Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria > FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions

FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions

Old 16-11-2006, 10:26 AM   #1
glaze

Default BF XR6T or BF XR8??

Hi Guys. I am thinking of buying a BF XR6T or XR8 and just wondering what your thoughts are on what is the better car. I have had turbo cars before and am quite interested in the XR8 for something a little different, but have never owned an 8, so any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. Apart from engines and bonnet scoop, are there any other differences between car as in suspension set up or the like?? Thanks guys and look forward to being a member of the XR brigade.

glaze is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 10:37 AM   #2
Grasshoppr
GTI ist ehrfürchtig

Your best bet is to test drive both cars and make your choice that way. The 8 has a different feel to the turbo and no one else can tell you which one you will like best.

Check out some dealers to tee up a drive once you are ready to purchase and tell them that you are undecided on which one to go with i'm sure they will help. Strapp Ford sponsor this site and our club has dealer sponsor in Oakleigh.

Cheers

Our Events cater for all types of people.
Grasshoppr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 06:36 PM   #3
Brute6
Lurvin' my Ute!!!

I've had both the XR6T and XR8 (in Ute form though) and found the 8 very nose heavy (obviously for the big lump up front) when cornering. Acceleration wise, you'll probably feel quicker in the Turbo, mainly due to the "rush" you get once its spooling (right BLKPhoon!!!) but the V8 still doesn't mess about once its bogeying!
Personally, I'm a V8 fella, mainly because of the sound they make, and the sheer pulling power with the torque, but each person is different in their wants.
If you are towing a fair bit, I'd say go for the V8. It will tow more easily and effortlessly.

But yeah, as BLKPhoon sais, take each for a test drive, and I'm sure that will give you a pretty goos idea....

HERS: SZ Territory TS, Havana

Proud Member "FPV & XR Owners Club of Vic"

Brute6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 08:44 PM   #4
pecker73
Falcon Addict

I had both for two weeks on a corp evaluation plan. Both had the 6 speed auto.
I ended up going with the XR6T. The V8 sounds brilliant, but it did feel a bit slow off the line in stop/start traffic. Also, over the two weeks, the V8 fuel consumption with my driving was horrific... Ave 18.5L

I have fallen for the Tubro big time... I will never tow anything, so the loss of torque doesn't matter. Had mine since August and I am about to clock up 10,000 - fuel has been excellent, ave of 11.2L in city driving (running on 95ron) and I am a demon at the lights... Love to see the boost gauge kick in !

Another influece was re-sale, there is a definate turn away from V8's in the market (hence the $6k drop in price on the BFII), but the turbo is turning out to be a bit of a cult car and that can only help at trade time.

Happy Hunting... :eclipsee_

DAILY-2006 BF Falcon XR6 Turbo Sedan. 6 Speed Auto.

1/4 Mile......13.84sec/103.38Mph BF XR6T with an official 211.0 rwkw :
pecker73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2006, 11:40 PM   #5
glaze

Default Xr6t.

I have decided to go with the XR6T 6 speed manual. Nice Bionic Blue with Premium Sound. Cant wait, hopefully will have it in next few days so will let you know when I get it. Thanks for your help and look forward to your suggestions on modifying the XR6T.
Old 20-11-2006, 12:22 AM   #6
Brute6
Lurvin' my Ute!!!

Good to hear Glaze! Congrats.... :voldar02:

In terms of modifying it, there are plenty of threads on the XR6T/F6 Section which should make you pretty happy.....

HERS: SZ Territory TS, Havana

Proud Member "FPV & XR Owners Club of Vic"

Brute6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2006, 09:59 AM   #7
glaze

Default Xr6t.

As a Nissan GTR owner and love modifying cars, I know the XR6T are very modifiable. I am sure all the info will make me very happy, not sure about my wife, even though she is a Ford Service advisor. We will see how I can get around it and also see how long it will take before I start the modifying. Thanks Brute6.
Old 20-11-2006, 12:08 PM   #8
pecker73
Falcon Addict

Woo Hoo..... : : :

Another XR6T Cult Memeber...

Post up some pic's when it arrives...

DAILY-2006 BF Falcon XR6 Turbo Sedan. 6 Speed Auto.

1/4 Mile......13.84sec/103.38Mph BF XR6T with an official 211.0 rwkw :
pecker73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2006, 10:34 PM   #9
glaze

Will hopefully have them up by the end of the week, looking forward to it.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:12 AM   #10
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

oh god, i'm in the same boat. Really want a v8 but the xr8 is just so nose heavy. Almost thinking of getting an HSV. I don't want to have to but if its going to be the only V8 around that can go round a corner.....sob

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post