Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 24-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #31
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Default Re: Police shot dead terrorist suspect

Here we go, now it's Newmans fault
2 users like this post:
Old 24-09-2014, 09:00 PM   #32
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMax View Post
The issue is the constant chipping away of freedom sold to us as safety concerns. We are currently at the pointy end of the wedge.

The government want you to believe that the threat is far, far worse than it is and in return you should support the introduction of these little bills.

Don't tell me there is nothing to fear, Queensland is a perfect example of a politician going mad. Even the UN has condemned Newmans rule.

Yeah it's all a conspiracy
2 users like this post:
Old 24-09-2014, 09:13 PM   #33
nstg8a

Would this have happened if the govt hadn't raised the terror alert level, and the media hadn't drummed into everyone how powerful IS is?
Old 24-09-2014, 09:15 PM   #34
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
The issue is the constant chipping away of freedom sold to us as safety concerns. We are currently at the pointy end of the wedge.

The government want you to believe that the threat is far, far worse than it is and in return you should support the introduction of these little bills.

Don't tell me there is nothing to fear, Queensland is a perfect example of a politician going mad. Even the UN has condemned Newmans rule.
This post sort of contradicts your post #27 comments, make up your mind.
Old 24-09-2014, 09:18 PM   #35
Nova 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Is that really a concern?

Should the government not bother? Just business as usual.

I for one don't mind being put out a little if it keeps the community safe.
To what end? Illegal searches made legal, pat downs in the street just cause the cops feel the inclination. The right to stop and detain without reason? What rights should people give up because you dont mind, I personally as part of that community dont want my rights taken away or the rights of anyone else. I dont want cops to have the right to force me to leave the area without reason and with force if I question their reasons.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Old 24-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #36
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I just don't want to become like America......That and end up in a situation like Guantanamo...Held indefinitely without trial? No one should have that right taken away from them. Terrorist or not.

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
This user likes this post:
Old 24-09-2014, 09:28 PM   #37
The Monty
Just slidin'

Quote:
I for one do not feel threatened at all in regards to Australia's safety, if you want to live in fear that's your choice.

There are some aspects of this incident that do not make any sense.
He was allegedly on a suspects list, why not arrest him?
He was such a threat his passport was confiscated, why is he roaming free?
He was asked to attend the Police station, why did the officers meet him outside?
It's alleged he was going to behead, why no real mention of what weapons were in his possession?
Two officer against one and they got that badly injured, not really believable.
800 Police were used to raid homes and his wasn't one of them, why not?
Hundreds of homes and people raided, 15 arrested and one charged. Not a good strike rate.
This has to be some of the stupidest crap I have read in my life. Go speak your propaganda in a back room of a book store or something.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #38
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tut0r View Post
I just don't want to become like America......That and end up in a situation like Guantanamo...Held indefinitely without trial? No one should have that right taken away from them. Terrorist or not.
Im confused... You believe someone like this radical kid should of been given some sort of right?
Old 24-09-2014, 09:44 PM   #39
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't understand why Australian Muslims (who are 99.99% law abiding) are protesting. If my brother or someone connected to me was into nasty stuff which had the AFP attention, and they smashed my door down, id be pretty ****ed, but understand that it might mean I am then also under suspicion, until the AFP were satisfied through questioning that I was no risk.
I am waiting for Australian Muslim leaders to denounce what this young man was allegedly into. I am waiting for Australian Muslim leaders to openly invite the police and politicians and media into their worlds, show the general population they have nothing to hide and share the same values and are of no threat.
I am waiting for Aussies who don't see themselves as Muslim to treat Aussies who do with respect and understanding, its not us and them, its Muslim extremists against the general population.
You note I am careful about referring to a Muslim in Australia as an "Australian" just as my Ukranian relatives came here in 1948 by ship to escape persecution and starvation in war torn Europe, are Australian, my neighbour from Sudan, came here 5 years ago,who only wants one thing, a future for her children just the same as we ALL do.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 24-09-2014, 09:45 PM   #40
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's taken an awfully long time for muslim religious leaders to stand up and start even beginning to criticize what's going on in the most wishy-washy fashion...and that's the problem. They have to stand up and loudly and proudly disassociate themselves from these people, otherwise they just reinforce what is blatantly obvious...that the religion is the problem as much as the people involved.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-09-2014, 09:46 PM   #41
Nova 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyXR6T View Post
Im confused... You believe someone like this radical kid should of been given some sort of right?
Everyone has the right to due process. Sure this kid was shot and so be it as it was in self defence. But if arrested, yes, due process would be required. If not how do you decide who gets a legal trial and who gets locked up without question. Right to a fair trial is one of the few rights given to us in our constitution, even the worst of the worst are entitled to this right.
Old 24-09-2014, 09:58 PM   #42
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova 8 View Post
Everyone has the right to due process. Sure this kid was shot and so be it as it was in self defence. But if arrested, yes, due process would be required. If not how do you decide who gets a legal trial and who gets locked up without question. Right to a fair trial is one of the few rights given to us in our constitution, even the worst of the worst are entitled to this right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyXR6T
Nova 8 hit the nail on the head of what I am referring to, but in response to you AndyXR6T, I see it like this, our media is still to this day highly skewed and while this news is still early I expect more facts to come about, I am a true fence sitter in many ways when it comes to things like this, as I was not there to witness it, I don't know either sides 'true' story and I was told by someone I have never met nor trust(media).

