Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

View Poll Results: What should Dave get??
$315 RDA slotted discs front & rear 49 57.65%
$400 DBA slotted discs front $ rear 36 42.35%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26-03-2010, 03:14 PM   #61
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancowboy
I will be keeping an eye on this poll as im now in the market for some disks to suit the Tickford premium front calipers and that all i know! I think they are 229 or 330mm?
329mm mate, i have DBA4000's on my TE
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2010, 03:31 PM   #62
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

No need to keep an eye on the poll, just buy what you can afford, rda slotted made in china hence the more affordable cost whereas the 4000's are made here pay extra price due to workers can buy steak.
No brainer both great products just buy what folding you can dish out as said.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2010, 03:38 PM   #63
Day-mow
rexnet

I got some bendix ultimate pads for 54 from sca with a 20% off voucher so good front brakes for under 250 I'm pretty happy with that

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2010, 02:17 AM   #64
urbancowboy

Thanks DJM83 that clears up one of my confusion's, now i'm onto the caliper confusion, re Tickford premo calipers needing a bracket when my work says they don't!
urbancowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2010, 11:29 AM   #65
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

A bracket for what?
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 12:12 AM   #66
urbancowboy

Sorry to be getting a bit off topic here.

Apparently and i've been informed by more than one person that the Premium Tickford Caliper's use a Bracket which extends the caliper further from the hub in order to allow for the larger diameter disks. However the Caliper's i've bought appear to have been designed to bolt on without any extension bracket.

I believe there must be more than one type of Tickford Premium caliper, because i checked with my work's spare parts interpreter's and they couldn't see any bracket in any diagram for Tickford Premium calipers on a AU2/3.

Thanks for any input.
Old 28-04-2010, 01:04 AM   #67
urbancowboy

Reviving a dead thread here!

I got my Caliper brackets and now am looking for Disks! I found this thread helpful. Im a little curious about the kangaroo paw technology, surely any extra cooling is something you'd only notice at the track, in which case you'd probably have highly abrasive pads getting ultra hot too!

I think i'll go with RDA's and use the new stock ford pads that came with my calipers, and if i want more braking power after that then i'll fit some better pads!
Old 04-08-2010, 08:06 PM   #68
Hossy

I'm in the same boat, got SRT pads for the front but stuffed if I know what rotors to get. Whats a set of F & R DBA 4000's worth for the AU1 Fairmont V8?
Hossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2010, 06:52 PM   #69
Hossy

Have fitted DBA4000 Slotteds with SRT pads all round, the thing stops well!!!!
Hossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2010, 06:55 PM   #70
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Just fitted another set of QFM pads to the RDA slotteds I've had on the wagon for two 2-3 years. No machining and they've bedded in beautifully.

QFM pads and RDA slotteds will continue to be the combination I go for, for great standard driving.

Cheers,

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2010, 07:40 PM   #71
SirHenry
Falcon Unbelievable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Just fitted another set of QFM pads to the RDA slotteds I've had on the wagon for two 2-3 years. No machining and they've bedded in beautifully.

QFM pads and RDA slotteds will continue to be the combination I go for, for great standard driving.

Cheers,

GK
I'll second that GK I've been running QFM pads and RDA slotteds for about a year now and have found them to be extremely good.
SirHenry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #72
crdave
Blue Blood

I bought a front kit from Sydney race brakes and it has the red stuff pads included.Anyone ever tried them before?
Rotors are RDA'S
crdave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2010, 10:33 AM   #73
DaveTE
Back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancowboy
Reviving a dead thread here!

I got my Caliper brackets and now am looking for Disks! I found this thread helpful. Im a little curious about the kangaroo paw technology, surely any extra cooling is something you'd only notice at the track, in which case you'd probably have highly abrasive pads getting ultra hot too!

I think i'll go with RDA's and use the new stock ford pads that came with my calipers, and if i want more braking power after that then i'll fit some better pads!
Don't know much other than I have slotted RDAs on my XR8 AUII and DBA 5000s on th TE50 S3. Had break fade in the XR8 and none in the TE50 when treated to the same conditions. But and it's a big but is the price difference. I can't see the point to putting them in my XR8 because I use it more for family trips away these days. The TE50 is for the fun times and for the look factor DBA 5000s are sexy .
DaveTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post