Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2016, 12:28 AM   #1
SprintFg
Banned

Default The FGX as the ultimate enthusiast collectors falcon?

I think the fgx will be the ultimate enthusiast collectors falcon, particularly the turbo and supercharged V8 models.

Sure it's not as technically loaded as the commodore or Chrysler 300 cars but its biggest criticism is also it's best chance of being the ultimate enthusiast collectible car.

With almost the same mechanicals and interior as the FG model from 2008, we can be pretty confident any issues discovered Over the life of the model have been ironed out by fgx being end of the lifecycle of the product.

The Miami V8 has been about since 2011, the best V8 ford has ever made available in this country, fgx also enjoys 5 years lifecycle to discover and iron out any issues, The fgx in the xr8 also got the very best of what fpv had, the mechanicals are identical to GTF, a minor ecu remap separates them, but it gains sync2 as well as a fresh modern look.

The turbo model has the same benefit, same as the FG from 2008, again any issues discovered and ironed out.

Same deal with the interior electronics and suspension bits, air cond system, steering, etc etc etc.

So yes the fgx lacks all the modern day trinkets of the commodore but instead it comes as the best version of a well proven platform, with the best performance engines / drive trains ever offered in this country by ford, a well sorted out car with the benefit of all the testing and updates included to be the best of the best.

It's also the best that ford falcon will ever offer, Sync2 is a lovely system and it really compliments the solid well sorted out interior, it's simple but uses durable materials built to last. The look of the fgx is also different and more modern looking to FG but includes all the well proven FG/fpv driveline bits.

Can we imagine the commodore in 10 years time, half the gizmos won't work properly, the alcantara inserts will look weathered, scuffed and worn down, the fake chrome will fade, the sun will burn the head up display, the remote start becomes less sensitive and irregular, the fresh tech features and design issues will come to the fore, it won't be as fun n friendly in 10 years time as it is today. Today's tech cars will be considered as throw away cars as the amount of things that can and will go wrong with them, will cost too much to repair when warranty expires, I think the current commodore will fall well into this category whereas I think FGX/FG will not.

I think fgx will prove to be a robust reliable mechanical unit, the interior is simple and uses long lasting durable materials and will age well. the modern trinkets seen in commodore will look silly in years to come when they don't work properly, not so in FGX which is far simpler in design.

The drive trains in fgx are well proven, well sorted and the absolute best ford / fpv have with all updates included through the lifecycle of the product.

The fgx xr8 and sprint has the very best ford / fpv has mechanically and has sync2, as well as the benefit of all updates from the lifecycle of the engine / previous carried over parts, I believe placing fgx xr8 and xr8 sprint ahead of the fpv Miami cars as the ultimate evolution.

The fgx i6t is also the best evolution of the i6 engine, well proven over a long period and the best calibration of the lot, the xr6t / sprint model will be legendary and carry all the updates of the lifecycle of the engine. Even the 270kw version will have all the niggle bits sorted and any updates from any known issues included.

So not completely redesigning the last falcon will in my opinion make it the most well sorted robust car that enthusiast collectors can buy and keep longer term. I think fg2 will also be a close consideration as ultimate collectors but this car suffers from actually looking like a 2008 car and don't have the sync2 system. FGX on the other hand looks like a different more modern car but it's underbelly is the same glorious drive trains (with further updates) from fg2 /fpv.

The factory closes in a months time, there are still a few left, anyone who wants the best of the best, the ultimate evolution, last of a long heritage, be it a xr6t, xr6, G6ET or XR8, go get one now!!!!!