Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 06:47 AM   #15691
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I’m a double Alfa male.

It’s interesting to read all these experiences with Pfizer other than the muscular issues some of my friends had. Starting to think I got off lightly with my A-Z man flu.
My 1st Pfizer shot last Wednesday was a walk in the park?
Only issue was first night insomnia, but my physical and health situation is such that I wouldn't register muscular or joint pain!
Old 06-10-2021, 07:27 AM   #15692
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Verticalscope bought that forum?
Yep, they did
Old 06-10-2021, 10:13 AM   #15693
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

An interesting stat form yesterday that I wasn't aware of:

A total of 96,337 Victorians rolled up their sleeves for a first or second jab yesterday. That's more than every other state in Australia COMBINED.

Well done, Viccos. We are smashing it, at a time when we need to.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 06-10-2021, 10:18 AM   #15694
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
An interesting stat form yesterday that I wasn't aware of:

A total of 96,337 Victorians rolled up their sleeves for a first or second jab yesterday. That's more than every other state in Australia COMBINED.

Well done, Viccos. We are smashing it, at a time when we need to.
Hehe was long weekend holiday for nsw and Qld, which probably helped. But yep... It's a great effort and same number was booked for yesterday.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
This user likes this post:
Old 06-10-2021, 10:29 AM   #15695
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Soyboy getn rekt

*more soap opera trash*
Wow, this is ridiculous. You think that maybe he's not in the position to make statements to the media? And that there's a difference professionally between what's said privately and what's made as a now official statement to the media on Pfizer's behalf?

Again, this isn't the bombshell you think it is. It's not kept secret, you learn this in high school, or watching The Magic School Bus...
Old 06-10-2021, 10:46 AM   #15696
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Hehe was long weekend holiday for nsw and Qld, which probably helped. But yep... It's a great effort and same number was booked for yesterday.
No, that stat was for yesterday's results. Therefore, not a public holiday in the other states.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 06-10-2021, 11:26 AM   #15697
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Even if she broke the rules, as has been hinted at, this sort of action is totally uncalled for:

Police believe COVID-positive woman's car and house targeted in SA
Police believe a woman who tested positive to COVID-19 in South Australia's South East has been targeted in an attack overnight.

The woman is in a medi-hotel in Adelaide with her children.

Emergency services were called to car fire at a house in Mount Gambier just before 10 o'clock last night.

They say the car had been set alight in the driveway and was threatening the home. The Police Commissioner Grant Stevens says it's believed the vehicle belonged to the woman who tested positive to COVID-19 after returning from Victoria last Friday.

He's condemned the attack and called for people to be more understanding.

"People shouldn't assume that they know what's going on," he said.

"It's completely unnecessary, it's unwarranted they have committed a serious crime and if we do detect them then we will be dealing with them appropriately."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 06-10-2021, 11:33 AM   #15698
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

It’s easy to see the bridging from rhetoric of some, to such actions by others. Not unlike the old days of “poofter-bashing”.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2021, 11:34 AM   #15699
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
My 1st Pfizer shot last Wednesday was a walk in the park?
Only issue was first night insomnia, but my physical and health situation is such that I wouldn't register muscular or joint pain!
I had my first Pfizer last Thursday, woke up next morning with a sore throat that gradually got worse as the days went by, still got it, feels like I swallowed crushed glass.
Also some lethargy, but my Mrs hasn't noticed, she reckons I'm a lazy you know what anyway.
Throat slowly getting better, not looking forward to my second shot in 2 weeks.
3 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2021, 12:17 PM   #15700
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metdevil View Post
Wow, this is ridiculous. You think that maybe he's not in the position to make statements to the media? And that there's a difference professionally between what's said privately and what's made as a now official statement to the media on Pfizer's behalf?

Again, this isn't the bombshell you think it is. It's not kept secret, you learn this in high school, or watching The Magic School Bus...
I don't disagree with your post.
I do wonder if it is worth your while trying to change the beliefs of someone who has clearly gone down the rabbit hole and is content never to return.

Last edited by Work Horse; 06-10-2021 at 12:43 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2021, 12:20 PM   #15701
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

NSW/VIC

NSW records 594 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9570 (from 0.9542) while the actual line is about level with the predictive trend line and based on the 3rd order polynomial, that trend line now has a downward curve again.

VIC records 1,420 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0839 (from 1.0986) while the actual line is now below the predictive trend.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 06-10-2021, 01:12 PM   #15702
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

That's a great result for NSW and is continuing a good trend.

