl telling me she would be home late and for me to put the roast on....."umm! didn't get that one dear".

never mind I had cold shoulder with lashings of hot tongue for leftover's.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #622
Marco?Polo!

Quote:
**** whopping*
Poppa, i've been stalking this site for probably 10 months now, and know that if you screwed up, you were gunna paid for it

I'd say you were whipped, but we're so far beyond that point that i have no word to put in place. "Loving marriage"?

The old folks may like this one: When you buy food for yourself, only for someone else to clean it up and not offer to buy new ones.
Nothing like getting in the mood for some nice Honey Jumbles annnnd you realise you were too late.
Marco?Polo! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #623
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
The real problem is that she'll do it 2-3 or even 4 times back to ba... er.. consecutively , till I'm so wound up I have to just walk off and pretend I didn't hear the last volley. It's either that or strangle her.
Bushbasher
Once is a "sorry, forgot to add"

Twice is "oh yeah by the way"

Three four and five times is "OK Boyo, now I've got your attention, how long can I keep you listening to me". Sneak back and she will have an evil little smile on the dial.

I told my other 1/2 I have two hearing problems.
I suffer selective hearing - i.e.; only what I want to hear and
Dyslexic ears - they sometimes misinterpret what you say.

Cheers Vinny

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #624
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

I hate having to contact any large businesses or gov't agencies, it is absolutely impossible to pick up the phone and speak to a human.

You go to their website and select "contact us" to find a phone number, you can either:
E-mail.
Fax.
Tweet.
Facebook.
Send carrier pidgeon.
Fire in a scud missile.

But you just CANNOT DIAL A NUMBER AND SPEAK TO SOMEONE.

God damn, I hate that!!

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #625
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.NiceGuy
For the last 4 months or so living in Sydney i have gone through 4 share houses because my stuff was stolen THAT IS WHAT HATE!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.NiceGuy View Post
Had more bad luck with share houses recently, I've have just left my 5th place because when the house was having a bbq last night had some friends around and all about 15 people all up in the process of said bbq some of their "friends" were gladly helping themselves to items in my room, these were sentimental things and well hidden but are now gone, so bloody frustrating. On a good note this week i got new springs for my car ( thanks xhbrad).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
That's not a good experience.

I lived in a share house for just over 1 yr in the Eastern Suburbs with 18 (not a mistake) 18 house mates and really didn't have much problems, well none actually. Was quite the experience actually.

I then bought a big house and ran my own for 3 years prior to getting hitched. When you are in charge you soon see how some people really don't give a toss about anything or anyone other than themselves.

I started with a 1pg contract for my house mates, and by the end it grew to 2 pgs with 1cm margins and size 11 font.

Find a place that has rules about quantity of visitors, parking, how 'whole house' events are planned / run etc.

Don't have rules in place, people do what they want.

Did your room have a lock?? Never stay in a place that does not allow you to lock your own door.
Thought everyone should know this issue has since been resolved thanks for the advice although l won't be living in a share house again l just can't bring myself to trust other room mates anymore, Yellow festiva the room was locked but after some "friendly" questioning l found out that they had a master key l didn't know about amongst other things l'm happy though, these people have now been black listed and were also kicked out, and l got compensated nicely too. Oh and the springs in the car a going very nicely.
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #626
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Would like to keep this thread alive ;).....

I hate those silly straws you get when you buy a frozen drink.. you know, the ones with the little 'shovel' bit on the end...

1) Has anyone ever used the shovel to consume the frozen beverage?

2) Who else pulls the straw out, rips the shovel end off with their teeth and continues using the straw as designed to suck the remaining contents of the drink??
Oh the humanity! Has no one thought of the children??? Yellow Festiva, I admire your courage in the face of such adversity...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #627
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Come on Superyob this thread is all about first world problems I think old Yella has a point

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #628
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

chinese instruction's .........

2 users like this post:
Old 10-12-2013, 09:55 AM   #629
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Pet hate of the day... somewhat in the same vein to my first post above..

People who walk away muttering smart **** comments under their breath or wait till they think you're far enough away to not bother coming back and respond before they mouth off. I really hate that.. and 9 times out of 10 I follow them up or go back and call them on it. Most pussies then wet themselves when they see me bearing down on them.

If you haven't got the balls to say it to my face then keep your fkin' mouth shut.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Old 10-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #630
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Here's a driving related one,

We all get aggravated with the oblivious, slow moving grey nomad or blind cockie chugging up the highway but the one that really grinds me is the timid pussy who is too scared or stupid to pass the mobile chicane when the opportunity presents itself but insists on sitting so close to it that nobody else can hop around them and then said chicane and be on their way. This irritation is compounded by every stupid pussy who then lines up bumper to bumper behind the first offender so by the time you come upon the train you're 5 cars back and are now faced with getting a run up and trying to pass the equivalent of 2 road trains in one go at warp speed if you don't want to get stuck in the train for the next 50kms. (there's no passing lanes out here)

MINE- AUII Forte