Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-10-2014, 11:19 PM   #1
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

Default 90 years of Ford Australia in 2015

Well next year will be 90 years of Ford Australia with the last big mile stone being in 2000 with a celebration of its 75 years. The event for its 75th anniversary was call " The Home coming" and we all did a Ralle from the east coast as far as Cairns nth Qld and from the west in Perth with us all meeting at Broadmeadows for a big party. 1000's attended with Alan Moffat and several other Ford Motorsport hero's attending. It also included a factory tour and laps around You Yangs proving grounds. I wonder if Ford will do a similar event in 2015 for a 90 year celebration seeing as there won't be a factory in 2025 for a 100 year celebration. Was the best road trip I have ever done.

Link to article about the rally http://www.autoweb.com.au/cms/A_5177...wsarticle.html

Old 27-10-2014, 11:59 PM   #2
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Default Re: 90 years of Ford Australia in 2015

Would be good if they did. Given their recent form with events (FG-X etc) then it could be a possibility.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2014, 04:43 PM   #3
XBv8mmm!

Yep, and they are celebrating this milestone by changing their name from Ford Australia to Ford in Australia.
Old 28-10-2014, 04:44 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

Id like them to do this in 2016 when it closes. Be a good celebration of all things Ford in Australia and a good oppotunity to introduce the 'new' way things will be done after that.
Old 28-10-2014, 05:14 PM   #5
cram_it_frog
wombat

There was a very interesting documentary on foxtel the other day the history of the Australia motor industry

The big thing in the 30s was see who can get between Sydney and Melbourne the fastest

one guy got some thing like 20 plus punctures and there was a garage in Melbourne manned by all women

Does any one r ember the Australian movie where the honda civic split into two

The car history for Australia is a short but memorable one

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned
1969 Blue wagon 1974 XB owned 3 of them
Numerious others but I always went back to ford

My first car was a 6 volt VW sedan
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-10-2014, 07:59 PM   #6
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram_it_frog View Post
There was a very interesting documentary on foxtel the other day the history of the Australia motor industry

The big thing in the 30s was see who can get between Sydney and Melbourne the fastest

one guy got some thing like 20 plus punctures and there was a garage in Melbourne manned by all women

I think the Movie was called Malcolm, with Colin Freils in the title role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-10-2014, 09:06 PM   #7
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Just a shame it won't be able to get to the 100 years. Would have been a huge milestone.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #8
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:

That was on the ABC a little while back. The first part was interesting (with all the different manufactures that are long gone)...parts 2 & 3 just became a Holden fest.
Old 29-10-2014, 05:13 PM   #9
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

what channel was that on would like to see it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2014, 07:40 PM   #10
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

So...Ford are limiting the sales of the XR8 (due to component availability etc)

But...

What if...

Ford did have 200 or so items stashed away for a special 90th anniversary FG-X XR8, sure, might just be a badge an sticker special, but it would be cool if the last ever falcons built celebrated this milestone...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: