Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-07-2017, 09:52 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Post 2018 Ford F-150 Police Responder

"Built for the good ol’ US of A (where else?), the 2018 Ford F-150 Police Responder is the first “pursuit-rated” pick-up truck the Blue Oval has ever produced.

The highway cop car will be capable of 160km/h, and its pursuit rating means the F-150 is quick enough for chasing down felons, and able to endure extended high-speed driving without risking overheating, reduced braking performance, or other mechanical issues.
Under the bonnet is a 3.5-litre twin-turbo EcoBoost V6, making 280kW and 635Nm, mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission with part-time four-wheel-drive system and a low-range transfer case.

The Police Responder isn’t limited to sealed highways though, with off-road suspension and underbody skid plates enabling it to stay pinned on the perp’s tail even when the bitumen turns to dirt.

“Ford’s 2018 F-150 Police Responder is the perfect all-terrain law enforcement vehicle,” said Ford’s police brand marketing manager Stephen Tyler.
“Aside from its industry-first on-road pursuit capability, this purpose-built pickup can comfortably seat five, while providing capability in off-road patrol situations for officers in rural environments patrolled by sheriff’s departments, border patrol operations and the Department of Natural Resources.”

Along with all the police trimmings, the F-150 pursuit vehicle still has an impressive 3175kg payload and towing capacity. This is the biggest of any pursuit-rated police vehicle in the US, of course.
Needless to say, if this comes up in your rear-vision mirror with the lights on, it’s advised to pull over quick-smart."
http://www.msn.com/en-au/motoring/ne...cid=spartandhp

Last edited by csv8; 14-08-2017 at 09:48 AM.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2017, 11:07 AM   #2
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 
Default Re: 2018 Ford F-150 Police Responder

Coming to Australia at all? These things lurking on the highway would get peoples attention!
baboon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-07-2017, 11:35 AM   #3
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice: 3.5-litre twin-turbo EcoBoost V6, making 280kW and 635Nm, mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission with part-time four-wheel-drive system
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2017, 11:44 AM   #4
Ashdaw

I couldn't see the NSW or any other state government purchasing these, that would make sense and would bight into the graft money of MANY politicians.
Old 25-07-2017, 12:31 PM   #5
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You'd pull up pretty quickly if you saw those lights and sirens in the rear view mirror!
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2017, 03:21 PM   #6
Seasoned One
Seasoned One

160kph?.... not mph ?
1967 xr Falcon ute 289
1966 xr Fairmont 289
Seasoned One is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2017, 04:54 PM   #7
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasoned One View Post
160kph?.... not mph ?
I'd say it is pursuit rated up to 160kph. In that it wouldn't be allowed to exceed that speed in a pursuit.

Although after experiencing an ecoboost v6 and 10 speed in an f150 raptor it would hit that speed pretty quickly. They are so impressive.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2017, 07:32 PM   #8
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Ford should bring this over or install that EcoBoost 6 and 10 speed in the tuktuk Ranger if it can handle the power
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2017, 08:44 PM   #9
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok seriously.

Ford go through the expense of engineering the Focus and Mondeo for us for barely 600 units per month each, the Focus selling from around 20 grand.

Why the hell won't they engineer the F150 for us, sell a couple of hundred a month and sell them for 60 grand and up, a step up over Ranger. They would own the market! Or partner with one of the conversion companies to bring the cost down seeing as I just googled RHD countries and there aren't that many of us!

From memory the last F Series sold here sold like hot cakes, they are popular on the used market, there is pent up demand out there. Mustang 2.0!
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2017, 09:07 PM   #10
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If I was a cop I would be stoked to drive that around, especially in rural areas.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-07-2017, 07:54 AM   #11
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Goddammit! this’ll give them Duke boys something to think about....
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-07-2017, 10:37 AM   #12
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
Ok seriously.

Ford go through the expense of engineering the Focus and Mondeo for us for barely 600 units per month each, the Focus selling from around 20 grand.

Why the hell won't they engineer the F150 for us, sell a couple of hundred a month and sell them for 60 grand and up, a step up over Ranger. They would own the market! Or partner with one of the conversion companies to bring the cost down seeing as I just googled RHD countries and there aren't that many of us!

From memory the last F Series sold here sold like hot cakes, they are popular on the used market, there is pent up demand out there. Mustang 2.0!
They would bugger up the parking arrangement on the car yards, its a 6 point turn in the Ranger!
Old 26-07-2017, 12:00 PM   #13
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Ok seriously.

Ford engineer RHD Mondeo and Focus because they can sell thousands around the world. How many of these F150s would sell across all RHD markets? Would they make enough money to cover costs?

When Detroit thinks RHD, they're considering all applicable counties not just Oz.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2017, 12:55 PM   #14
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81 View Post
Ford engineer RHD Mondeo and Focus because they can sell thousands around the world. How many of these F150s would sell across all RHD markets? Would they make enough money to cover costs?

When Detroit thinks RHD, they're considering all applicable counties not just Oz.
That's why I corrected myself mid post, I googled our markets as I was typing and realised how few of us there actually is. But surely they could partner with a converter to bring the costs down and make them more widely available and accessible? There would have to be some sort of a way.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2017, 01:46 PM   #15
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
That's why I corrected myself mid post, I googled our markets as I was typing and realised how few of us there actually is. But surely they could partner with a converter to bring the costs down and make them more widely available and accessible? There would have to be some sort of a way.
RHD conversion after the fact is always expensive, even with factory support. Walkinshaw RHD Camaro's (if they come to fruition) will be 90 ish K, when factory RHD Muzzies are 60-70K.

Regular Imported/converted For trucks are expensive as it is, let alone this bad boy. A performance Ranger will have to take up the mantle.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2017, 02:04 PM   #16
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
Goddammit! this’ll give them Duke boys something to think about....
GOLD!
Craig@AUDI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2017, 02:22 PM   #17
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think its the other way around.
Ranger will be re entering the US Market, priced from 25K I read.
This will no doubt eat into F150 sales.

We just need our future Rangers to have Ecoboost & 10 speed options
Old 26-07-2017, 04:28 PM   #18
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Ok seriously.

The factories run flat chat just supplying the North American market. If they sold them in RHD it probably wouldn't even make up 1% of total sales. It's just a waste of time for them to do it and it would just add to production complications.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2017, 07:54 PM   #19
railtrolley

The only other major market RHD I can think of is the UK. There is India or Japan, which would probably be the largest RHD markets in the world, but I can't see either of these countries wanting the F150. Does Japan still have the tax on vehicle widths? This would prevent the F150 working well there because of the narrow streets in Tokyo.

A while ago J Clarkson did a test of an older F150, and he said it would not sell well in the UK either because of the narrow roads. I remember him being critical of the fit and finish of the interior. But he failed to mention that the vehicle would have been an aftermarket RHD drive conversion, and the quality is down to the conversion company, not the manufacturer.

Australian F100's used to be built here in Brisbane, Eagle Farm. The factory is now a glass window company.

Tilt Bullbar before raising cab

2004 BA Mk1 XR8 - SS inductions big mouth Vortex intake. Dual exhaust.
railtrolley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post