Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

View Poll Results: Would you buy eQuibs carbon fiber parts for your AU?
Yes, Very interested 75 84.27%
No, Just not for me. 14 15.73%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 01:38 PM   #1
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Default eQuibs interior carbon fibre parts for AU’s.. are you interested?

Some of you may have noticed the new sponsor called eQuibs. They specialize in carbon fiber parts (particularly interior) for cars and have just entered the market with a new range of BA/BF parts that look sensational. This is not a “modicoat” item but true CF parts.
Here is an example of their work:

I have just had a conversation with Richie from eQuibs and he is very open to doing similar sort of work with the AU if the demand is there! So here’s our opportunity, lets not squander it!

So here’s the way we can do it.
Firstly I would like to know who is interested. Remember this is high end, top quality, true carbon fiber product (not a coating) and will not be a “cheap and tacky” mod. This is probably the best quality I have seen.
Secondly we need to know what parts you want done. Things like door handles, power window switch inserts, centre consol, dash “pod” etc. Please post up pictures of what you want to see made so I can pass it on to Richie for appraisal.

Then, if the interest is there and eQuibs says it’s a go (and that would mean around 50 units of each item roughly) then we will be required to place a small deposit each to get the ball rolling.

We are not talking months ore years here either. From “yes” to sample production may be a matter of weeks and full production not too long after that.

So here’s our chance to get some stunning carbon fiber parts for the interior of the cars and finally have a company making the insides of the AU as hot as the outsides.

Cheers,
Casper

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:44 PM   #2
jones_aus

sweet

id love a set of panels to replace all the woodgrain in my fiarmont.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:49 PM   #3
phildee

I would love some door spears, but have a feeling they may end up out of my price range. Would be happy to get some woodgrain ones if somone upgrades to carbon too ;)
Old 05-08-2006, 01:52 PM   #4
jones_aus

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildee
I would love some door spears, but have a feeling they may end up out of my price range. Would be happy to get some woodgrain ones if somone upgrades to carbon too ;)
we might have to make a deal, im thinking the cost of the carbon will be a bit much, so if you wanna take the woodgrain off my hands that would make it a bit more bearable.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:58 PM   #5
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Door spears definately (always liked these). dash spear (over passenger side airbag/glovebox), interior door handle surrounds and window switch panels. Instrument cluster panel, ac control/radio panel, wing mirror surrounds- just little things I can think of.

More interested in high series non-bulge bonnet, boot panel and door skins though to be honest.......
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 05-08-2006, 02:00 PM   #6
I6corp
Was V6corp

Sweet, although they'll be the last of my mods... Im always keen
Planned Engine Mods: ; Extractors; Tickford CAI; Twin Mufflers; Shift Kit; Hi-Stall; Cam; ECU Flash
Bling Mods: Tinted Windows; JVC CD/DVD HU
Planned Bling Mods: TS50 Front; High Series bonnet; Rebel Skirts and Rear Bar; SL Springs; Clear Side Indicators; Rear Spolier; Mags
Old 05-08-2006, 02:21 PM   #7
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50
dash spear (over passenger side airbag/glovebox), interior door handle surrounds and window switch panels. Instrument cluster panel, ac control/radio panel, wing mirror surrounds- just little things I can think of.
Pretty much the same bits for me
Old 05-08-2006, 02:41 PM   #8
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

It depends on prices I guess, but I would love to look at a CFP (centre finish panel aka - radio surround) for the standard dash....

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
Old 05-08-2006, 02:46 PM   #9
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

That Looks Terrible IMO , Keep the Woodgrain .

Oh my god mate , fully sick carbon fibre interior , gives me 22 kW extra at the FLY wheel !

Old 05-08-2006, 02:52 PM   #10
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR_AU

Oh my god mate , fully sick carbon fibre interior , gives me 22 kW extra at the FLY wheel !
Some of us ALREADY have the power.. and now would like some of the nice things in life for the car.

Remember, this is a SPONSER and they have gone out of their way to help with doing AU interior bits. You may not like it which is fine.. but dont bag the product based on that.

Old 05-08-2006, 03:15 PM   #11
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR_AU

I'd go the door spears because I think they look nice, that's it- it's not about being fully sick- I'd buy carbon panels to reduce the weight of my car to make it faster and handle better. What's wrong with wanting something you think is nice?

Carbon Fibre in a black interior looks very nice IMO. I'd pick it over woodgrain any day.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 05-08-2006, 03:46 PM   #12
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50
Door spears definately (always liked these). dash spear (over passenger side airbag/glovebox), interior door handle surrounds and window switch panels. Instrument cluster panel, ac control/radio panel, wing mirror surrounds- just little things I can think of.
As mentioned above, even the plastic trim on the outside,really interested to see the end product as it looks pretty shmick.

Mick

1976 XB GS COUPE (waiting to start the rebuild)
Old 05-08-2006, 04:09 PM   #13
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As mentioned above, I'd be keen to replace my Fairmont's woodgrain with CF. Was going to go the modicoat way but depending on price I'd rather this option... Front dash strip and trip computer surround, gear select surround, and door spears...
Old 05-08-2006, 04:45 PM   #14
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd be interested in some of the parts Jim has said.

Cheers!
Old 05-08-2006, 04:47 PM   #15
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im definatly interested.

I will take some photos of the bits i would liek done.

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

Old 05-08-2006, 07:16 PM   #16
MRJUCY
Fordless

I like carbon fibre. It would depend on what parts tho as the T already has that weird dash insert which I wouldn't replace & wouldn't want anything that clashed with it too much.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:26 PM   #17
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

their BA stuff certainly looks great. I mote contact them for some prices.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:43 PM   #18
HLC
Audi S3

all the woodgrain pieces on Fairlane/Fairmont Ghias.

so thats the big spear around the trip computer/climate control. around the T-bar, around the power window switches and door spears.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:39 PM   #19
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
I like carbon fibre. It would depend on what parts tho as the T already has that weird dash insert which I wouldn't replace & wouldn't want anything that clashed with it too much.
I'm in but as Jucy mentions TSeries already has some with blue tinge's in it.
If they can do similar I'm in....needs to match up.
All bits Jim mentioned are the ones,they need to get some samples like the T stuff so it all looks like factory imo....
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 06-08-2006, 12:48 AM   #20
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Yeah the stereo fascia and the dash spear mentioned above would be great.

The arm rests maybe as well. Hmm...I'll have to take another look at the car to see what else would be good.

Any info on possible pricing would be beneficial too.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

Old 06-08-2006, 01:01 AM   #21
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Some of us ALREADY have the power.. and now would like some of the nice things in life for the car.
Whoops, you're not useless.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:11 AM   #22
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris Hilton
Whoops, you're not useless.
meaning?

Old 06-08-2006, 10:42 AM   #23
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Modicoat can be pricey too, so if you're after the carbon look, this would be a nice option. Though given the direction I've already taken with my interior this wouldn't be something I'd go for. With the right kind of marketing, this could work, definitely.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:09 AM   #24
miitch
orgasmic.

I would probably like to see the same as a few others on here, replace all the wood grain in my fairmont and then probably the shifter surround.

121.0rwkw
Old 06-08-2006, 07:35 PM   #25
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Casper , I Wasnt Being Rude , But you Asked For My Opinion and i gave it

Sorry

Daniel

Old 07-08-2006, 05:14 PM   #26
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

BA Scuff plates would look awesome too IMHO.

Mick

1976 XB GS COUPE (waiting to start the rebuild)
Old 07-08-2006, 06:08 PM   #27
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think it would sell ok but i reckon it'd be very expensive due to what its made from..
Old 07-08-2006, 09:14 PM   #28
99XR6

[QUOTE=jimt3te50]Door spears definately (always liked these). dash spear (over passenger side airbag/glovebox), interior door handle surrounds and window switch panels. Instrument cluster panel, ac control/radio panel, wing mirror surrounds- just little things I can think of.

i'm in for that too
Old 11-08-2006, 03:12 PM   #29
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

What is the current status from the feedback to date ?
Are they going to say Hi and post and let us know something Casper ?
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 11-08-2006, 04:29 PM   #30
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

No feedback at the moment, just waiting to see what people want and if its worth going forward with it.

Will need some photos to see what people actually want done too.

Closed Thread