Clearly the vaccination push has made significant impact to the numbers. I see that other states, especially those who are not as significantly impacted by case numbers, are lagging behind the vaccination rates. Dose allocations (ie Sydney as a priority during their outbreak) would have had a part to play in that, but there is clearly a case of "if it's not in my backyard, I don't need to worry" about this, as identified by the Queensland Premier:

Quote:
QLD: The Premier is asked why vaccination rates are lower in some areas of Queensland
Annastacia Palaszczuk says she believes the rates are lower in some regions because they haven't had outbreaks like Brisbane, where rates are higher.

She says the government is proactively targeting areas where rates are low.
The Queensland CHO states that it is coming, no matter where you are:

Quote:
QLD: Queensland CHO warns that Delta is coming
Queensland Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young has echoed the Premier's message, saying it "won't be long" until the Delta coronavirus variant is detected in Queensland again.

"We will see the Delta variant come in and we won't be able to control it," she says.

Dr Young says the best thing for Queenslanders to do right now is go and get vaccinated if you haven't already.
If you're in a state that hasn't been impacted greatly by covid to date, and you aren't vaccinated yet, get in now and do it BEFORE covid arrives on your doorstep.

These stats alone should convince you:

Quote:
VIC: 84 per cent of current outbreak were unvaccinated
COVID-19 commander Jeroen Weimar says that Victoria has had 25,000 cases since the middle of July when the current outbreak started.

He says 84 per cent of those were unvaccinated, while 11 per cent had one dose of the vaccine.

Only 5 per cent were fully vaccinated.

"Whilst the vaccine doesn't make you immune from catching COVID, it massively reduces the risk of you catching COVID and handing it on to another person and massively reduces the risk of ending up in hospital," he says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2021, 01:14 PM   #15703
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT October 5th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

2,389 new cases for Australia and 11 deaths so the CMR is 1.172%.

26 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.613%.

The UK had 33,049 cases yesterday and 166 deaths for a CMR of 1.721%.

101,714 new cases in the USA yesterday and 2,082 deaths sees CMR at 1.618%.

Other notable points:

Singapore (3,486); and
Romania (15,037)

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Bulgaria moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2021, 01:51 PM   #15704
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
I do wonder if it is worth your while trying to change the beliefs of someone who has clearly gone down the rabbit hole and is content never to return.
One of the things I've come to learn in life is that, no matter how hard you try, sometimes you just have to accept that hitting your head against a brick wall is not going to move the wall, and you're just going to give yourself a headache.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2021, 02:13 PM   #15705
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Doh... Foxy beat me to it. <delete>

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

2 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2021, 02:41 PM   #15706
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
My apologies, T3, seems like my data source was leading me astray, and those figures were for the number of vaccs completed on Monday. Here's the figures for the number of vaccs administered yesterday:

350,856 vaccine doses reported across Australia today (daily record!). By state:
ACT: 11,076
NSW: 140,225
NT: 1,256
QLD: 50,798
SA: 20,317 (daily record!)
TAS: 5,065
VIC: 95,600
WA: 26,519

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2021, 02:50 PM   #15707
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
My apologies, T3, seems like my data source was leading me astray, and those figures were for the number of vaccs completed on Monday. Here's the figures for the number of vaccs administered yesterday:

350,856 vaccine doses reported across Australia today (daily record!). By state:
ACT: 11,076
NSW: 140,225
NT: 1,256
QLD: 50,798
SA: 20,317 (daily record!)
TAS: 5,065
VIC: 95,600
WA: 26,519

Yup. Monday was public holiday for both NSW and QLD. Still....we'll take the kudos haha.

How times have changed ey? VIC breaks the national daily cases record....but contruction back to work, year 12s back to school.... we are indeed on the path to living with it. Another 3 weeks and outdoor dining will be back. Another 5-6 weeks, we are covid normal.

Rides (past and present)

2 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2021, 03:32 PM   #15708
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Yup. Monday was public holiday for both NSW and QLD. Still....we'll take the kudos haha.