While what he did was in my eyes is wrong, who knows if he was mentally stable? Don't forget just because we view something a certain way, doesn't always mean someone else will aswell so why should they not have a fair trial like everyone else?

The real question is, how did he manage to get the jump on two police outside the station? All we know is police were stabbed and he was shot dead but as to no real reason what started the incident.

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
Old 24-09-2014, 10:10 PM   #43
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty View Post
This has to be some of the stupidest crap I have read in my life. Go speak your propaganda in a back room of a book store or something.
Mate, your insult is why threads get locked. Why not contribute to a civil, adult discussion and put YOUR views forward, not one perpetuated by cretins that aren't able to think for themselves.

I can honestly say I'm rarely swayed by general public consensus, I believe that an individual should be able to stand alone and argue their point by themselves and not require the usual mob mentality that so many people need for validation.

There has never before our current governments scaremongering has there been so much hype over possible terrorist attacks in Australia. Not even September 11 sparked so much talk of terrorism.
It's all hype, there is no doubt that legislation is penned to increase Police power, as I said, chipping away at our civil liberty unfortunately we're not like American's who have constitutional rights to back up their liberties.

I want those who are able to be honest, to tell us why you genuinely fear for your safety and what has made you fear for your safety.
Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
5 users like this post:
Old 24-09-2014, 10:27 PM   #44
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post

It's taken an awfully long time for muslim religious leaders to stand up and start even beginning to criticize what's going on in the most wishy-washy fashion...and that's the problem. They have to stand up and loudly and proudly disassociate themselves from these people, otherwise they just reinforce what is blatantly obvious...that the religion is the problem as much as the people involved.
Problem is most Australians have no idea what they are dealing with, ignorance is bliss they say. and our Government and head of ADF are a sad joke what a bunch of fools we have running the show.
Go have a good look at what Major Bernard Gaynor says on his blog about the hopeless halfwit foolish dumb creeps we have running the show and you may learn something from someone who truly knows, who and what we are dealing with.
We don't have to wast all this money year after year or drop bombs on anyone to stop it all.
Old 24-09-2014, 10:30 PM   #45
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

There has never before our current governments scaremongering has there been so much hype over possible terrorist attacks in Australia. Not even September 11 sparked so much talk of terrorism.
I honestly think you have a short memory on September 11 & its ramifications in this country & the rest of the world.
What we are seeing today is no different.
Old 24-09-2014, 10:31 PM   #46
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-2...-plans/5767226
Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
Old 24-09-2014, 10:33 PM   #47
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

This thread will only get worse. Its just a Car Forum and don't really think we need to weigh in on such a complex, racial, divisional topic that will just repeat the racially based or biased tripe that is repeated on every other mainstream media.

Everyone knows that the g'ment will be damned if they act, damned if they don't, sit back and watch or join in the fight. Don't think they quite know what to do just as we all don't and am sure they don't know how bad it will escalate or whether ISIS will just disappear.

Lets just use these pages to escape all this for the moment could we? Plenty of other places to discuss the ins and outs of the goings on of ISIS.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread