Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #61
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

XC Fairmont 4 door

XA GT 4 door

XE Fairmont Ghia ESP Charcoal/grey

They would be the 3 Fords id like
So id only say these
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 10:51 AM   #62
Cheese3
The BEST Falcon is the AU

the best thing about this thread!

the person who made it just got a shock of his life that AU T-Series has been mentioned by alot of people. considering he is a hater of AU's! and not many has mentioned B'series! Ha

1) ED sprint - would love one
2) XW wagon
3) T-series
Cheese3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #63
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Advocacy 1.01: Never ask a question that you do not know the answer to......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #64
Bad Bird
Watts a panhard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
Have to disagree there, I always thought the 70s Falcon coupes were a bit fat and a little disjointed compared to a Charger and the interior of those model Falcons was an absolute travesty.
I couldn't feel that you could possibly be more wrong. Their lines are so clean and swoopy, and big wheels take care of the 'fat' factor. And the cockpit dash of the XA and B is gorgeous.
Old 31-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #65
JaguarDave

XA Hardtop, P6 LTD, XY GS
JaguarDave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 11:38 AM   #66
JaguarDave

Quote:
Have to disagree there, I always thought the 70s Falcon coupes were a bit fat and a little disjointed compared to a Charger
I'm saying this as someone who currently owns four chargers but I only wish the charger had the clarity of line and form that the XB has.

The charger is a very wild and informal looking design which I love from most angles but the front doesn't seem properly to flow to the back like the XB hardtop does. Like the entire VH range the charger front clip seems to be from a different car to the back two thirds.
JaguarDave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #67
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Advocacy 1.01: Never ask a question that you do not know the answer to......
haha touche !

XAGT sedan
XEESP
T3TS50
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #68
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

In no particular order my favorites are
1.XC Coupe/Sedan GXL
2.EL2 XR8
3.T2 TS50
3 BF GT-P

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #69
Zedjay
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

#1 Landau

#2 AU 111 XR8 220

#3 FG XR6/8
Zedjay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #70
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bird
I couldn't feel that you could possibly be more wrong. Their lines are so clean and swoopy, and big wheels take care of the 'fat' factor. And the cockpit dash of the XA and B is gorgeous.
LOL, we are all different eh. I will give you that putting huge rubber on the Falcon coupes certainly does transform the car somewhat. But mate, the dash.... Sorry that could never be even vaguely referred to as anything remotely attractive :-) Vive La Difference
Old 31-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #71
fordv8!

xe esp ghia
xr8 sprint
xw/xy
then the coupes
fordv8! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #72
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

1. XA
2. XB
3. XC

Love the 70s coke bottle styling.
4.0i OHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #73
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

1. XAGT
2. BFGT
3. XBGT
4. AU T3 ( although I'd need to squint a little......LOL )
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 01:07 PM   #74
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My list;

1. XE ESP (any colour)
2. Coupes
3. XR-XY GT
4. T-series
ute83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #75
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Here are mine:

/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #76
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3man
That's correct - T-Series are a model in their own right and do not wear a Falcon badge.
Correct me if I am wrong, but are the FPV's not considered Falcon (even a Ford too for that matter). That being the case, none of the FPV's could be considered here?

However, reality comes into play in that all Tickfords (excluding the Fairlanes) as well as all of the FPV's (excluding the Terri's) are simply Ford Falcons to start with and then get further work prior to being sold to the customer.
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 01:28 PM   #77
RAPID_BA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZA-289
Yes people do have different opinions to you.....
True but they dont base the best looks on what a minority think.

Some people will like au as their favourite but cant be the majority
RAPID_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #78
RAPID_BA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3man
That's correct - T-Series are a model in their own right and do not wear a Falcon badge.
I should have clarified in the OP, any car sharing the falcon base... Otherwise we exclude fairmonts, fairlane etc etc etc

The t-series is more like an au falcon than a ferrari base isnt it?
RAPID_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #79
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarDave
I'm saying this as someone who currently owns four chargers but I only wish the charger had the clarity of line and form that the XB has.

The charger is a very wild and informal looking design which I love from most angles but the front doesn't seem properly to flow to the back like the XB hardtop does. Like the entire VH range the charger front clip seems to be from a different car to the back two thirds.
I was referring to the complete look of the whole XB range including the 4 door Falcon 500. For a face lift it was so clean and crisp looking and did not suffer the change for change sake syndrome like The XC did of the XE from XD did etc. I know the coupe is the family favourite and for all the right reasons but I just think the 4 door looks great in any trim (from the exterior). OK well the dash was a bit ostentatious and if we voting on dashes only then for me, the XC wins hands down.

There is no doubt that the Charger is just a beautiful thing. It had such a huge impact on the Aussie psyche that at one stage, 1 in every 4 Valliant's that rolled of the line was a 2 door. They did not even have the same Bathurst pedigree of the Torana's and the 2 door big Ford Coupes but to most, it just did not matter. I actually disagree about the non cohesion design from the front to the back of the Charger though.