How times have changed ey? VIC breaks the national daily cases record....but contruction back to work, year 12s back to school.... we are indeed on the path to living with it. Another 3 weeks and outdoor dining will be back. Another 5-6 weeks, we are covid normal.
That depends with how many covid cases effects the number of people being admitted to the hospitals, Daniel Andrews has indicated restrictions can still apply if hospitals admissions of covid patients start overwhelming our health system.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2021, 04:50 PM   #15709
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

NSW’s Tuesday vaccination tallies are out, 89,0 / 69,1 percent. That means the GSS will likely cross the 70%x2 benchmark during today.
Old 06-10-2021, 05:05 PM   #15710
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
That depends with how many covid cases effects the number of people being admitted to the hospitals, Daniel Andrews has indicated restrictions can still apply if hospitals admissions of covid patients start overwhelming our health system.
He is just saying that to put some doubt into the minds of those 50-50 whether they should ignore current settings. Its mind games, but its a good thing if it works. Unless something hits us that would even close down Sydney, I reckon its full steam ahead.

They may possibly reduce indoor numbers at 80% if there is a full on outbreak, but it won't be scrapped altogether. Well...thats my bet.

So far they have stuck to their roadmap when its been published, from 2nd lockdown till now.

Rides (past and present)

Old 06-10-2021, 05:11 PM   #15711
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
NSW’s Tuesday vaccination tallies are out, 89,0 / 69,1 percent. That means the GSS will likely cross the 70%x2 benchmark during today.
The GSS is receiving some serious competition from the ACT though, with 95.1/66.1% achieved today. Perhaps the badge needs to be re-allocated?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2021, 05:26 PM   #15712
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Full credit to the ACT, they’ve got on very well with their interpretation of the national roadmap.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2021, 06:08 PM   #15713
cosworthfreak

Quote:
Full credit to the ACT, they’ve got on very well with their interpretation of the national roadmap.
If you don’t chip in your buck o five, who will?

https://youtu.be/tzW2ybYFboQ
Old 06-10-2021, 06:51 PM   #15714
slowsnake
Banned

Went to see my GP today, have a 7:30 am appointment every second Wednesday for my opioid contract, which is due to be assessed as I may need to increase it, so I get what I came for, this is due to increased pain from my little effort changing trans oil then on my hands and knees yesterday with a scrubbing brush and degreaser!

Must of torn right shoulder tendon again, but the GP starts coughing, I say you alright mate, had ya covid shots, he says yeh, what about flu!..had ya flu shot!....he said f#&k off Billy, your giving me the ****s, go home and tear some more tendons and I'll see you next week, too funny, I ended up looking at his secretary's Hyundai Sonato, said her heater stopped working, spent an hour looking at that, told her its either blocked heating radiator or a thermostat.

I left a note for her son to flush out the heater etc, she said oh my husband checked all the fuses!...I said which ones, she said not sure, I said does he speak French to which she replied no, and I said well he dident check the fuses then because it's all in French!....see you later.....
3 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2021, 07:09 PM   #15715
Metdevil

Quote:
One of the things I've come to learn in life is that, no matter how hard you try, sometimes you just have to accept that hitting your head against a brick wall is not going to move the wall, and you're just going to give yourself a headache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse
I certainly agree, and I would rather not be here arguing with Kool-Aid drinkers, but this isn't a harmless flat-earther who's only making themselves look silly. This is misinformation that is putting lives at risk and impacting the day to day lives of everyone, we are actively being dragged down with them.

This is why we currently have vaccine and mask mandates, and why we still have lockdowns and travel restrictions. This isn't a pandemic against a virus, it's a pandemic against misinformation and conspiracy theorists.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2021, 07:25 PM   #15716
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Well said and people go on about %’s compared State to State and get fuzzy
Too funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 06-10-2021, 08:11 PM   #15717
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
He is just saying that to put some doubt into the minds of those 50-50 whether they should ignore current settings. Its mind games, but its a good thing if it works. Unless something hits us that would even close down Sydney, I reckon its full steam ahead.

They may possibly reduce indoor numbers at 80% if there is a full on outbreak, but it won't be scrapped altogether. Well...thats my bet.

So far they have stuck to their roadmap when its been published, from 2nd lockdown till now.
Oh ok I did not realise you had access to Daniel Andrews back door!
Old 06-10-2021, 08:34 PM   #15718
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Oh ok I did not realise you had access to Daniel Andrews back door!
Lovely...

Rides (past and present)

Old 06-10-2021, 09:46 PM   #15719
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

The GSS punched through 70% vax squared this afternoon

Cousin Dom says changes to the roadmap likely.
3 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2021, 10:32 PM   #15720
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What people look like when they constantly post YouTube links in this thread without adding comments to that post.

*This is not directed to YT links posted on the current page
Closed Thread