This was such an Aussie thing to graft a taxi front onto a sports rear. Our designers were probably at the top of their game back then because the rest of the world and especially the Yanks did not have to work with this handicap. The Camaro/Mustang/GTO/Challenger sports/muscle cars all had their own dedicated design. Can you imagine a Brady Bunch Wagon with a Mustang or GTO front clip, or worse a Mustang with the brady bunch wagon front clip?

This whole idea was lost in the today's generation when Holden first released the Modern Monaro. Most young people at the time said that it just looked like a 2 door Commy, which was exactly just the point, when did they not look like a 2 door Kingswood or a 2 door Falcon or even a 2 door Valiant?

The AU and perticulary the AU1 Forte, well I still can not beleive that no one did not blow a whistle before it ultimately ended up in production. Somebody was really asleep behind the wheel during this time imho. If this was a Commodore instead of a Falcon, I would find it hard to believe that any one here would still defend it, after all the VE gets smashed here at times for its looks and it is not in the same league as the AU again imho. And the dash is the worst of any of them. The car itself is bullet proof though but I did not think that this was the point of this thread. If somebody started the worst looking Falcon thread, I wonder how many times the AU would be outed?

The BA especially the XR6 and more so the XR8 is probably the best face lift Ford ever did on a Falcon. Are we still only talking about general looks only here?

Bud Bud
Bud Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #80
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

1) AUII XR.. Love these cars
2) FG
3) BA/BF
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #81
SVR73
Mr Polish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
My Top 5:

XB Hardtop (Yellow Blaze FTW)
AU1 XR in full trim (Silhouette is HORN)
AU T3 (Narooma Blue FTW)
XC Panelvan (Any colour, just give me one)
AU1 Forte with Whaletooth Grille (Galaxy Blue is HORN)

Yeah, im a nasty little AU Fanboy....
Good on you Skotty for waving the AU Flag

Honestly I can't choose. too many good ones. XC GS wagon, XB utes, AU1 XR in full trim like mine, BA super pursuit ute.
Old 31-01-2011, 01:56 PM   #82
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Again I claim your an imbecile Hulk after the last few posts. Your attitude towards AU owners is poor at the best, you don't like the car fair enough to tell them like you just have is just c**p.

1. BF F6 of course
2. T3 TS50
3. ED XR8
Old 31-01-2011, 01:59 PM   #83
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
Never a more true word spoken. As i said elephant man looks and noone answered if they found the au designer at the bottom of the harbour in his concrete shoes.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 02:00 PM   #84
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

top 5 no actual order
Sedan XL
Coupe XM
Ute / Wagon XR
Special mention XC GXL

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 02:00 PM   #85
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

1 - XA-C Coupes
2 - AU3 T3
3 - Mustang GT 500 (both old and new versions)
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #86
Bad Bird
Watts a panhard.

Quote:
Sorry that could never be even vaguely referred to as anything remotely attractive :-) Vive La Difference
Well a lot of people disagree with you on the dash, myself included. But hey, I agree with the vive la difference sentiment.
Old 31-01-2011, 02:11 PM   #87
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can somebody please close this thread since HULK_BA already knows what the best looking Falcons are and he unfortunately has to put up with ludicrous uneducated opinions of all the others in this thread.

My sympathies go out to you mate.
Old 31-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #88
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Bud

The AU and perticulary the AU1 Forte, well I still can not beleive that no one did not blow a whistle before it ultimately ended up in production. Somebody was really asleep behind the wheel during this time imho. If this was a Commodore instead of a Falcon, I would find it hard to believe that any one here would still defend it, after all the VE gets smashed here at times for its looks and it is not in the same league as the AU again imho. And the dash is the worst of any of them. The car itself is bullet proof though but I did not think that this was the point of this thread. If somebody started the worst looking Falcon thread, I wonder how many times the AU would be outed?
I don't think the AU is quite as bad you make it out to be, Bud Bud. In 1998 it was weird looking and very hard on the eyes, compared to the VT which looked great. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though, and the AU today looks really fresh and sleek. I'd definitely pick an AU over the new Mondeo. The AU has aged brilliantly, whereas the VT has aged terribly. I was looking at a tidy, clean AU1 Forte last night with the optional 5-spoke alloys and they really aren't that ugly.
Old 31-01-2011, 02:20 PM   #89
mrghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

by looking at this no one has said the GT-HO P3 wasn't on my list but I wouldn't say no to a Tru Blue manual with wind back sunroof.
mrghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 02:34 PM   #90
T3man
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paull
Correct me if I am wrong, but are the FPV's not considered Falcon (even a Ford too for that matter).
Well I think that was mentioned by someone but it wasn't moi. I don't know what it has to do with T-Series not wearing a Falcon badge. Neither does a Fairmont. But we all agree they are Falcon based so I don't know why there's any debate over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paull
However, reality comes into play in that all Tickfords (excluding the Fairlanes) as well as all of the FPV's (excluding the Terri's) are simply Ford Falcons to start with and then get further work prior to being sold to the customer.
Actually Tickford produced quite a few models that had nothing at all to do with a Falcon base vehicle.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post